“wonderful stay”

Comfort Inn Midtown
Ranked #44 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I was debating whether to stay closer to downtown Savannah, but am so glad we chose Oglethorpe Inn. The hotel was super clean and quaint. Service was wonderful. They were even accomodating after we had checked out of the room. Breakfast was excellent as well. I was pleasantly surprised with how spacious and comfortable the rooms were. The double suite had 2 double beds and a separate living area with couches, microwave, fridge and desk.
Location was very accessible to historic Savannah...we drove to the visitor's center (15 minutes away) and booked a trolley tour, then moved our car to the tour company's FREE parking lot. An easy 15 minute drive was well worth spending half or 1/3 as much as we would have staying downtown. I will definitely be staying here again!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Mel C

Reviewed 6 September 2013

We stayed here 2 nights while touring the area.The room had a sitting area next to the beds so we had plenty of room. The front desk personnel were very friendly. Breakfast was good, has one of those waffle makers I like when on vacation.You access your room from inside so that is a nice security feature. Several computers around if you need to look up information.Yes, we had to drive to downtown but those hotels charge extra for parking as far as I could find.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank gsbythesea
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We loved the huge trees in the front, and the open atrium in the middle is so unique. The room was quite comfortable, the staff friendly, and everything clean. The breakfast was also quite nice.
It was easily accessible to the historic downtown and the lady at the front desk gave us an excellent recommendation for a seafood restaurant. We stayed 2 nights and enjoyed ourselves very much. I highly recommend this place if you are thinking of visiting Savannah.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Kathy S
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed here twice in one month and loved it both times. The hotel is beautiful and has a nice homey feel. Super clean, nice people with great customer service. The suites are large with a comfy bed and nice furniture. I will stay here again

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank CarolynCanton_Ga_
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I was a little disappointed that it was as far away as it was. Hotel and room was nice, breakfast was adequate. We could hear the neighbors every time they turned on the water or flushed the toilet. We had a giant bug in our bathroom. (Yes, I live in Florida and I am very familiar with these giant bugs, but it was on the wall and I couldn't get to it. I couldn't find any directions to call front desk, so I had to get dressed and go down to the front desk. I asked if she had a broom or anything and she handed me a broom over the counter. Not the best service. I took my granddaughter for a quick visit to Savannah, and it was not as nice as I thought it would be.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank travelbell
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I can't say enough about this hotel. From the moment we checked in until the moment we left, the staff was very friendly and helpful. Stephanie was at he counter when we checked in. She was very efficient, friendly and polite. As soon as we walked into our room, the phone rang and it was Stephanie calling to see if everything was ok in our room. We told her that the bathroom light was out and she immediately moved us to another room and again called to check on our room. The room was very comfortable and the bed and pillows were comfortable. The hotel has a beautiful atrium in the lobby where they have a nice breakfast. My only regret was that we stayed only one night since we were stopping on our way back to Florida from Tennessee. The next time we travel to Savannahwe will definitely stay at this hotel.

Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Andrea M
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night on the way to Myrtle Beach. The lady that checked us in was wonderful, even telling us if that if we needed any help while we were in Savannah, we could just call the hotel and they would help us! The room was a king suite. Very nicely set up. You could swivel the flat screen tv so that you could watch it in bed or from the couch in the sitting area. Nice bar area with a frig and microwave. Room was clean, so was the bathroom and the bed was comfortable.
The breakfast was very good for a free one. You sit and eat in the atrium at the center of the inn. I still can't believe we got this nice a room for only $62 on booking.com. It is about a 15 min drive to historic Savannah, but worth it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple