A few weekends ago few of my friends and I decided to head down to Savannah for the weekend. We are all college students so we had a budget but we also needed a safe place to stay. We came across this place when we were researching online and figured it was a good deal for the price. We had to get two rooms and requested adjoining rooms. The staff at the front desk was very nice and helpful in regards to information we needed for places to eat and things to do. We were looking for specific brochures for activities around the area and one of the agents was kind enough to find the information and give it to us.
We did get the adjoining rooms that we asked for and to my surprise the rooms were really clean. For the rate we were paying for that weekend I was surprised to have found such a clean hotel with such a friendly staff. The breakfast was complimentary and it was fitting for the price (bagels, danishes, cereal, fruit…). We also relaxed in the pool for a little while in the day time before we headed out to explore Savannah (only 20 minutes away). They also had a hot tub but we didn't use it since it was still a little warm and we had other plans.
The next morning before we checked out, we went to CRACKER BARREL for breakfast which was right right across the street.
The place for perfect for our budget and the service, amenities and cleanliness were remarkable! We had a great time in Savannah. It is a place worth visiting and I would highly recommend this hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort and Southern Charm Awaits, with Pool, Free Breakfast and Free Wi-FiYour next adventure to the Hostess City of the South starts when you book a room at our Travelodge Savannah!Conveniently located off Interstate 95, our newly renovated hotel places you close to exciting Southern attractions, delicious restaurants and historic fun. City Market, the Savannah Riverfront and Old Fort Jackson are all just moments from our Savannah hotel.Fill yourself up in the morning with our free Bear Bites continental breakfast, and plan your day online with free Wi-Fi Internet access. Stay active in our hotel gym and heated indoor swimming pool. Or sit back and relax in our hotel's hot tub. Feel free to use our on-site laundry and dry cleaning services to get everything as fresh as the day you arrived. Our pet-friendly hotel in Savannah aims to be the perfect launch pad for your adventure. Check in with our concierge to learn what's happening in our neck of the woods.LOCAL ATTRACTIONS Spend time in the exquisite shops and restaurants of City Market - just 15 minutes from our Savannah hotel. Stroll amongst galleries, horse-drawn carriages and outdoor cafes at the Savannah Riverfront. Have dinner and tour of the city on an unforgettable Savannah Riverboat Cruise. To learn about life during the Civil War era, visit Old Fort Jackson.DINING OPTIONS Enjoy famed southern flavor at Paula Deen's Lady and Sons restaurant. Order the char-grilled oysters at Uncle Bubba's or try authentic Cajun Kingfish at Huey's. A relaxing meal on the Savannah River at Tubby's Tank House is the perfect, relaxing end to an exciting day of sight-seeing. BUSINESS AND EVENT FACILITIESOur Savannah hotel offers a meeting space perfect for small conferences, presentations or interviews. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Travelodge Savannah Gateway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites Savannah-Gateway Hotel Savannah
- Country Inn And Suites Savannah-Gateway
- Country Inn Savannah Gateway
- Savannah Country Inn