“$45.00 For A Very Nice Room And Free Breakfast”

Ranked #66 of 116 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Get the Georgia Hotel Coupon Book at the Visitors Center. Exit 94. 100 percent Smoke Free Hotel and Pet Friendly. I have stayed here 3X with no regrets. Very comfortable mattress. Fridge and Microwave. Work desk for your Laptop.

Room Tip: Always stay on 1st floor.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank TheMarcoIslander
MasterkeyCares, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor about your recent stay with us. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay each time you stayed with us and also the room amenities.

We at Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah believe in delivering the best of service and to make our guests stay enjoyable and a memorable one.

We thank you once again for your valuable comments and look forward to serve you better in the near future.

Warm Regards,
The Management Team at,
Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

For the price, the hotel was fine. It's not the cleanest, but it's not nasty either. They have wood floors, which amplify any noises made from above. On our first night there, we had 2 small kids full of excitement running around the hotel room. We were on the top floor, so, it was louder below us evidently. Although the noise was only temporary, our neighbors below complained. From then on, whenever we walked into the hotel room no matter what time of day or how quiet we were, we got complaints. I realize this was the issue of our neighbors below from day one, although, I am not sure why since we never even crossed paths with them. The problem we had was, there were empty rooms downstairs that we could see from outside. We offered to move downstairs, but the hotel staff refused to move us. So, our hotel stay was stressful because the people downstairs had issues with us for whatever reason. Funny thing is, we got a noise complaint on our last night and all we did was walk in the room and get ready for bed, yet, our next door neighbors sounded like they were moving furniture all night, even after midnight. Did they get complaints? And the people below us had kids and we could see them jumping on the beds and running around. I do not blame the hotel for these people, except that they did nothing to accommodate our stay.

Oh, and the continental breakfast is not one worth waking up for.

Room Tip: Ask for a lower level floor if you do not want to get complaints of being too loud. Ask for an uppe...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
MasterkeyCares, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Kindly accept my sincere apologies for all the inconvenience you faced during your stay with us. I can imagine how agonising it would have been. My most Ernest attempt would be to resolve the noise issue caused by the wooden flooring. It might have caused trouble to our other guests as well, so thanks a lot for bringing this issue to our notice.

We are sorry for breakfast that did not meet your expectations. We are expanding on breakfast choices with eggs, sausage, bacon etc..

I assure you that by all means your next experience with our hotel shall be awesome.

Looking forward to serve you with excellence at par. I hereby invite you to stay with us the next time you are in this area.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I read through the reviews and was skeptical of booking this hotel room. However, the price was right and it seemed to have enough good reviews that possibly the bad reviews were being a bit exaggerated. Upon check in I noticed the room was a little dirty and run down, the room was also very, very dark which means they have something to hide. We dropped our things off and headed to Savannah for some dinner after a long drive down there. When we returned to our room around 10 we discovered that the two rooms directly across from us were booked by a group of teenagers using the hotel room as party central. I usually do not complain but after an 11 hour drive in traffic I wanted to go to sleep not listen to a bunch of teens partying in the hallways and room. I went downstairs complained and the management told the teens to quiet down and they did, thankfully. The next morning around 10 am we went down to the pool and it was littered with white Styrofoam cups smelling like vodka and two lighters on the ground. Cigarettes were spread around the pool area, apparently this is where the teens went to finish their party and decided not to clean up after themselves. It also smelled like urine, so they must have decided to urinate close by the pool. The final straw was when we went back to our room after swimming and found two cockroach looking bugs crawling on our bins that had our clothes in it. At this point I had my husband take the bugs to house keeping and I called down to the desk to tell them I wanted out of our next night stay and wanted a refund for our evening. They let us out of our next nights obligations but still charged me for half a night stay. They also stated that housekeeping said they were not roaches but another bug. I proceeded to say I didn't care what kind of bug it was...there was bugs. That was fine until after we left and it took me 3 hours to find another hotel, many of them were booked or costs hundreds of dollars for one night. We lost the afternoon trying to find a place to sleep. N

Room Tip: Skip this hotel and go to another
1  Thank bummedinmb
MasterkeyCares, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

I admire you for this review despite facing quite a few issues during your stay with us. Actually such reviews help us continuously improvise our attempts in serving you in the most amicable and efficient manner.

Kindly accept my most sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience you had during your stay with us. I have already intimidated my housekeeping and front desk and the needful is being done on warfooting. Whether its the sanitation of the room or the pool everything is in place. I am sure the next time you visit us for which I extend you an invitation you will be thrilled with exhilarating experience while staying with us.

Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah Gateway

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

The smell of the local "Paper Mill" (is what I was told) woke me up at 4:30am. We had to turn off the AC (in July) because the smell was so bad. You can hear everything in the room above you ,so beware. The room was clean, bathroom not so much. The lady at the front desk was very polite. We didn't get our money's worth in rest & that's why you have a hotel to begin with so overall I had to give it 2 stars.

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
MasterkeyCares, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We apologize for failing to meet your expectations in several areas. We appreciate your candid feedback and will use to improve and provide a better experience for our guests. We hope you will give us a chance to change your opinion in the future.

Kind Regards
The team at Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah

Reviewed 30 June 2014

The Room was decent, and the property was safe. I booked a week ahead, however, on my way there, found a coupon for $6 less for one night. It doesn't seem like much, but when you have a family, every dollar counts. I got to the facility, and the front desk person started to enter in the coupon, and asked for Eva, the General Manager to help her. Eva immediately informed me that she would not honor this coupon, because it was only for walk-in, and I had already booked. I explained then that I wanted a new room under that coupon, and to let my current reservation expire, and that I would take it up with her manager - to which she informed me that only the owner was above her. I asked her to get the owner on the phone and I would wait, which she informed me that the owner was in India, and could not be disturbed. We continued to argue until more customers came in, and she finally said she would honor it, but only for one day, to which I said was fine, as I would not be staying there a second day - after this situation. It is sad that, in such a competitive environment (LOTS of hotel/motels around there) that she would argue with a customer over $5. Unprofessional and disconcerting.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
MasterkeyCares, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the feedback. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests. We take all comments very seriously and we have taken note of your valuable comments and will use this to monitor and improve the quality of service we offer to our guests. We assure you that this type of issues do not occur in the future and we hope you will give us another chance to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

For the rate I guess it was as expected. I was able to check-in with ease so kudos to that and the fact that the hotel is located in a great area and the staff was pleasant. I loved the fact the rooms had laminated floors instead of carpet. I always look in the bathrooms and beds when entering hotels. There was hair in the shower and around the toilets it was dirty, looked as if it has not been cleaned in awhile. When I pulled back the comforter there was hair on the sheets.The overall stay was stress free but I rather stay in a hotel with cleaner rooms.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nek T
MasterkeyCares, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you your feedback about your recent stay with us here at the Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed our newly renovated hotel. Please accept our apologies about cleanliness. I have shared your feedback with our housekeeping and management team to resolve this issue. We hope you will give us another chance in future to serve you again.

The Team at Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah Gateway

Reviewed 17 June 2014

While on our way to Florida, we stayed one night at this facility. The staff were so nice, the pool area small but clean and inviting BUT the most important part of our stay was the room. The room was very spacious, clean and comfortable! They made our small dog equally welcome. The breakfast area was inviting and the selection was much more than I expected. We could not have been happier!

1  Thank Bobcat465
MasterkeyCares, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience during your stay with us on Tripadvisor at the Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah. We work hard for guest satisfaction, and we are honored to hear that you felt your needs were met. Next time when you are in area we hope to be able to host you again.

Best Regards,