“False Advertising”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah
Ranked #66 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 29 July 2012

We cancelled our beloved Sleep Inn to stay here. My goodness, it is not in a good area, and beds were hard.

Site boasted that it was a NEW hotel, but we came to a hotel that was PARTIALLY renovated. We should have checked the reviews for this one. But, the website was so enticing with a happy hour and other free amenities.

We have learned our lesson, we will never stay ANYWHERE except hotels that rate well on Trip Advisor. Had we checked this site first, we would have realized we are worth more than two stars.

Beds were small, and room seemed tilted. I guess the floor wasn't leveled.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
GM0541, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

I do apologize you were not happy regarding your recent stay. I am the new general manager at the hotel and have been here just a few months. We as a team are making the changes the property needs for guest satisfaction. I hope you will consider us again if your are in Savannah Area.

Reviewed 24 July 2012

We paid for an updated room. I slept in my clothes on top of the bed. The beds were only knee high (I'm 5'2") and lumpy. The floor was bubbling vinyl. The air didn't work. The room was moldy.We tried putting on the heat to get rid of the odo rand were rewarded with smoke and a noxious smell that permeated the room. The tub had no stopper to take a bath. Only 2 thin towels. The breakfast ran out of most things within 45 minutes and were not replenished. People were allowed to walk in the dining area barefooted. It was disgusting!!!! When we went to check out, only one person spoke English and she was working the breakfast area. This was a horrible experience and when I contacted the corporate office, they offered no refund.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the review. I am sorry to hear you had some issues with your stay. It is our goal to make each guest's stay enjoyable and comfortable. We appreciate you bringing these items to our attention for immediate correction. We take all our reviews seriously and hope you will still consider us for accommodations in the future. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely

Reviewed 19 July 2012 via mobile

Great room....clean....friendly staff....nice breakfast with waffles and biscuits and gravy, plus more.

• Stayed: July 2012

Dear Valued Guest

I wish to thank you for posting your comments regarding your recent stay with us here at the Red Roof Inn. We are pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay and you were satisfied with the service provided. We do thank you for sharing your feedback, these are an invaluable source for us to review our performance and strive to achieve excellent standards of product and service to our guests.

Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Red Roof Inn, in the near future.
Best regards,

Reviewed 5 July 2012

This has to be one of the worse places I've ever stayed at. The air conditioning was poor, there were no plates at the complimentary breakfast, weak coffee- think they reused grounds, sour orange juice, no forks or spoons. When we ask the desk manager to help - she made a small effort to find some plates- finally handed us some coffee filters and told us to use these as plates! Played with the coffee maker and went back to the desk to read her book. We finally gave up and went out to breakfast. I will never stay in another Red Roof Inn again.

Dear Valued Guest,

I appreciate your TripAdvisor review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry you had a disappointing experience with us and I have addressed these issues with our staff. I’m very sorry that you had an uncomfortable temperature in your guest room and can assure you we’re rectifying this with our maintenance staff. The service you received at breakfast is definitely not typical and has been addressed with all front desk staff. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us improve. Thank you once again for your comments.

Reviewed 27 June 2012

We were on the way to FL and after being on the road for 10+ hours, and driving in bad weather conditions for several hours, we just needed to rest and find a bed to sleep in for a few hours. Hotel is a bit off the road but once we got inside, I was greeted with a warm smile, a friendly hello for it being almost 11:30 pm. We found our room to be decent, large king bed, not to comfortable of bed or pillows for my liking, but for just a few hours and a hot shower in the morning-well worth it. If we travel to FL again, I think we would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words, sharing your experience with fellow Tripadvisor travelers. I'm happy we were able to meet all your expectations, and hope to welcome you at the Red Roof Inn and Suites again soon.

Warm regards,

Hotel Manager

Reviewed 26 April 2012

This place is Terrible. The box spring looked look they were pulled out of the dumpster. There were long black hairs in the bathroom floor. The handle in the shower had rust and scum build up. The carpet was sticky. My husband wouldn't take his shoes off. The transition strip between the sticky carpet and the hairy hardwood flooring was loose. There was a small dead bug in the bathroom floor. We got to this room about 11 pm after driving down 3 different exits trying to find a room. All hotels in the area were booked up due to a major golf event near by. There were only a few rooms left, so we took it ( not knowing the condition of the room)! Even after I booked the room there were more people coming in asking for rooms. I didn't say anything to the front desk clerk. There was no point. They weren't going to have house cleaning to come up and clean at midnight. We left as soon as we got enough sleep to keep driving to FL. I was able to get a free night certificate for complaining through the Website, but that's it. It's been two weeks since I have heard anything from the general manager. I think this point I am being ingored!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank zls04lcs01
GM0541, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2012

Dear Guest,

I am sorry to hear that you stay was less than satisfactory. I also apologize that you did not receive a response back from me. I would like to address your concerns that you mentioned. We are renovating the Inn replacing the mattress, box springs & bedding. We are projected to be complete with the renovations by Sept. We have a contracted pest control company that we have called and they have served the Inn. I have also spoken with my staff about the cleanliness of the room and will make sure we perform regular training and inspection going forward.

Again, I appreciate your feedback and if you are every in our area, please call me directly at 912-920-3535 and ask for the AGM.

Reviewed 24 April 2012

Staff at reception was dedicated to good service.
Room was clean and bed was o.k.
Clerk recommended a good restaurant within walking distance
Breakfast was good

Room Tip: Any rooms are o.k.