Courtyard Savannah Downtown/Historic District
Ranked #41 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Eustis, Florida
“Nice place”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We had nice time at this hotel rooms were good size and comfortable. It is located well as within walking distance of any place you would like to see in Savannah. We had taken the train so not far in cab to get to hotel. The only complaint I would have was the breakfast. We ate the buffet the first morning after that we found someplace else for breakfast. Staff were very helpfull and pleasant. First night arrived late and they sent us across the street to the distillery good place for drinks and food. All in all good stay.

2 Thank tamisuee
DerrickGM, General Manager at Courtyard Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear tamisuee,

I want to thank you for staying at our hotel and for taking the time to write a review about your experience. I am pleased to hear that you had such a nice stay and that you found our location inviting and comfortable.
In reading your review I was sorry to hear you were disappointed in the breakfast. We do strive to offer a great breakfast for our guests. Please contact me at your convenience, as I would like to hear any specific feedback you may have in regards to this so that we may improve upon it.

We hope to see you again soon.

Derrick Pair

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 December 2013

My review is for the King suite so please bear that in mind when you're reading what I wrote. I have no idea what the other rooms look like. I was very impressed with this 3 star hotel. The service and facilities were much better than what I've seen at hotels with more stars.

The service was excellent- from start to finish. The suite was nice and big! It came equipped with a fridge, coffee-maker, and a microwave. The decor of the suite was excellent! It had 2 TVs which was perfect, and a door separated the living room from the bedroom. The suite also had a balcony which was great!

The hotel is located very close to the Riverwalk- I walked there and back. It's also located close to public parking and a nice restaurant.

The only complaint I have is that I don't like having a bathroom with no sink. I just think that this is unsanitary. I also think that the bathroom could use some renovation, and the sofa bed was uncomfortable and smelled; hence, I wanted to give the place 3.5 stars, but it's not possible. Other than that, this is a great hotel that I highly recommend.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear wolfpackgirl12,

First of all I want to thank you for staying at our hotel and for taking the time to review your experience. Feedback from our guests is always appreciated.

I am glad to hear that you had such a great experience, and that you really enjoyed your King Suite room. It is good to hear that our service and property exceeded your expectations and helped to create a wonderful Savannah visit.

I appreciate your feedback in regards to the sofa bed. We will address this issue with the staff to ensure it does not occur again.

Thank you again for your positive comments and for choosing to stay with us. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Florida
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Very friendly staff, Desk Clerk (Evin Mosley) upon ck in was awesome and very helpful. Hotel is very clean. Although we had a small issue w/our room management took care of the problem quickly. We had a king suite my 15 yr old daughter and her friend had the living room w/a pull out couch to themselves,and my husband and I had the bedroom, which was very roomy, w/a desk so we could work and a sitting chair and the king bed w/plenty of walking room. The hotel has a nice coutprtyard and a outdoors swimming pool,(and a indoor hot tub). I wasn't sure about tipping valet every time I needed my vehicle as there is only valet (no self park option). I would stay again I'm an easy to please kind of person but I like to have all the information to work w/when I read reviews. Hopefully I will be able to post pictures after our room is cleaned.

Room Tip: We prefer lots of space so if you have children I recommend a suite.well worth the money.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear judy M,
Thank you for staying with us! I am glad to hear that Evan took good care of you. He is a great associate and I know he will love to read this. I am also happy to hear that we took care of the issue in the room. The King Suites are great rooms, aren't they? My favorite rooms in the hotel.

Thank you for your time!

Tampa, United States
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Traveling to Grandma's house for the holiday and stayed a night in historic Savannah on the way. Good hotel - good stay. Only problem was our room was facing the main street and directly over the smoker's area immediately outside the hotel.

Room Tip: Don't accept a room on the street side over the smoking area.
Dear Steve H,
I am glad to see that you had a good stay and liked the hotel. I am sorry about the smoke issue. This is not usually an issue but definitely do not want you to experience that again. We will happily make sure that your rooms is in a different location the next time you stay with us.
Please do not hesitate to contact us in the future and we will make sure your room is located in a different area of the hotel.

I hope to see you again soon. Thank you,

Canton, CT
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We stayed here for several nights and found the location to be very convenient. Most everything was within reasonable walking distance. The room was great! We loved having the separate bedroom and siting areas. We had plenty of room to spread out and didn't feel cramped. We would definitely stay here again!

Green Features: We were shocked that there were no recycling bins to be found anywhere in the hotel. We put our plastic and glass in our car and brought it back to CT to recycle!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
St. Augustine, FL
Reviewed 23 December 2013

We booked our 2 day stay through RCI Travel. We had been promised a 2 room King suite by the booking agent. When we arrived and checked in we had just a 1 bedroom room, not the suite we were expecting. RCI Travel was absolutely useless and told us they could cancel our room and we could either go home or book another hotel. Gerimiah, the supervisor in charge at the front desk upgraded us to a King suite after hearing what had happened to us. He didn't have to, we didn't ask him to, but he did and he totally made our day!
Hotel is just far enough from downtown that you can relax. Rooms facing the courtyard are very quiet (we were on the 4th floor). There are on-street parking spots right behind the hotel and across the street behind the building, we did not use the valet. The trolley tours load right across the street. We went with Old Town Trolley instead of the one the concierge recommended because we have them here in St. Augustine and they do a fantastic job.

Room Tip: higher up and facing the courtyard is quieter
1 Thank Michele C
Gadsden, Alabama
Reviewed 9 December 2013

This hotel was AMAZING. My husband and I stayed here in May of this year for our first anniversary trip. The hotel is beautiful inside and out with great views. The location is very convenient to everything. We just walked out our front door and to all the great attractions nearby. The staff was the best I have ever encountered. We recommend this hotel to everyone coming to Savannah. The rooms were huge also. Great pool. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a city view room to see the sunset over the city. Gorgeous.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple