“Returning guest”

Ranked #41 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Florida
“Returning guest”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here 4 years ago and returned after The Masters in Augusta. Very convenient for I95 on off and good valet parking. Was parked inside hotel this time and not in public garage across the street so it felt more secure. We were two couples and both had nice rooms with no issues. Would stay here again

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Golferboy18
ErinGM, General Manager at Courtyard Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Golferboy18,

We're thrilled you chose to stay with us while visiting The Masters. We strive every day to make a positive impact on our guests and I'm happy to hear we succeeded with you and your friends.

Please don't wait until next year to visit with us. In the meantime, take care of yourself for us.

Erin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The Courtyard Savannah Historic District is located a few blocks inland from the river, so it is a bit of a hike to get to some of the popular tourist sites. It is a moderately sized, well-maintained hotel designed to blend into historical Savannah (it has kind of a New Orleans). It has a private courtyard with pool and shaded seating area, inward-facing small balconies, a lovely lobby with working fireplace. The staff are welcoming and nice. The rooms are adequately-appointed and well-insulated against noise. My only complaint is related to the staff recommendation of the restaurant across the street: The Distillery. This was a terrible restaurant with slow service, limited food selection, and lack of atmosphere.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank cupecoy
Dear cupecoy,

Thank you so much for your great comments posted on TripAdvisor. We love that you loved it here.

We hope you'll visit us more often in the future. In the meantime, take care of yourself for us.

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

We decided to take a last minute trip to Savannah for the long 4th of July weekend. Most hotels directly in the historic district were booked, so we chose Courtyard based on the Trip Advisor ratings. It's a little bit of a walk to see the squares and to the river front. The hotel had a nice lobby area and staff were friendly and helpful. Our room was clean, but there were small things that needed attention. The shower head needed to be replaced, and shower curtain too large for the shower and wouldn't hang correctly. Also, the bed was a bit uncomfortable. We'll be coming back to Savannah again soon, but probably staying closer to the action in a nicer hotel.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank WkndTravelGal
Dear WkndTravelGal,

We appreciate you staying with us and are a bit disappointed to hear we did not meet your -- or our -- expectations. We can only continue to be great because of feedback like what you provided.

We hate to see you go anywhere else and would love it if you would give us another chance to make it right for you.

Be well.

Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The staff I encountered were all very friendly, courteous, professional, and helpful. My problem during my stay was with the room cleanliness. Whenever I check into a hotel, I check the bedding. I pulled the sheets back and the mattress pad had hairs all over it, not 1 or 2 stray hairs, but hairs all over and on both sides of the pad. I asked the front desk if I could get another room and was told that they were completely booked, but they would have someone change the bedding right away. The the young woman and man on staff at the front desk on duty that evening, were exceptional. They apologized, remedied the situation immediately, and comped my parking and breakfast for the inconvenience. Double thumbs up for both of them and sorry I don't remember their names. The next night when I got back to my room after having been out all day, I walked in to find that my room hadn't been cleaned. The bed was unmade, the trash hadn't been emptied, floor wasn't vacuumed, I was out of kleenex and the dirty towels were still in a pile on the bathroom floor. I was tired and just wanted to shower and go to bed since I was leaving early in the morning and had a long drive ahead of me. I didn't even bother to tell the front desk staff or ask for the room to be cleaned. I just asked for a couple of clean towels and a box tissue, which they quickly provided to me, and I went back to my room.

Everything else about the hotel was fine. Good location in the historic district. The public areas in the hotel are clean, well designed and well decorated. The breakfast buffet was good. And the complimentary coffee, tea, and water,in the lobby area is a nice touch.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank aiarmy11
Dear aiarmy11,

I'm so sorry to hear we disappointed you with our Housekeeping services. I have addressed your feedback with our Executive Housekeeper and the housekeeper that was assigned to your room. It is not okay to provide poor service and we take your comments very seriously.

I'm glad to hear our Front Desk team was able to offer you some compensation and apology. We don't like to be reactive though I'm glad that was satisfactory to you when we had to be.

We hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to Savannah.

Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My sister and I visited Savannah for three days and stayed at this hotel. The staff was so helpful and the location was the best. We were able to either walk to our destination or were picked up by one of the trolley shuttles and taken to the trolley company location.

Beautiful courtyard and pool area.

Took advantage of the valet parking. Didn't use our car but once to go to Tybee Island but it was brought to us very quickly. Also checked out at in the morning but were able to load up the car and see some more of Savannah because we were able to leave car at the hotel until 2:30PM.

Room was comfortable. Didn't spend a lot of time there.

Didn't use the restaurant. Just coffee. Plus they did have the cold water and iced tea set up for the guests. Very nice touch.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank bevpbg
ErinGM, General Manager at Courtyard Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear bevpbg,

Thank you so much for visiting us during your recent stay in Savannah with your sister. We are thrilled you chose to stay with us and enjoyed your time while you were here.

Should you ever make it back to Savannah, we hope you'll come back and stay with us.

Ashburn, Virginia, USA
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I travel to Savannah on many occasions but this time with a larger group so I could not stay at my favorite hotels in Savannah. Unfortuantely, I was disappointed.

The good - the lobby was very inviting and I loved the staff. The staff were very inviting and pleasant. I love the mini stores to purchase those items you are missing or need during your visit at the desk. Always tea, water and coffee available before you go up to your room -- a nice touch. The attendant outside was even prepared with an umbrella when we drove up to get out of the car while it was raining. Ar really nice staff!

The bad - I believe I was told that I would get breakfast vouchers during my stay so I would not have to pay but did not realize there was a charge up front for breakfast. I got in early so I had to get a handicap room which was fine but the room was very stuffy and the air condition was a bit loud. It would have been nice to have had peanuts or other snacks at the bar even if I had to pay for them.

The ugly - There was a huge palmetto bug (roach) in my room when I arrived. I realize there are bugs everywhere but I was just a little taken back since it was huge. It could have been that the room was't used in awhile. When I returned to my room later after reporting it, I could tell someone had come up to get it and disinfected the bathroom. After my first night the bathroom light was out and I reported it twice. I saw the gentleman coming to fix it as I was leaving for the airport.

This hotel is in a great location for walking down to the Historic District and near a few good restaurants but I was just disappointed in my stay and hope there are some improvements.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank burrell528
Dear burrell528,

Thank you so much for posting your feedback on TripAdvisor. I appreciate you recognizing our staff for the service we provide. However, I'm disappointed to hear we did not meet or exceed your expectations from our guest room experience.

Should you ever find yourself in the Savannah area again, we hope you'll give us another chance. Please feel free to contact me directly.

NorthCarolina
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Courtyard Marriott. The facilities were beautiful: lobby, bar, gym, room etc. The lobby had complementary iced tea and water for guests. The hotel is in a quiet location on the edge of historic Savannah within walking distance of all the action. We enjoyed the happy hour and sitting outside on the nice brick/wrought iron patio that is separate from the pool. Patio is well furnished and peaceful. Overall, we enjoyed our stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Our room faced the front of the building and was very quiet. There are rooms that face the pool tha...