“Great place for the new section of Savannah”

TownePlace Suites Savannah Midtown
Ranked #67 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 17 February 2012

I selected this hotel because it was close to the college and offered a 2 bedroom suite.I don't know how old the hotel is but it seems brand new. I stayed with other family members and found it to be very comfortable. The location is great and is near all kinds of restaurants and stores. It is also very easy to go to the river front. The best thing about this hotel is the service. I had a situation where I needed help and the staff far exceeded my expectations. I will definitely stay here again and highly recommend to others!!!

Room Tip: The two bedroom room is a very good way to allow a family to be together but still offer privacy.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Phranquelyn

Reviewed 20 January 2012

We needed to extend our stay in Savannah when my mother-in-law broke her hip on our first day of vacation. After our vacation rental was up, we wanted to find another place with a kitchen so we could cook during our extended stay. We ended up spending five nights here. It was a stressful time. However, I found TownePlace Suites to be homey, comfortable, clean, welcoming, and convenient. Our small studio was very comfortable and had a small but entirely functional full kitchen. It provided a feeling of normalcy to be able to cook, and we were even able to take food to the hospital to supplement the hospital fare. The bed was extremely comfortable. Wifi was free and worked great, a big plus given the arrangements and communications we needed to make. The windows opened for fresh air. The lobby breakfast was fairly minimal, but very convenient to be able to fall out of bed and grab a cereal and OJ. The on-site laundry was a huge plus, as we had not planned for such a long stay.

The location is off a busy highway full of malls and chain stores. Not picturesque and certainly not very walkable to anywhere, but it was a practical choice. Moreover, the hotel is set off from the highway and our room was very quiet. Also, amidst the sea of chain restaurants was a surprisingly good Asian fusion restaurant right next door, Tangerine. The hotel was reasonably close to Memorial Hospital, as well as convenient to shopping which we needed to do, and there was free parking. What surprised me in the end was how homey it felt. TownePlace has the look and feel of a small garden apartment building more than a hotel, which I liked. Jacqui at the front desk was very kind, helpful, and made us laugh. It was the kind of attention you would expect at a fancy bed and breakfast, not a suites hotel. It far exceeded our expectations. Thank you Marriott!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Elyn
Reviewed 15 November 2011

I stayed recently in this hotel close to Savannah Downtown. It is convenient place from which to tour. There are numerous malls in the vicinity and many chain-style restaurants. The staff is most helpful and pleasant. The room/suites are fine with plenty of TV's. The bathroom is a bit small with the sink and toilet facilities in a single room but separated by a door of additional convenience. The towels could have been more luxurious. I would prefer a more modern and larger approach. But I would stay here again and can recommend the place as described

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank SteveDelroy
Reviewed 7 November 2011

Stayed for a business trip. Everything was fine, but when I got my credit card statement it was a higher price then my receipt. Talked to the hotel and they said they "forgot" to add a tax until after I left. They would not credit me back. They do not seem to care that a business traveler has to turn in receipts to get their money back and if the receipt is different then the charge it creates a world of headaches. I will not stay with them again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank GregG24
Reviewed 28 October 2011

We checked into this hotel after staying one night in a Days Inn down the street that was just terrible. The guest services person was very helpful in helping find a rate that worked for us. We were looking for a hotel close to the hospital because we have someone in ICU there. This hotel is less than 1 mile from St. Joseph. We are still staying here as I am writing this review. This will be our third night at TownPlace Suites. The rooms are very clean. They also have a couch, chair, and full kitchen with big refrigerator, stove, microwave, dishwasher. We have had a great stay so far and I would recommend this hotel to anyone that needs a place to stay close to the hospital. The front desk clerk was very helpful to us and we are happy that we chose to stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: I would stay here again 100%
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank AmandaKaye79
tps_savta_gm, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Savannah Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2011

Amanda~ Thank you for such a fabulous review! I'm so happy that you enjoyed your stay under such stressful circumstances. I know how difficult it is when a loved one is in the hospital especially with the expense of overnight stays of friends and family. Working with the area hospitals is such a wonderful experience for the team and truly lifts their spirits to believe they helped in some small way. Thank you for giving our team the opportunity to serve you and your family. I hope your loved one recovered well and that you will visit us again in the future for fun.

Reviewed 20 October 2011

I have been staying there since the beginning of September. The General Manager Donna McHugh was kind enough to work on the price during my stay. Donna and her staff are extremely personable and knowledgeable about Savannah. I have visited numerous Extended Stay facilities around Savannah and Garden city and not one compared to TownePlace Suites.

If you are sick and tired of sleeping on a hard and uncomfortable mattress, frustrated with worrying about your safety, disgusted by the questionable smell that reeks through the whole building, you need to stay at TOWNEPLACE SUITES!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Demetrius G
Reviewed 11 September 2011

I was traveling alone and was staying for a minimum of four weeks at the TownePlace Suites. The manager worked with me on a decent price, which was great! However, I had asked some of the other workers if I could bring my pet to stay with me and they informed me multiple times that yes, I could bring my pet and pay the pet fee. Well it turns out that I was not supposed to pay the fee and I was not supposed to have my pet because of my low rate. The manager obviously does not inform her employees about things like this, because I paid the pet fee and was NOT refunded it when I was told I had to remove my dog from the room. It was all very confusing and stressful because I had to leave my new job and take my dog back home the next day... and now, I have lost $100 all because of a miscommunication.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank 230traveler
tps_savta_gm, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Savannah Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2011

I am so sorry that you feel this way. The reason we called you to return to the hotel was due to your pet barking and disturbing other guests. Had you been paying full rate your pet still would not have been able to stay due to the barking. Although we love pets they have to be used to staying alone and to hearing noises such as doors shutting etc. For some dogs it’s natural to bark and in a home setting may not be disturbing however hotel guests don’t have the patience to wait for the pet to calm down.

I really tried to work with you on the rate based on your circumstances. In order to get the rate where you needed I explained that you couldn’t bring a pet. Since you agreed I didn’t see the need to ask the staff to ensure you didn’t bring one. Our rates don’t change based on having a pet and the staff wasn’t aware of the agreement we had. We do charge a non-refundable pet fee that we use to offset the fees of having the room professionally cleaned. An outside vendor uses a truck mounted system to shampoo the drapes, carpet and furniture and put down a germicide so future guests that may have allergies won’t be affected. Although your pet couldn’t stay we will still need to have the room cleaned.

I appreciate your feedback and in the future will make sure the staff is aware of any special circumstances. We are enjoying having you stay with us and although it is sad that you had to take your pet home I hope you are enjoying the stay otherwise.

Donna McHugh