“Gonna get better and better”

Extended Stay America - Savannah - Midtown
Ranked #94 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Washington, North Carolina, United States
“Gonna get better and better”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Although we were a bit taken aback by the age of the kitchenette and furniture and the fact that there were very minimal cooking utensils provided, we came to appreciate the efficiency we rented over St. Patrick's weekend in Savannah.

One can see that renovations have occured and I imagine that the furniture/ kitchen appliances will be upgraded over time. The fridge is a larger dorm size type; with a cooler as back up, it was fine. I was pleasantly surprised at how well it worked as it is an older model.
The queen bed was comfortable and the hotel was very quiet. We were on the first floor, but did not have any trouble with outside noise -highway or negihbors.

Although it takes about 20 minutes to get to downtown Savannah, the price cannot be beat. We paid less than $350 for a 4 night stay on a popular tourist weekend; downtown hotels charged $200/ night.

Our hosts were very welcoming. Peter, at the front desk checked with us after we had to change rooms due to possible smoking in the first, He and the room cleaning staff were very accomodating; we could tell they were trying to provide good service.

Before staying here, read the policies carefully as they are a bit different at Extended Stays as far as payment and room service go.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chris D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I was nervous about staying here due to some of the negative reviews, but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend staying here. They completed renovations of all rooms in January 2014, and all rooms are non-smoking. The room was clean and I did not have any problems with noise or cooking smells from neighbors. My only complaint would be that the breakfast selection is not very big.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ekb123
Illinois City, Illinois
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Nothing fancy... just what I needed. disadvantages to having a stove in the room is the neighbors cooking some oily stir fry... could have been worse---like liver and onions!
Room is spacious, very quiet and clean. Plenty of room to cook if you needed to.
Desk clerks friendly and helpful. At a convenient location to the University for a ballgame. Plenty of restaurants, malls, and shops very close by. The airport not too far away either. Light take away breakfast served.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank sleepy99
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I was originally disappointed with this hotel, as I specifically requested a room with two beds. I was told this room type would be available for me at check-in, but it was not. As a result, the third person traveling in my group went home as she didn't have a bed (roll away beds are not offered here). I was also not allowed to check in a moment before 3pm.
The room itself, however, was great. Beautiful, spacious, clean and accommodating. Plenty of desk & storage space. The curtains were black-out curtains and kept the sun at bay well into the daylight hours, which was perfect for our schedule. Front desk staff was friendly and knew me by name each time we interacted. Safe and quiet. I loved this hotel and will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Triple check your room choice prior to travel!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Allison K
Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

Even though this motel is relatively close to downtown, stay somewhere else! We booked a 2 double bed NS room and the room was given away before we checked in. Instead, we (4 ladies in town for the marathon) were put in a SMOKING king bed room with sofa sleeper. The beds were uncomfortable, the room stinky, and the street noise loud! There was no breakfast available. I should have known better when I saw the signs for the bail bonds and pawn shop close by.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Savannah hotels

Stella, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 September 2013

The staff at this location are flat out AWESOME. The hotel and my room were very clean and with no issues. Housekeeping kept my room very clean. This location has great parking all the way around the building with parking areas safe at night.

Room Tip: All rooms are top notch.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I only gave a 4 instead of 5, because there was a significant tear in my room's carpet. Otherwise, everything was clean, in good shape, and new looking.

I really appreciate that this place is pet friendly, but I think that they should eliminate or reduce the pet fee.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends