“A Historic Charmer in Savannah”
Review of East Bay Inn

East Bay Inn
Ranked #11 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Ontario
“A Historic Charmer in Savannah”
Reviewed 13 December 2012

My girlfriends and I chose this hotel to celebrate a friends 40th birthday. We all loved the hotel. Service at the front desk was very friendly, loved the afternoon wine and snacks. The rooms were beautiful with historic charm and great decorative touches. Location was great, within minutes to everywhere you want to be. The only things that I thought in my opinion could approve are the bathrooms, they are very dated, as well as the breakfast. Coffee was very weak and there was not enough fresh food selection.

Room Tip: For the ghost lovers, apparently the third floor is haunted....
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed 12 December 2012

the Eastbay Inn is the finest and most comfortable establishment I have stayed in that I can remember!! My cousin and I had a two queen bed room which was large and beautifully furnished. The beds were the absolute most comfortable I have slept in. the entire staff was so friendly, helpful and courteous and went above and beyond to make us feel right at home. The complimentary breakfast and wine reception enhanced the total package and made our stay totally complete and absolutely superb in every way. The location was PERFECT for walking everywhere. I will certainly recommend the Eastbay Inn to all !!! Skylars restaurant downstairs was incredibly delicious and cozy!!! Service was fantastic!!!

Room Tip: I chose the two Queen bed room for my cousin and me, it was very spacious, large bathroom and extrem...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Newport, NC
Reviewed 11 December 2012

Since we rented an apartment for our week stay, but wanted to go into town a day early-we chose this old inn so we could see the Savannah River district Christmas parade. Our corner room was absolutely beautiful, and huge. Comfy bed, soaring high ceilings, outer brick walls, opulent bed and window coverings. The lady at the desk was a delight, even put down the phone to walk out front and show us where to drive for parking. There was a lovely evening wine reception with cheeses and light fare, plus a good red and white wine. We were able to walk directly out the door to see the parade with the crowd, then over to River Street later. Very convenient, quiet, and a real treat.

Room Tip: superior queen rooms are quite large, with comfortable seating and bedding
New York City, New York
Reviewed 9 December 2012

We stayed at the East Bay Inn during November, and our stay was great. The staff is exceptional- especially Julie who answered all our questions, gave us a bit of history, and helped us make all our reservations while in town. The rooms were beautiful, and we loved the location. We were situated near all the town's highlights. The breakfast was pretty simple, and could use a little help, but otherwise, the East Bay Inn was amazing and I'd recommend staying there to anyone who visits Savannah.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Hertford, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 December 2012

This was our first stay in Savannah and I can tell you we are coming back. We stayed at the East Bay Inn and this is a winner. This is a boutique historic hotel with lots of charm and Charlie the ghost visits sometime. We parked our car at the hotel and did not move it until we left because the hotel is located within walking distance of the attractions and restaurants. In fact, tripadvisor said I had 182 restaurants to chose from with in 1 mile. We did not eat at everyone but every place we chose was very good to excellent. Food selection should not be a problem.

The people at the Inn are very helpful and will will help you with tours and will book them for you. Don’t miss the 5:30 to 7:00 wine and cheese event in the Inn. It is a great opportunity to talk with the other guest and fine out what they visited during the day, which could be your next day events.

I will definitely stay at this Inn on my return trip to Savannah and would recommend you should also stay at Inn.

Room Tip: We chose a room off of Bay Street. Bay Street is a busy street and rooms facing this street could h...
portland or
Reviewed 6 December 2012

We just got home after staying a week at the East Bay Inn. It was delightful. Beautifully decorated for the holidays and such a comfortable place to be. The staff was exceptional...very helpful and informative regarding their city and what it has to offer. Great location, lovely rooms and comfortable beds. We were so glad that we chose the East Bay Inn.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 2nd floor...not on the street side and it was perfectly quiet and peaceful.
1 Thank heatherPortlandOr
Waterford Ct
Reviewed 4 December 2012

We went to visit my Daughter after Thanksgiving, for three days. Found the Inn on a travel site. Our room was a cozy Queen, with 10' ceilings exposed handmade bricks, there was fingerprints in one of them, I put my fingers and felt a connection with a long deceased brick maker. A wine reception in the evening gave us a chance to meet the other guests. The beds turned down with mints on the pillows, we had a small cooler, when I went to get more ice our second day the bucket was filled. There is a journal in the room for guests to write in.
Savannah is a walking city with parks everywhere; a nice stay will be back.

Room Tip: One reviewer mentioned rooms on streetside being noisy if you are a light sleeper (I'm not)
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family