“Great location for exploring the Historic District”

Courtyard Savannah Downtown/Historic District
Ranked #40 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Elgin, United Kingdom
“Great location for exploring the Historic District”
Reviewed 21 March 2013

A lovely hotel, close to all the interesting areas of savannah. We had a room overlooking the pool which was nice and quiet. rooms are agood size, clean, nicely decorated and a good price. brakfast was good but not inckluded in room price. It was a little too cold for swimming but the pool looked nice. Fantastic staff who are friendly and happy to help.

Room Tip: Get a room over looking the pool for a quiet night.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Reviewed 20 March 2013 via mobile

Everything from the valet to the front desk at this hotel is first class!! The staff treated my wife and I like we were royalty even before they new I was a gold member! The rooms were excellent! Very clean,spacious, and home feeling! This hotel is all about service and taking care of their customers!
I would recommend if you are in Savanna and want to stay close to the downtown historic district try them out! Rates are very reasonable for the average person or family!
Highly recommended!!!

Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Hampton, New Hampshire
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Recently 3 friends and I stayed at the Marriot Hotel Historic District for a sightseeing trip around Savannah. We all were very impressed with the cleanliness and comfort of this hotel as well as the friendliness of the staff and their eagerness to be helpful. Also, we would highly recommed the buffet breakfast which included everything from cereal to waffles; the price a real bargain. The walk to River St. is about 1 mi.; a pleasant walk thru many squares. The visitor center is just across the street and many tours around Savannah leave from there. We would not hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: Room with a balcony
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 17 March 2013 via mobile

For my birthday, we decided to celebrate here in the Historic District of Savannah, I made the reservations online and followed up with a phone call request specifically requesting a certain type of room along with a extra pillow, lady representative started she would note my reservation.

Upon encountering this place, having the must horrible experience with checking in by Mr. Eddie, a young inexperienced young man.

I frequent many hotels across the country and have never had the front desk clerk act so discourteous to me. The way his demeanor and time was totally uncalled for.

Upon trying to enter the room the key card didn't work, then after housekeeping (Antoinette the only one who was nice to me) let us in the room. It was not what I requested and had to encounter BAD attitude Eddie, to further to try to get what I requested, but to no avail, just more berating by him.

So, I decided to move to another hotel but was convinced just to stay here and make the best of this place. Well, the room smelled like smoke, do here's another complaint. Antoinette moved us to another room, helped us carry our bags and called front desk supervisor and explained the issue.

She offered to go exchange our key cards, but I refused and did it myself, so I could speak directly with the manager. Well to my dismay, Ms. Andrea didn't do nothing but basically just said oh well, brushed me off & started it wasn't on the reservation.

I was ready to explode, but I don't like nor approve of public disturbances, so I left very calmly to go outside to get some fresh air.

I have decided to put pen to paper and contact their corporate office and inform them, just how their guest is being treated and that I will NEVER return to this location. I'm waiting to hear from them.

I'm writing here to inform any and everyone Caveat Emptor... "BUYER BEWARE". In my opinion, if you're paying top dollar to stay at what suppose to be a notable hotel, you should have the staff to treat you with respect and do what they can to make you happy while you are staying at their establishment, instead of blowing you off.

I'm so disappointed with this Marriott and the staff.

Signed... Disheartened

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank duch319
DerrickGM, General Manager at Courtyard Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this review, 5 May 2013
Thank you for your feedback.
Reading this, we made some mistakes from the beginning and did not do a very good job of making the situation better. Our desk staff should have been more engaged in getting the issues resolved and helping you get settled in for your birthday.
I am sorry that we were a negative in what should have been a fun night here in Savannah. I would be disappointed too.

Please contact me to discuss further.

Derrick Pair
912-790-8287
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 2 March 2013

Finally!!! Our "Family Gathering" was held at this Courtyard last September (2012). The event was planned around the Savannah Jazz Festival. Personally, I would like to thank this Marriott staff again for the outstanding and professional service that my family received during our four day stay. "THANK YOU"! I am a Marriott Rewards member and have stayed in various Marriott facilities over the U.S., but this staff from management, sales, front desk service, maintenance and valet parking was PHENOMENAL! Trust me, I did not expect "Ritz Carlton" service in a Courtyard facility. This next comment is not directed to the staff personally.... This hotel was clean, the beds were comfortable and the facility was nice. Marriott certainly needs to give this facility a "makeover". It is much needed for the excellent service it provides and for their guest in this prime location of Savannah. "Standing Ovation" to you Courtyard! See you in September for Jazz Festival 2013! *Convenient location to most tourist sites. T. Tucker - Nashville, TN

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Terri917
Reviewed 2 March 2013

My wife and I are in town for the first time. A friend recommended this hotel. The first staff person we met was Damon (Valet). He absolutely set the tone for our stay. Damon is real cool and was very helpful. Next, we met Eddie and Tiffany. Friendly and hospitable. Though we did not get the room we reserved, Selena more than made up for the mistake. Andrea came through for us the second night. The staff at this hotel are great assets to the Marriott brand.

The accommodations are very nice and the proximity to River Street is great too (we can walk off the food).

Will be back!

• Stayed March 2013
Panama City Beach, Florida
Reviewed 19 February 2013

I was a little disappointed the Hotel was a little aged and the rooms had an old smell to them. I actually had two rooms...the staff members were very professional. But the price of the rooms should have been a little lower....we paid 199.00 for the King and 116.00 for the double Queen room. The hotel is in a perfect location but hopefully there will be some up-grades...there is no room service available for meals. In comparsion to other places I have stayed you usually get more ammenties...

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family