I spent 6 nights here in a King Suite while participating at a conference at the convention center. This hotel was located just off the bridge and about a 5 min drive to the convention center. The price was very reasonable (particularly when compared to the price of the hotel next to the convention center) and I would consider it to be a good alternative if you are here for a conference.
1) The hotel is located on the far edge of the historic district. The area on the other side of the road (MLK Blvd) is sketchy. I saw several homeless people and was approached by a few. I would not recommend walking around the hotel after dark.
2) The hotel is about 1 1/2 miles from the restaurants and life of Savannah. You can walk to the restaurants and the river front...but due to comment #1 I chose to drive and find a parking spot (BTW...street parking is free after 5 pm).
3) The hotel is valet parking only. The cost is $15 per day (+ tip). I found the valets to be helpful and friendly but the process was slow. In the morning rush it took about 20 minutes to get my car. After the first day's delay, I called after I got out of the shower, so by the time I was downstairs my car was waiting. In the evening return, there was cars stacked up on the drop off lane, so you had to wait in order to pull in. A couple of times I needed to just run up to my room, the valet's allowed me to leave my car in the drive in lane so I could run upstairs.
4) I stayed in a King Suite. The room was HUGE and had a large living room with small refrigerator, counter top, sink and a large separate bedroom. My family came to visit during the stay. The pull out sofa can comfortably sleep 2 children. The hotel gave me a roll-away (regular size twin bed) and it fit comfortably beside the pull out (my 6 ft teenage son, said it was fine). The room could easily sleep 5 (my family) and you could fit 6 if someone was in a crib or on the floor.
5) The pool is SMALL and in the middle of a nice courtyard. I had a balcony overlooking the area and it was nice for my and husband to sit on it and watch the kids playing below.
6) Breakfast buffet is not included in the price, but kids eat free. There weren't a lot of choices - pretty much like the standard hotel "free breakfast". There was a waffle machine, bacon, scrambled eggs so my sons were happy.
7) The hotel staff were pleasant and responsive. I had a couple of problems with my room during my stay (living room AC stopped working, phone stopped working). The repairs were handled promptly and professionally.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Marriott, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Courtyard Savannah Downtown/Historic District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Savannah Historic District Hotel Savannah
- Courtyard Savannah Historic District
- Savannah Marriott
- Savannah Courtyard