“It is no Hilton”

Travelodge Savannah Gateway
Ranked #86 of 113 Hotels in Savannah

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Titusville, Florida
Reviewed 27 December 2013

This hotel was booked through Travelocity. When I arrived, the desk clerk informed me that they could not complete my reservation and that I needed to call Travelocity. After being on hold for over an hour, I was informed by Travelocity I needed to pay more money. Needless to say I was not a happy camper. I informed Travelocity I would be leaving the hotel and find another (considering I already booked and paid for the stay). The desk clerk negated Travelocity, completed the reservation and finally got to my room. The clerks handled this situation with dignity and respect to make sure that my stay met expectations.

The hotel and rooms were clean, comfortable and quiet. There were a bus full of High School athletes there for the weekend and you never would have known.

This hotel is an absolute winner!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank TheTripChick4
Angela C, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Savannah Gateway, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Dear TheTripChick4,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the issues you experienced during your recent stay. You are 100% correct, next time do not book on Expedia.com or Travelocity. By simply calling the hotel directly, you will get a price match guarantee, earn Wyndham Rewards Points, and have a flexible cancellation policy.
I have shared your comment with our staff and they join me in thanking you for your kind words after the issue and pleased we were still able to make your stay wonderful. Our team offers great customer service an they truly enjoy what they do.

We look forward to serving you again soon!

The Team at Travelodge, Savannah GA
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Family & I stayed there on the way through Georgia. Excellent deal. Could it be a bit cleaner? Yes. Could the pillows be a little fluffier? Yes. However, the staff are helpful, the lobby is welcoming, the FREE breakfast was better than expected. We all had a quiet nights rest. Excellent value.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Pammousekateer,

We appreciate knowing the tings that please you as well as those areas that need our attention. I will share your comments with the team and we will be working hard on making these changes happen to be that much better. We strive to please all of our guests and appreciate your comments and look forward to serving you again the next time you are in the area visiting.

Warm Regards,
The Management team at Travelodge, Savannah GA
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 18 December 2013

My wife and I stayed here on our way to Florida for the winter and the Hotel was really nice. The Front desk person was very helpful, and recommended a great local restaurant that I forgot the name of. The Rooms were really comfortable. I have stayed at previous Travelodge's but this one was one of the best.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Angela C, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Savannah Gateway, responded to this review, 21 December 2013
Dear Jeff O,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to review your most recent stay here with us. As we all love our guests, I'm pleased to hear our staff was helpful and made sure you had a great stay with us. While you were here with us I hope you were able to make it into downtown as well as the nice local restaurant.

Next time your in the area we hope to see you again.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 2 December 2013

A few weekends ago few of my friends and I decided to head down to Savannah for the weekend. We are all college students so we had a budget but we also needed a safe place to stay. We came across this place when we were researching online and figured it was a good deal for the price. We had to get two rooms and requested adjoining rooms. The staff at the front desk was very nice and helpful in regards to information we needed for places to eat and things to do. We were looking for specific brochures for activities around the area and one of the agents was kind enough to find the information and give it to us.

We did get the adjoining rooms that we asked for and to my surprise the rooms were really clean. For the rate we were paying for that weekend I was surprised to have found such a clean hotel with such a friendly staff. The breakfast was complimentary and it was fitting for the price (bagels, danishes, cereal, fruit…). We also relaxed in the pool for a little while in the day time before we headed out to explore Savannah (only 20 minutes away). They also had a hot tub but we didn't use it since it was still a little warm and we had other plans.

The next morning before we checked out, we went to CRACKER BARREL for breakfast which was right right across the street.

The place for perfect for our budget and the service, amenities and cleanliness were remarkable! We had a great time in Savannah. It is a place worth visiting and I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Angela C, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Savannah Gateway, responded to this review, 24 December 2013
Dear Molly E,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy college schedule to review your stay here with us. As we seek to be a great place for our guests to relax and enjoy the great downtown of Savannah for a great price. With a pool and breakfast for each of our guests as well as a suburb location to Savannah area including downtown, as well as great restaurants with in minutes of our location. Next time you plan an making a last minute trip to Savannah we hope to see you and your friends or family again soon!