My wife and I were so excited to go on vacation to Savannah. This was our first time to the city. We had plans to do the old Savannah tour, eat at lady and sons, uncle bubbas, and just enjoy downtown. We had no problems doing these things, they were awesome! Our problems started at hotel in first five minutes we arrived. When we got there at approximately 3 or 4 in the afternoon we approached the desk the clerk was in back on her cell with one earphone in and one out. She finally recognized us after a couple minutes. She came up checked us in In about 3 minutes she told us of breakfast hours nothing else. I had to call later and walk up to front for more info about WiFi password and such. We got into room, exhausted after a 6 hour drive. My wife inspected room because we always do because I am 35 and have cancer and going through chemo, so I have to be careful with germs. Anyway she immediately found hairs on bed and in bathroom and huge stain on bedspread. We called front they came in and changed bedspread without issue which was great. Then we realized we forgot our lysol , so we called asked for some and the clerk was a little snippy and said she would have a supervisor call us. We explained to her I was sick and we were just taking precautions. Which they never did just a housekeeper brought Lysol. Then we realized the heat was set to 80 but it was not hot in room and It kept running continuously. We just turned it off because it was warm. Next day we alerted them of the issue still not fixed when we got back from our day downtown. I asked for glen, the "manager" said he was not in. We were just extremely upset we got a great rate but tried not to complain but it got cold and heat never did work. No compensation was never mentioned our credits or such. I WOULD not stay here again the only nice ladies were our housekeeper and a blonde lady that worked desk at night. DO NOT STAY HERE!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Gem Among Midtown Savannah's All-Suite Inn Near Savannah 's Historic District, Comfort Inn Midtown is an excellent and affordable alternative to the higher priced hotels in downtown Savannah. It's consistently one of the highest rated and most positively reviewed Savannah hotels on TripAdvisor. Easily accessible from I-16 /I-95 and Savannah International Airport, Oglethorpe Inn & Suites offers business travelers,vacationing families and sports teams accommodations close to all of Savannah's favorite spots, one block away from Oglethorpe Mall(over 140 stores) . Recently purchased all new bedding, sheets, comforters and pillows. Guests enjoy complimentary hot continental breakfast, high speed wireless internet with free lobby computers/printers, private outdoor pool / sundeck and a fitness center / laundry facilities on-site, free parking, 42" flat screen TVs in every suite with coffeemaker, microwave & mini-fridge, living room with over 450 sq. ft.all non-smoking, Free newspaper & local calls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Comfort Inn Midtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oglethorpe Inn And Suites
- Oglethorpe Inn & Suites Hotel Savannah
- Oglethorpe Hotel Savannah