The Oglethorpe Inn & Suites takes online reservations on its website. Though the interface is straightforward, if you want to modify or cancel the reservation you have to call the inn directly to do so. To simply add AAA status to my original reservation (and get the discount), I had to cancel the first reservation by phone, then make a new one online using the AAA link on the motel’s webpage. I prefer online booking that allows the traveler to make their own changes so you have written documentation of any changes should there be a mix-up. Nonetheless, when I arrived all was in order as reserved.
The inn is conveniently located to most Savannah attractions, shopping and dining. There was plenty of well-lit parking and the grounds and building exterior were attractive. The entry canopy did not extend over the loading area, so when we left the next morning we had to pack the trunk quickly in a light drizzle. Had it been raining heavier, packing would have been difficult.
The rate was very reasonable, so I did not expect the high quality I found inside. Everything was clean and attractively decorated. The front desk clerk was attentive and helpful. The lobby extended into a large interior courtyard that extended the three stories of the inn. The rooms had interior corridors open to the courtyard. A glass elevator provided access to the upper floors. The courtyard was decorated with live plants, drapery and upholstered furniture, including the wooden chairs around the dining tables that provided ample seating for the Continental breakfast. The courtyard also contained two computer work areas, each complete with PC and printer and a sitting area. The whole feeling of the courtyard was quiet elegance. I was delightfully surprised and wondered if the room would be as nice.
My wife and I were happy to find the room was large, clean, quiet and comfortable. The overall décor was textured walls painted in a soft blue, with framed art and mirrors. Wainscoting added to the appearance of elegance. The entry door opened into a living room, with a couch, chair and coffee table on one side and a desk and two chairs on the other side. Free WiFi was available and though the signal was a bit weak, it readily connected. The large bedroom included a comfortable king bed, two night tables and a TV set on a dresser. The TV was on a swivel base so it could be turned to face either the bedroom or living room. The HVAC unit ran very quietly.
The large vanity/sink area was in a separate room along with a large closet. The vanity area can be closed off from the bedroom for privacy using double doors, but the doors could not be closed fully from within because they lacked knobs on the inside. One of the double doors held a full-length mirror. The toilet and shower room was separate from the vanity area, allowing privacy should someone want to use it while the vanity room was in use. I prefer that kind of arrangement.
Other amenities included a coffeemaker, hairdryer, ironing board and iron. A nicely printed directory on the work desk provided information about the inn and area. The inn included an outdoor pool, but we did not use it since it was winter.
The Continental breakfast consisted of cereals, oatmeal, grits, fruit, toaster waffles, toast, Danish, muffins, English muffins and bagels, along with coffee, tea and juices. Everything was fresh and in good supply.
Overall, we were very satisfied with our stay at the Oglethorpe Inn & Suites, finding it to provide unexpected comfort and elegance at a very reasonable rate. This will be our inn of choice for our future visits to Savannah.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Gem Among Midtown Savannah's All-Suite Inn Near Savannah 's Historic District, Comfort Inn Midtown is an excellent and affordable alternative to the higher priced hotels in downtown Savannah. It's consistently one of the highest rated and most positively reviewed Savannah hotels on TripAdvisor. Easily accessible from I-16 /I-95 and Savannah International Airport, Oglethorpe Inn & Suites offers business travelers,vacationing families and sports teams accommodations close to all of Savannah's favorite spots, one block away from Oglethorpe Mall(over 140 stores) . Recently purchased all new bedding, sheets, comforters and pillows. Guests enjoy complimentary hot continental breakfast, high speed wireless internet with free lobby computers/printers, private outdoor pool / sundeck and a fitness center / laundry facilities on-site, free parking, 42" flat screen TVs in every suite with coffeemaker, microwave & mini-fridge, living room with over 450 sq. ft.all non-smoking, Free newspaper & local calls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Comfort Inn Midtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oglethorpe Inn & Suites Hotel Savannah
- Oglethorpe Inn And Suites
- Oglethorpe Hotel Savannah