“A Better Experience than We had Expected!”

Extended Stay America - Savannah - Midtown
Ranked #91 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 10 August 2012

We were buying a house, but had to leave our rental before our sale was final. We needed a place to stay with enough room for myself, my husband, and our 12 year old daughter. My husband is in a wheel chair so space was an issue. We also did not want to have to eat out every night. Extended Stay America gave us a full sized refrigerator and a stove that we could cook in our room.

Dexttre Mincey's staff was wonderful and took care of our every need! In addition, our daughter has autism spectrum and the staff was so great with her she was completely comfortable through out our entire stay. This was important to us and made quite an impression on us.

Previous to our move, we had visited several other affordable hotels in downtown Savannah, and were horrified and beginning to worry that we would be stuck in a dirty and unsafe place for the duration of our house purchase. Then we visited Extended Stay America and were greatly relieved!

It has to be understood that, being an extended stay place, that many construction crews working in Savannah from out of town or state need to stay there. Personally, I found them to be very friendly and befriended many of them during our stay there.

When all was said and done, we ended up having to stay at this facility for a total of 79 days and we did not have one bad day the entire time!

Thank you to Dextter, Pam, Kim, and all the staff who's names escape us -- our apologies. You were all great!

The Balmer Family

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
ESH-RDO, Owner at Extended Stay America - Savannah - Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2012

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Your thoughts and opinions definitely help us here at Extendedstay America Savannah to better serve the guest. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed 6 July 2012

I made reservations to stay in this hotel on June 19-22. Our family stays at value hotels (Super 8, Comfort Inn, Days Inn, etc.) while on vacation & do not consider ourselves picky! We have stayed at an Extended Stay in St. Louis, MO which was great but this place is not!! When I first walked into the hotel, there were about a dozen construction workers sitting outside enjoying a cold beer. I noticed several windows open and realized why the men were sitting outside - it was not as hot sitting outside as it was inside the hotel. I proceeded to our room with our daughter to check it out. When we arrived, the room was hot, carpet ripped, trash laying on the floor and bed, and the bedspread partially pulled back. The room was a non-smoking room but I know they were trying to cover the smell with air fresheners. The air freshener smell was so thick you could taste it in your mouth! There was no way we were going to stay in this hotel with 2 small kids. It felt incredibly dirty in this hotel! The hotel clerk was really nice & gave me a full refund. I'm really puzzled about the good reviews! I chose to book with this hotel because there were a few good reviews & thought the other bad reviews were posted by picky people. Our family is from the midwest and grew up on farms - not afraid of getting dirty but this place is really disgusting! Don't stay here - trust me!! The location is nice but there are so many more places to stay!!! Enjoy beautiful Savannah, don't ruin your vacation by staying here!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Monica L
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Savannah - Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2012

Hi Monica,

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

Please understand that we maintain strict quality control standards, which demand that every room is inspected prior to making it available to our guests. Clearly there was a failure in our system during your stay. In response to your comments, I’ve personally met with all of our staff and used your review to demonstrate in which specific areas we can improve.

Let me assure you that your experience is certainly not typical, and that we have put in place measures to ensure that the type of stay you had won't be repeated. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don't hesitate to contact us by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area.

Reviewed 28 June 2012

We stayed at this hotel on June 11, ONE NIGHT ONLY!! Because it was pure nasty!! We checked in went up to our rooms after being a the hospital all day with a family member, very tired, to find urine/body fluid stained sheets and comforters, floor was so nasty we could not take our shoes off, dirty toilet, tub had hair all in it. I went back down to desk to ask for another room only to find, that no clerk at desk at night time, really!!!!! I contacted the main hotel office on 06/12/2012, sent pictures of the awful mess, do you think they have bothered to respond to me, NO!! offered a refund?? NO. NEVER STAY HERE!!!! GROSS!!! They really need to get a new cleaning crew!

Room Tip: NOT AT THIS LOCATION, unless you like sleeping in urine/body fluids, or nasty rooms
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Jody W

Hi Jody,

We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why we strive so hard to accommodate them with clean, comfortable rooms at an exceptional price. Clearly there was a regrettable error, of which I have made all of our staff aware, during your stay.

We would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I can assure you that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm)' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.

Reviewed 25 June 2012

We recently returned from our trip from Savannah staying at the Extended Stay America on Abercorn. This is an awesome place to stay - the staff go above and beyond to make you feel at home away from home. They are very friendly, courteous and go above and beyond to make your stay the best. The rooms are spacious, big bathrooms, full kitchens and very very clean. It is very quiet at night time and the location is excellent. You are only about a 5 minute drive to Riverstreet/Market Square, 18 miles to Tybee Island and loads of shopping/eating all along Abercorn. You can not beat the price of this hotel for all the accomodations you get. I would definitely recommend this place!!!!

Room Tip: We always like to stay on the third floor facing Abercorn. I have stayed on the 2nd & 1st floor...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Hi Wanda,

Thank you so very much for your review of Extended Stay America Savannah - Midtown. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for your very kind words.

Reviewed 1 June 2012

My husband, my 8 year old son, and I stayed at this hotel during a weekend trip to Savannah and Tybee Island. We booked thru bid process with priceline so we didn't know what we were getting. The hotel is in so-so part of town. The property does not have a swimming pool which was disappointing.

The hotel room was clean and spacious. There was a full size fridge, stovetop, microwave, and coffee maker. There was not daily maid service unless you stay for 4 or 5 days. The bed was very spacious. The hotel itself was quiet and we slept well.

The hotel is not very close to the downtown/riverwalk area. It was pretty close to shopping areas, restaurants, and the Interstate. Another small issue was the outdated tv. We tried to hook up over video game system but the tv did not even have a/v input jacks.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Shaloesq

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish a nice review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Savannah - Midtown. It's always satisfying to read constructive feedback from our valued guests, like you. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.

Reviewed 28 November 2011

Don't expect luxury, but this hotel was in a convenient location near restaurants and shopping and was a much cheaper alternative to staying downtown in the historic district. Good, safe location, and within 5 minutes we were able to drive downtown. The bed was not plush, rather hard, and the tv screen was tiny. But for the price, two nights of hotel was cheaper than our one really nice dinner in historic downtown. I'd stay here again for the value. Front desk staff was extremely congenial. Parking was plentiful and well-lit. As for the room quality...well, just pretend you're in a 3-star European hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank VisitMauii
Reviewed 23 October 2011

The hotel is very standard, with a large, comfortable room and a small kitchen. The price is reasonable and I had a very good sleep. No complaints at all.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo