“a great find just outside of historic savannah” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn Midtown

Comfort Inn Midtown
Ranked #44 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Knoxville, Tennessee
“a great find just outside of historic savannah”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2009

My husband and I spent one night at the Oglethorpe Inn and Suites. The room was very clean, and was very roomy and had a good setup. Free breakfast in the morning, and free internet. However, ours did not work because we were in a far corner of the hotel. The lobby was beautiful and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. Our television was not working properly, and they sent someone up immediately to come look at it.
This hotel is not in historic Savannah, which was more than fine with us because of the money we saved. It is just a short 5 minute drive into town where you can find free parking on the streets. I would stay here again, and will recommend this to anyone I know going to Savannah.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Montgomery
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2009

We were very impressed with Oglethorpe Inn. First of all, I talked to Penny on the phone when I was checking out hotels, her friendly and helpful attitude is what made me decide to stay here. Other places I called had negative attitudes and seemed like it was a bother to answer questions. When we checked in Amber assisted us, she and all the other staff that we came in contact with were all very nice. The breakfast is good for the money. The property inside and out was extremely clean. I loved the layout of the room, my husband said it was very cozy. We got a great deal for the money, it was much nicer than we expected to get for what we paid. Two years ago, we stayed maybe a mile down the road at a chain hotel, paid much more and the place was nasty. I would say that this room was the best hotel stay I have ever had--and I am also including casino hotel rooms as a comparison. I would recommend Oglethorpe Inn & Suites to anyone and everyone!!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank SavygirlMontgomery
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2009

stayed here for 3 nights with my teenage son. The front desk staff was very accommodating and professional. Our room was clean and spacious. The continental breakfast was typical bagels/donuts/cereal. The toasters were not working properly so you did have to 'wait your turn' to use one side of one toaster. I'm not sure why management hasn't replaced the toasters since I've read a lot of complaints about the toasters online. I would definitely return to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
graSavannah, Manager at Comfort Inn Midtown, responded to this review, 30 September 2009
We are sorry that we didn't have the opportunity to speak with the guest, so that we could have addressed their concerns prior to their departure and before any comments were posted without our knowledge of the situation.

We were completely full with a holiday week end during their dates of stay, which resulted in the availability of rooms to be very limited.

We are very concerned if any of our guests are not pleased with their accommodations, and we want our guest to be satisfied before they leave our property.

We strife for excellent customer expectations and we are very proud of our guest satisfaction comments on all of our search engines and Travel Advisor.

Today, we replaced all toasters, per our guest request, we are sorry if anyone was inconvenience.

We value everyone as a customer and hope that we will be given an opportunity to better serve our guest on any visit in the future.
FL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2009

After extensive research, I choose this place because of the reviews, despite the fact that pictures are deceiving, I took my chances. The staff was friendly, and responded quickly; however, when I got there I cut my right heel with the hotel entrance door and was not offered any help (bandaid, etc.) We were let into the room earlier than scheduled, but the room was so musty that the sheets and towels felt damp. When I complained, they came to spray the room, but never suggested giving us another room. Then when I turned on the TV, and it went on the blinks with smoke coming out of the back causing me to quickly unplug it. Although the TV was replaced, a change of room was never suggested. The continental breakfast wasn't all that, the room furniture was dusty, and rugs seem stained. The hotel definitely needs a face lift. Although I was very dissappointed, we made the best of the situation, but will NOT recommend this place to anyone planning to visit Historical Savannah.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
graSavannah, Manager at Comfort Inn Midtown, responded to this review, 17 September 2009

Today, we credited their Visa credit card, which is per their request, for a one night’s credit for any inconvenience experienced.

We also offered to provide a complimentary one night accommodations in an executive suite which includes our new plasma HD flat screens TVs and a whirlpool tub. The guest declined our offer.

Again, we wish to offer a sincere apology for the problems a guest may have encountered and we thank them for bringing their concerns to our attention.
The Management
Norcross, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2009

On our first visit to Savannah we did some internet searching to find a good price and found the Oglethorpe Inn. It is a few miles from downtown, but right off some of the major streets that take you into the historic district. (Use Abercorn St!) We were very pleasantly surprised with a small suite with a sitting area and a bedroom in a very well appointed property (including a fountain in the main foyer). It had the typical continental breakfast fare available, but we had all of this at the price of one of the discount chains. We will stay there again and I highly reccomend this property to anyone looking for both a reasonable price and a nice room.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Albany, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2009

We stayed one night. The bed was a little too soft but reasonably comfortable. The cleanliness too was OK but not spic and span. Surfaces in the bedroom and bathroom did not look or feel especially clean.

We appreciated the free breakfast. It's possible to cobble together a fairly healthful meal with bananas, oranges, and hard-boiled eggs. I tried the pastries and they were awful -- gummy and rather flavorless.

We were in town for a late-afternoon wedding on a hot day and requested a 1pm checkout. We explained our situation, but the hotel wanted to charge us 1/2 day's fee for 1pm checkout, which we found disappointing. Nonetheless, we found the staff all to be unfailingly hospitable and polite.

Overall, the hotel is nicely located and the price is very reasonable. I would probably vote to return but my wife leans toward looking elsewhere next time.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
leeds, al
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2009

The friendliest staff I have ever seen. If we needed help, they were there to assist us. Rooms and the hotel altogether were beautiful. We will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family