Upon arriving at this location, we realized that the road was a one-way, and our GPS was trying to get us there by going down the wrong way. We did arrive safely, and in a timely fashion. The choice to stay here was one that we decided not to stay in the downtown historic district, to get away from the hussle and bussle. Which worked out fairly well.
The staff of the hotel was very friendly, but not very informative on the restaurants around. We had been upgraded to a King Suite, and the room was very old feeling, and very small for a suite. The air conditioning unit took all night to get down in coldness (the bedroom area was always 4-5 degrees warmer than the living room area), and the room had a very low, closed-in feeling about it. The hallways were not air conditioned, at least that is what it felt like.
The room was clean though, and the bed was comfortable for a one-night stay. The hot breakfast the next morning was very good, so all in all this was an OK place to spend the night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Let us spoil you with fresh cookies and complimentary breakfast as well as high-speed Internet access and a team who will welcome you like family. We have 100% non-smoking interior corridors and 61 rooms and suites. At Country Inn and Suites by Carlson Savannah we'll always make you feel right at home. Visit us and see why we'll have you saying, "I love this Country." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Savannah Midtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn And Suites By Carlson, Savannah - Midtown
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Savannah - Midtown Hotel Savannah
- Savannah Country Inn