“a very pleasant midtrip stop”

Comfort Inn Midtown
Ranked #42 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Palm Shores, Florida
“a very pleasant midtrip stop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

My wife and I were looking for a clean and comfortable place to rest before continuing on our trip and we were pleasantly surprised by the hotel. The exterior was nice and the atrium inside is open and filled with comforting touches; books and coffee/tea on the first floor with computers and printers on each floor with their own sitting areas. The lady that checked us in was "genuinely" friendly and helpful. Though the property is older, it is well mainained, our room was clean and the linens exceeded our expectations. By the way...this is an exceptional value.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Thomas K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Belleville, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

We just spent three night here and loved it. We've been coming to Savannah for many years and didn't know about Oglethorpe Inn. I saw it on T A and made reservations. The room was so nice and after a day of walking in the H D, it was nice to have the sitting room. The beds were comfy and the shower was good. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. Looks like we've found a home away from home. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sher C
Lehigh Acres, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

During a recent stay, work related, it was my first time here. The hotel was very charming and nice large rooms. I travel all the time for work and have never felt compelled to write a review, but this location has a VERY exceptional employee....Kelly! She went above and beyond to assure our stay was comfortable and also gave us information on how we could get where we wanted to go on our short time off from work. Wish I lived closer so I could return here!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Sue H
Atlanta
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

The hotel was "ok". It was a busy weekend and we took the best of what was left. The hotel is a bit out dated but decent. Free breakfast and wi-fi. The lotions and shampoo's had been used and were half full but placed back in the basket. So I guess they assume we are suppose to share with the person who was there before us. We paid and stayed in the "suite" so I figured they could at least provide new containers of shampoo and lotions. Again, the rooms were fine, just out dated. Wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
graSavannah, General Manager at Comfort Inn Midtown, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
I appreciate you completing a On-Line survey concerning your recent stay. I am sincerely sorry to hear that we failed in providing you an exceptional experience. While we earnestly strive to meet every expectation, we have, unfortunately, fallen short of our goal during your visit.

As General Manager of Oglethorpe Inn & Suites, I assure you that I take all guest feedback very seriously.

Please be assured that I reviewed your concerns about the lack of supplies in your room.

We are now in the planning stages of a complete bath renovation for next year.
It is my sincere hope that you will give us an occasion to serve you again in the future, so that we may have an opportunity to correct our mistakes and provide you with an unmatched Savannah experience.

Again, please accept our apology, and know that we are committed to providing an excellent experience for you during your next stay with us.

Best Regards,

Glenn Anderson
Oglethorpe Inn & Suites
Augusta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

We stayed here for SSU Homecoming and it was perfect. The housekeeping staff was friendly as always and Stephanie at the front desk was very pleasant. I do wish that they would do some mild renovations to there rooms, they are still comfortable, just needs a little renovation.....I'm still very satisfied though.

Room Tip: Ask for the 3rd floor in a corner if you are allergic to noise.....At night the hotel is quiet, but...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank S_DEngland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

The staff and management of this hotel is so friendly and helpful with any questions or requests we had. The lobby was my favorite feature of the hotel, so inviting for our group to sit and read or visit in a lovely southern mansion setting. Rooms large, well appointed and spotless. Thanks to all of you who made our stay to your fabulous city even more fun!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank LivesToCook
Tallahassee, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

We were here five days during a Road Scholar tour. What should be an excellent hotel was degraded by poor staff efforts.

First, the good news. This is an excellent facility. The rooms are large and well equipped. The common areas are attractive and accommodating. There is even a nice guest laundry.

The bad news: the staff wasn't really trying. When we first checked in we found that the headboard, which was nailed to the wall had been pulled away on one side. We immediately reported this, but it took two days and an additional complaint to get this resolved.

On two days the breakfast buffet was out of boiled eggs and on three days it was out of Equal. There is a Kroger across the street. How much effort would it have taken to take care of this?

The staff was about half cheerful and helpful and half cheerless and unhelpful. The housekeeper seemed to do the absolute minimum. It was nice to find actual coffee cups in the room rather than paper ones, but there were never cleaned or even emptied. On a couple of days the coffee we used was not replaced.

If the management could motivate its staff to do a better job this would be a first class hotel. As it is, they miss that mark by a lot.

If you are only staying one day, you might not care about the issues we encountered, but for a longer stay I'm afraid you will be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Larry H
I want to thank our guests for sharing their comments with us. Our goal is 100% satisfaction and we strive to make every stay enjoyable in EVERY aspect. I am sorry that we missed the mark this time. We will work harder to ensure that the issues you experienced do not occur again and know that we take full responsibility for any missteps!!

Please be assured that I review all comment surveys and this provides us the opportunity to improve our product and overall guest satisfaction. We are in process of ongoing training procedures with all Guest Services and Housekeepers.

It is my sincere hope that you will give us an occasion to serve you again in the future, so that we may have an opportunity to correct our mistake and provide you with an unmatched Savannah experience