“Comfortable room and welcoming staff”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah
Ranked #70 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersSilver level
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Comfortable room and welcoming staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Bed was very comfortable and room was as well. Continental breakfast was good too. Staff were helpful and nice. Location was with other hotels/motels with a few restaurants close by but away from the busier historic district. Close to a major highway but highway noise was not an issue.

Room Tip: We had an upstairs room and it was very quiet and comfortable. There were a lot of cars in the park...
Green Features: Glad they are concerned about the environment and helping. We did notice the card to reuse and hang towels vs. changing them out every day. We hung our towels to dry as we were only there two days.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
MasterkeyHotels, Marketing Agency at Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience about your recent stay with us on Tripadvisor. It feels great to hear that you had a great stay with us and thank you for praising our conveniently located hotel, rooms and the breakfast.

We appreciate that you noticed our friendly and helpful staff and will gladly share your comments with them. Please know that we work very hard to ensure that every stay at our hotel is “Excellent”!

We thank you once again for your positive comments and look forward to being your host again in the near future!

Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Upon arrival after booking the hotel from home and now wish that I had looked at some of the other hotels around this one. The hotel was clean but what I dislike is the pet friendliness all because I have children who doesn't look down when they are walking and my son stepped into some dog poop and brought it back into the room. The reason for choosing this hotel was because this was a last minute trip for the children before they went back to school and this was the only hotel that had the better price and that had rooms. The pool was small but clean and the first day that we were there someone called and was complaining about the children at the pool and it was only 8 o'clock pm. We stayed on the second floor in room 218 the room was clean but the air sucked. On the first night I had to kill a roach I did not tell my husband or my children until the ride home because I knew that if they know this they would ready to go as soon as possible! You should take a room on the very top floor because all floors are made of hard wood and you can hear the other person walking above you, a family with children had a child that would run at 8 o'clock in the morning but because since I have children I kinda understand so I did not call the front desk on them. The staff was friendly. Overall the stay wasn't so bad but I'm sure that I will not be staying at this red roof Inn again!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
MasterkeyCares, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback about your recent stay with us on Tripadvisor. We are so sorry to hear about all of the inconveniences you encountered during your time with us.

My staff and I reviewed each of your comments and have taken appropriate action to resolve each issue. In addition, we are re-evaluating our inspection processes to ensure these type of issues do not occur in the future. Your feedback about the staff has also been taken into notice and appropriate feedback will be provided so that this is not repeated.

Once again, we are terribly sorry that your experience with our hotel was not a good one, but invite you to give us another try. We greatly appreciate your feedback, as it helps us to improve and provide a better experience.

Bradenton, Florida, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Worst hotel I've ever stayed in. Save your money, save the frustration and stay at a Marriott brand hotel. Check in was a mess, staff was beyond rude. Rooms are old and dirty and smell like bad men's cologne. We found 2 roaches in our room during our 2 night stay. The pool is more like a bathtub...no shade, it's basically in the parking lot. The "breakfast" was cold and possibly out of date. We had to beg for pool towels and we're denied any "extra" towels. The walls are terribly thin. We stayed on the 2nd floor and our toddlers were awaken ALL night from the noise of the other guests. The a/c is the old fashioned window units...so it's either HOT or FREEZING. The lobby blast hip hop music in the lobby after 8p. Everything is dated, stinky and loud!!! Please, learn from our mistakes people. We tried to check out upon the 1st hour there...but was informed we would not get a refund. :/

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Erica A
Dear valued Guest,

Marco Island, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Get the Georgia Hotel Coupon Book at the Visitors Center. Exit 94. 100 percent Smoke Free Hotel and Pet Friendly. I have stayed here 3X with no regrets. Very comfortable mattress. Fridge and Microwave. Work desk for your Laptop.

Room Tip: Always stay on 1st floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank TheMarcoIslander
MasterkeyCares, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor about your recent stay with us. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay each time you stayed with us and also the room amenities.

We at Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah believe in delivering the best of service and to make our guests stay enjoyable and a memorable one.

We thank you once again for your valuable comments and look forward to serve you better in the near future.

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

For the price, the hotel was fine. It's not the cleanest, but it's not nasty either. They have wood floors, which amplify any noises made from above. On our first night there, we had 2 small kids full of excitement running around the hotel room. We were on the top floor, so, it was louder below us evidently. Although the noise was only temporary, our neighbors below complained. From then on, whenever we walked into the hotel room no matter what time of day or how quiet we were, we got complaints. I realize this was the issue of our neighbors below from day one, although, I am not sure why since we never even crossed paths with them. The problem we had was, there were empty rooms downstairs that we could see from outside. We offered to move downstairs, but the hotel staff refused to move us. So, our hotel stay was stressful because the people downstairs had issues with us for whatever reason. Funny thing is, we got a noise complaint on our last night and all we did was walk in the room and get ready for bed, yet, our next door neighbors sounded like they were moving furniture all night, even after midnight. Did they get complaints? And the people below us had kids and we could see them jumping on the beds and running around. I do not blame the hotel for these people, except that they did nothing to accommodate our stay.

Oh, and the continental breakfast is not one worth waking up for.

Room Tip: Ask for a lower level floor if you do not want to get complaints of being too loud. Ask for an uppe...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
MasterkeyCares, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Kindly accept my sincere apologies for all the inconvenience you faced during your stay with us. I can imagine how agonising it would have been. My most Ernest attempt would be to resolve the noise issue caused by the wooden flooring. It might have caused trouble to our other guests as well, so thanks a lot for bringing this issue to our notice.

We are sorry for breakfast that did not meet your expectations. We are expanding on breakfast choices with eggs, sausage, bacon etc..

I assure you that by all means your next experience with our hotel shall be awesome.

Looking forward to serve you with excellence at par. I hereby invite you to stay with us the next time you are in this area.

Kind Regards,
The Management Team at
Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah
Sp
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

I read through the reviews and was skeptical of booking this hotel room. However, the price was right and it seemed to have enough good reviews that possibly the bad reviews were being a bit exaggerated. Upon check in I noticed the room was a little dirty and run down, the room was also very, very dark which means they have something to hide. We dropped our things off and headed to Savannah for some dinner after a long drive down there. When we returned to our room around 10 we discovered that the two rooms directly across from us were booked by a group of teenagers using the hotel room as party central. I usually do not complain but after an 11 hour drive in traffic I wanted to go to sleep not listen to a bunch of teens partying in the hallways and room. I went downstairs complained and the management told the teens to quiet down and they did, thankfully. The next morning around 10 am we went down to the pool and it was littered with white Styrofoam cups smelling like vodka and two lighters on the ground. Cigarettes were spread around the pool area, apparently this is where the teens went to finish their party and decided not to clean up after themselves. It also smelled like urine, so they must have decided to urinate close by the pool. The final straw was when we went back to our room after swimming and found two cockroach looking bugs crawling on our bins that had our clothes in it. At this point I had my husband take the bugs to house keeping and I called down to the desk to tell them I wanted out of our next night stay and wanted a refund for our evening. They let us out of our next nights obligations but still charged me for half a night stay. They also stated that housekeeping said they were not roaches but another bug. I proceeded to say I didn't care what kind of bug it was...there was bugs. That was fine until after we left and it took me 3 hours to find another hotel, many of them were booked or costs hundreds of dollars for one night. We lost the afternoon trying to find a place to sleep. N

Room Tip: Skip this hotel and go to another
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank bummedinmb
MasterkeyCares, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I admire you for this review despite facing quite a few issues during your stay with us. Actually such reviews help us continuously improvise our attempts in serving you in the most amicable and efficient manner.

Kindly accept my most sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience you had during your stay with us. I have already intimidated my housekeeping and front desk and the needful is being done on warfooting. Whether its the sanitation of the room or the pool everything is in place. I am sure the next time you visit us for which I extend you an invitation you will be thrilled with exhilarating experience while staying with us.

Kind Regards,
The Management Team at
Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah Gateway
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

The smell of the local "Paper Mill" (is what I was told) woke me up at 4:30am. We had to turn off the AC (in July) because the smell was so bad. You can hear everything in the room above you ,so beware. The room was clean, bathroom not so much. The lady at the front desk was very polite. We didn't get our money's worth in rest & that's why you have a hotel to begin with so overall I had to give it 2 stars.

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
MasterkeyCares, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We apologize for failing to meet your expectations in several areas. We appreciate your candid feedback and will use to improve and provide a better experience for our guests. We hope you will give us a chance to change your opinion in the future.

Kind Regards