“Great Hotel - Great Location”

Courtyard Savannah Downtown/Historic District
Ranked #41 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
“Great Hotel - Great Location”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My sister and I visited Savannah for three days and stayed at this hotel. The staff was so helpful and the location was the best. We were able to either walk to our destination or were picked up by one of the trolley shuttles and taken to the trolley company location.

Beautiful courtyard and pool area.

Took advantage of the valet parking. Didn't use our car but once to go to Tybee Island but it was brought to us very quickly. Also checked out at in the morning but were able to load up the car and see some more of Savannah because we were able to leave car at the hotel until 2:30PM.

Room was comfortable. Didn't spend a lot of time there.

Didn't use the restaurant. Just coffee. Plus they did have the cold water and iced tea set up for the guests. Very nice touch.

3 Thank bevpbg
ErinGM, General Manager at Courtyard Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear bevpbg,

Thank you so much for visiting us during your recent stay in Savannah with your sister. We are thrilled you chose to stay with us and enjoyed your time while you were here.

Should you ever make it back to Savannah, we hope you'll come back and stay with us.

In the meantime, take care of yourself for us.

Erin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Ashburn, Virginia, USA
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I travel to Savannah on many occasions but this time with a larger group so I could not stay at my favorite hotels in Savannah. Unfortuantely, I was disappointed.

The good - the lobby was very inviting and I loved the staff. The staff were very inviting and pleasant. I love the mini stores to purchase those items you are missing or need during your visit at the desk. Always tea, water and coffee available before you go up to your room -- a nice touch. The attendant outside was even prepared with an umbrella when we drove up to get out of the car while it was raining. Ar really nice staff!

The bad - I believe I was told that I would get breakfast vouchers during my stay so I would not have to pay but did not realize there was a charge up front for breakfast. I got in early so I had to get a handicap room which was fine but the room was very stuffy and the air condition was a bit loud. It would have been nice to have had peanuts or other snacks at the bar even if I had to pay for them.

The ugly - There was a huge palmetto bug (roach) in my room when I arrived. I realize there are bugs everywhere but I was just a little taken back since it was huge. It could have been that the room was't used in awhile. When I returned to my room later after reporting it, I could tell someone had come up to get it and disinfected the bathroom. After my first night the bathroom light was out and I reported it twice. I saw the gentleman coming to fix it as I was leaving for the airport.

This hotel is in a great location for walking down to the Historic District and near a few good restaurants but I was just disappointed in my stay and hope there are some improvements.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank burrell528
Dear burrell528,

Thank you so much for posting your feedback on TripAdvisor. I appreciate you recognizing our staff for the service we provide. However, I'm disappointed to hear we did not meet or exceed your expectations from our guest room experience.

Should you ever find yourself in the Savannah area again, we hope you'll give us another chance. Please feel free to contact me directly.

Regards.

NorthCarolina
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Courtyard Marriott. The facilities were beautiful: lobby, bar, gym, room etc. The lobby had complementary iced tea and water for guests. The hotel is in a quiet location on the edge of historic Savannah within walking distance of all the action. We enjoyed the happy hour and sitting outside on the nice brick/wrought iron patio that is separate from the pool. Patio is well furnished and peaceful. Overall, we enjoyed our stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Our room faced the front of the building and was very quiet. There are rooms that face the pool tha...
1 Thank MFFNorthCarolina
Dear MFFNorthCarolina,

Thank you so much for visiting us during your last trip to Savannah. We're so happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us. We hope it won't be long before you come back again. We'll be here to welcome you with our southern hospitality.

In the meantime, take care of yourself for us.

Plantation, Florida
Reviewed 22 June 2014

My family and I just returned from a three night stay at this hotel as part of a softball ball team. I would be remiss if I did not comment on how wonderful our stay was due to the attentiveness of the staff: Charles at the front desk; Marcus the valet; "J" and Suzie in the restaurant were all amazing. They were all courteous and accommodating and truly made our stay memorable. The hotel is a short walk from all of Savannah's main attractions. The concierge was friendly and helpful as well. The five star service we received will make this our hotel of choice the next time we visit Savannah.

1 Thank Softballmom45
Dear Softballmom45,

Thank you so much for posting your review on TripAdvisor. We certainly appreciate the positve comments, though more importantly, I appreciate you recognizing my staff. Charles, Marcus, Jalathia and Susie will all receive personal recognition and a monetary reward for getting their names mentioned. We celebrate all of their efforts, especially when they were memorable enough to be remembered in a comment.

We can't wait to have you come back and visit us again.

Takoma Park, Maryland
Reviewed 19 June 2014

The best part of this hotel was its proximity to town. A little on the outskirts, but such a lovely walk. Room was nice, large with king bed. A little stuffy. The desk was not always helpful, a little formal and robotic in their responses. We did not eat breakfast here as it was expensive and a buffet. More than anyone should eat for breakfast if all you want is oatmeal. You have to pay for parking and it's valet. So expect that. But savannah is very walkable.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank smallino7416
Dear smallino7416,

Thank you for submitting your comments regarding your recent stay with us in Savannah. I have discussed your feedback regarding the front desk staff during our morning meeting. On behalf of my staff, I apologize you didn't feel the southern hospitality we strive to provide during each interaction. We will work harder at creating that experience.

We hope you'll give us another chance when you come back to beautiful Savannah.

Ohio
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We went for a extended weekend stay. Impressed with Savannah in general however the staff truly made this stay exceptional. The hotel is clean, beautiful and in a great location for visiting the Savannah Historic District.

Room Tip: Corner suite was large and views were lovely.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Savannahfan2014,

We're thrilled to hear you had a great time with us during your recent trip to our beautiful city. We work really hard to provide a great experience and I'm glad you appreciated our efforts.

Please come back and see us again soon!

Sarasota
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a GS pilgrimage. Had a large group of scouts and parents with me. Good location. Most everything within walking distance. Clean, moderately appointed and well kept on interior and exterior. But, I cannot saw enough nice things about the staff. They were welcoming, nice and super efficient! Everyone in our group was made happy and unbelievably pleased with every aspect of this hotel (and pleasing over 25 women/girls is no easy feat mind you!). Even the valets didn't shutter when asked to bring around our car for the "umpteenth" time because someone forgot to get something out of the backseat! Was even told by the staff that our GS were "wonderfully behaved" and they asked when we were coming back again! Highly recommend this hotel to families, GS pilgrimage troops and groups with children! Worth every single penny!!!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank ThankfulGSmom
ErinGM, General Manager at Courtyard Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear ThankfulGSmom,

On behalf of my entire staff, I thank you for all of your comments and taking the time to tell me directly of your positive experience. Savannah is THE place for our Girl Scouts and we at the Savannah Courtyard Historic District embrace the history and the experience for the girls.

We respect how much it takes for the girls to save their hard-earned money to make the trip here and we're thrilled we could help create happy memories for them all.

Please don't wait another year before you return. In the meantime, tell the troop we wish them a summer filled with happy times and happy memories.