“The Real Savannah Georgia”
Review of East Bay Inn

Ranked #10 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“The Real Savannah Georgia”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

For my 4th trip to Savannah, we chose The East Bay Inn; not only is it situated in the heart of history, it is beautiful.

After checking-in, the friendly staff showed us to our room and ensured that we are well settled before leaving.

During our stay, I realised that a group of attentive staff were merely a step away. The rooms are always clean, beautiful, and well attended to.

Around the hotel premise, one can find a City Market, river street, Parks, Waterfront, Shopping, Dining, anything you could possibly want.

For our next visit, we will love to visit our family at the East Bay Inn, and Mr. Jones, the manager there, excellent location, I only hope we can get back there soon, and they are not fully booked!

Room Tip: The top floor rooms are the best in the Hotel.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 12 August 2014

This is the best hotel in the savannah area Thanks for a wonderful experience. We were very sad to go. I will definitely be back. We were just a short walk from anywhere downtown you would want to be. This place really gives you the old savannah spirit.

• Stayed August 2014
ft laud , Fl
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Having traveled all over the World we understand that we are not buying the establishments we visit , but we do consider them to be like family and certainly hope for cleanliness and location as guests who visit our home expect. Like most folks , we always utilize Trip Advisor to review properties to stay at . Here is a summary : Yes , its a great location in Downtown Savannah. Yes, its a very old Hotel. Yes, the rooms are quite unusual ( like visiting Grandmas home ) . Yes , the staff , especially Sheila + Will perform as though they were the owners. Yes the breakfast in the basement restaurant meets most everyone's satisfaction. Yes, the Cocktail hour is a nice touch. Yes , the free local newspaper, and coffee all day is a welcome gesture. Were there any Cons?
We did not see any Chocolates or turn down on first night as advertised. We were charged $ 12 for two nights to park a block away in a seven story garage that clearly advertised $ 5 per night . We were there for a wedding and upon returning to our room on the 2nd night we were not amused to find soiled women's underwear on a blog book by the bed. All this suggests is that the beds were not cleaned properly on day one and we probably slept with those undies under our covers . Most certainly a HUGE turnoff . Its not like this is Motel 6 . We were charged almost $ 300 for 2 nights . If we did come back we would turn down the covers so that this never happens again.

Room Tip: It appeared to be a very quiet hotel.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
InnkeeperEastBayInn, Manager at East Bay Inn, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Guest,

I appreciate you taking time to complete this Trip Advisor Review and I am sincerely sorry to hear that we failed in providing you an exceptional experience. While we earnestly strive to meet every expectation, we have, unfortunately, fallen short of our goal during your visit.
As Innkeeper of the East Bay Inn, I assure you that I take all guest feedback very seriously and I have concluded that we failed to provide you with an exceptional experience. I do apologize.
Thank you for taken the time to speak with me about your stay this morning. I sincerely hope you are confident we will aggressively address each item listed in your review.
I appreciate you being willing to stay with us again so that we may have the opportunity to show we have correct our mistakes and provide you with an unmatched Savannah experience.
Again, please accept our apology, and know that we are committed to providing an excellent experience for you during your next stay with us. Best Regards, Ronnie Jones Innkeeper East Bay Inn

Best Regards,

Ronnie Jones
Innkeeper
New York
Reviewed 9 August 2014

This hotel building dates back to the 1800s and has that spooky old feel to it that lots of Savannah has with all the moss hanging on the huge oak trees. You're right across the street from River Street (a popular tourist spot though probably my least favorite part of the city). And the breakfast buffet was very good (delicious biscuits!). The waitress even let us pack the meal because our baby was still sleeping.

But I wish had taken some photos of the bathroom. While the bedroom is comparable to a 3-star hotel, the bathrooms are more like a 2- or 1-star. The lighting was dim and gloomy; the ceiling had chipped paint; the glaze on two wall tiles had worn off; and the inner shower curtain was a heavy opaque plastic that blocked out what little light there was.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We had a single night stay at the East Bay Inn. The staff were friendly and helpful. We had 2 rooms - both with impressive decor as indeed had the lobby and hallways.The rooms were spotless and the beds were very comfortable. The breakfast area has some tacky lighting that does not fit with the rest of the ambience but we would really recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We have additional photos of the well furnished hall ways and rooms but these have members of our fa...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Pamela4321
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 3 August 2014

The hotel is adorable and the room we stayed in was beautiful! Staff was super friendly. I must agree, the room could have been more cleaner. There was a good bit of dust on the floor and I noticed that our bathroom was still a little dirty. One huge Con was the sheets, there was something about them that were just uncomfortable. The texture was not very pleasant and it somewhat felt like they were still wet on top of it. I ended up sleeping on the couch in the room. It was part due to the sheets and I had issues with my bad (not due to the bed itself). Pro - wonderful staff, turn down service, and they even had placed ice in our room. We enjoyed the cheese and wine session. We wished there was a bar in the evening for a cocktail later on. The restaurant was not open on Sunday for dinner which we were looking forward too. Over all we would love to come back and stay, but only if the linen was different.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kimberly C
InnkeeperEastBayInn, Manager at East Bay Inn, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Guest,
I appreciate you taking time to complete the trip advisor survey and I am sincerely sorry to hear that we failed in providing you an exceptional experience. While we earnestly strive to meet every expectation, we have, unfortunately, fallen short of our goal during your visit.
It is my sincere hope that you will give us an occasion to serve you again in the future, so that we may have an opportunity to correct our mistakes and provide you with an unmatched Savannah experience.
Ronnie Jones, Innkeeper
Montana
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

I wish I had read the reviews here before I booked this for my first trip to Savannah. The room was lovely but this place needs serious cleaning. Others noted mold on the shower curtains and dust in the room and we had both of those and a seriously dirty toliet lid and nearly broken toilet seat. Even the Kleenex tissue holder was cracked and broken. The safe didn't work either, needing a new battery, but that wasn't done even though we reported it on arrival. We stayed two nights. No turn down service the second night. The staff was very nice and the breakfast was fine. The location is very good although the street noise did bother me. I loved the bed and the bed linens were excellent but the rest of the furniture looks shabby. I will not come back.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank gfdeb
Dear Guest,
While we earnestly strive to meet every expectation, we have, unfortunately, fallen short of our goal during your visit. As Innkeeper of the East Bay Inn, I assure you that I take all guest feedback very seriously and I will review your concerns and address each with our staff.
Ronnie Jones, Innkeeper