“Good value, would stay again” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Savannah - Midtown

Extended Stay America - Savannah - Midtown
Ranked #86 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Smyrna, Georgia
“Good value, would stay again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

Front desk staff was very helpful, good value for your money. Rooms were simple and clean. Fridge was normal size, which I love, because we could actually fit left overs and a gallon of milk in there at the same time. We came down to go to Tybee during the day and Savannah at night. Kinda a drive to Tybee, but totally worth it to save the money. They don't have housekeeping come around to the rooms every day, but I don't like this anyways, I would rather make my own bed. Exchanging towels at the front desk was easy. Breakfast was simple, muffins, oatmeal, and granola bars with coffee. Overall I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Washington, North Carolina, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

Although we were a bit taken aback by the age of the kitchenette and furniture and the fact that there were very minimal cooking utensils provided, we came to appreciate the efficiency we rented over St. Patrick's weekend in Savannah.

One can see that renovations have occured and I imagine that the furniture/ kitchen appliances will be upgraded over time. The fridge is a larger dorm size type; with a cooler as back up, it was fine. I was pleasantly surprised at how well it worked as it is an older model.
The queen bed was comfortable and the hotel was very quiet. We were on the first floor, but did not have any trouble with outside noise -highway or negihbors.

Although it takes about 20 minutes to get to downtown Savannah, the price cannot be beat. We paid less than $350 for a 4 night stay on a popular tourist weekend; downtown hotels charged $200/ night.

Our hosts were very welcoming. Peter, at the front desk checked with us after we had to change rooms due to possible smoking in the first, He and the room cleaning staff were very accomodating; we could tell they were trying to provide good service.

Before staying here, read the policies carefully as they are a bit different at Extended Stays as far as payment and room service go.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chris D
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

I was nervous about staying here due to some of the negative reviews, but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend staying here. They completed renovations of all rooms in January 2014, and all rooms are non-smoking. The room was clean and I did not have any problems with noise or cooking smells from neighbors. My only complaint would be that the breakfast selection is not very big.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ekb123
Illinois City, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

Nothing fancy... just what I needed. disadvantages to having a stove in the room is the neighbors cooking some oily stir fry... could have been worse---like liver and onions!
Room is spacious, very quiet and clean. Plenty of room to cook if you needed to.
Desk clerks friendly and helpful. At a convenient location to the University for a ballgame. Plenty of restaurants, malls, and shops very close by. The airport not too far away either. Light take away breakfast served.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank sleepy99
Augusta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

I was originally disappointed with this hotel, as I specifically requested a room with two beds. I was told this room type would be available for me at check-in, but it was not. As a result, the third person traveling in my group went home as she didn't have a bed (roll away beds are not offered here). I was also not allowed to check in a moment before 3pm.
The room itself, however, was great. Beautiful, spacious, clean and accommodating. Plenty of desk & storage space. The curtains were black-out curtains and kept the sun at bay well into the daylight hours, which was perfect for our schedule. Front desk staff was friendly and knew me by name each time we interacted. Safe and quiet. I loved this hotel and will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Triple check your room choice prior to travel!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Allison K
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

Even though this motel is relatively close to downtown, stay somewhere else! We booked a 2 double bed NS room and the room was given away before we checked in. Instead, we (4 ladies in town for the marathon) were put in a SMOKING king bed room with sofa sleeper. The beds were uncomfortable, the room stinky, and the street noise loud! There was no breakfast available. I should have known better when I saw the signs for the bail bonds and pawn shop close by.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Savannah hotels

Stella, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

The staff at this location are flat out AWESOME. The hotel and my room were very clean and with no issues. Housekeeping kept my room very clean. This location has great parking all the way around the building with parking areas safe at night.

Room Tip: All rooms are top notch.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business