“Clean and good price!!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Morristown, New Jersey
“Clean and good price!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2010

Excelent to stay overnight, we're in us way to back to New jersey so really nice hotel and the most important CLEAN and quiet!!! and before I stayed I check everything: matress,pillows, bathroom, cups , etc...

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2010

This hotel was good for an overnight stay that we had for a church function. We kind of had a misunderstanding with the bookings of our rooms but it was eventually worked out. The manager, Lateisha did take the time to work with us in booking our rooms as a large group and making sure that all was correct as far as billing and etc. The rooms were kind of small but nicely decorated with contemporary decor. The bathroom was large which was a plus. The only thing that I didn't really like were the beds and bedding. The beds were low to the ground, small, and uncomfortable. The pillows were flat and one of the blankets on the beds and small holes in them. Besides those minor details, the hotel was decent (average). Oh, it is near plenty of other hotels, restraurants, shopping, and gas stations.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank ivydvyn44
St. Petersburg, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2010

This hotel is, in my opinion, run down and unclean. Our first room had sheets that had been slept in and then remade, and the supposedly clean room we were moved to had a broken heater, mismatched furniture and a patch-work water damaged ceiling and walls. The front desk clerk was pleasant, but since she was not a housekeeper or HVAC mechanic, what could she do? This motel is neighboring a number of other chains -I would recommend choosing one of them. All I expect from a chain like this is a clean room with heat -I was unable to get even that with two different room. I guess apologies are cheaper maintenance.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank FrequentFlyre
Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2009

We made spur of the moment plans to go to Savannah with our 2 children, ages 10 and 15. We had a confirmed reservation for a "King/Non-Smoking room with a sofa bed". We didnt arrive at the hotel until 8 PM, but en route, we called the 800 number to confirm that our "King room with sofa bed" was still being held. We were assured it was. Our credit card assured that. We arrived at 8 PM, so we dropped our bags in our room and went to eat. When we came back at 10 PM, we found our sofabed was not a bed at all. We were given a standard King room. They did give us a rollaway cot, but in that cramped room, it was not comfortable at all.

Next morning, I spoke with the GM, Lateisha, and she offered to move us to a suite at the same rate we had, and I was given a $15 discount for complaining. It was a much better room for sure. But the room smelled like a stale, wet dog. The sofa bed was torn up at the base, so the mattress fell through at the bottom of the frame. But the kids did not seem to mind.

Speaking about dogs, this is a pet-friendly hotel. There was a Jack Russell dog next door to us that barked ALL DAY while the owners were gone. Again, the front desk offered to move us, but we declined. We just tried to stay out of the room as much as possible.

Breakfast was a joke. We book hotels with breakfast to save some money, but we had to go out each morning. Even the coffee was bad.

On a positive note, the front desk staff was generally veru polite and accommodating. Housekeeping couldnt have smiled wider each time we saw them.

We satyed at this hotel in 2000 when it was 8 days old. Now it looks, and smells like a OLD hotel. I would stay here again if I had to, but with all the choices in the Savannah area, why should I?

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
West Atlanta
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2008

First problem was that the clerk said they had no record of my reservation. Fortunately, I had a printout of my email confirmation. Next she said, she found the reservation but the room they had booked for me had no heating/air unit. After much back and forth, she finally gave us a suite at the rate we had booked for the original room. The so called suite was clean and spacious however, when I placed my laptop on the l-shaped desk, it fell on top of me. Seems the screws were stripped out and it was just sitting loosly on the edge. While we're picking the desk up a maintainence man comes and says he needs to fix the AC unit. He comes in and tightens the screws on the AC unit and we tell him about the desk and he says, yes it's broke but then leaves without bothering to fix it. So, then I start placing our clothes in the dresser and one of the drawers is missing the handle so you can't open it without jumping through hoops. We had an ironing board but no iron and the wake-up call we requested never came. We stay at Red Roof's frequently because they allow pets but we won't be going back to this one.

• Liked — Clean
  • Disliked — poorly maintained as far as appliances and furniture
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Forest Hills, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2008

Stayed here with my dog on the way to Miami from South Carolina. Good, clean and quiet place. The room had a Jacizzi built in! i never got to use it but it was interesting.

• Liked — Clean place and dog friendly
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2008

First, the pros....it was a place to lay our heads for a night while in route from Maryland to Disney. They do not charge a pet fee and accept small pets up to 25 pounds, and the parking is ample and free. Now the Cons: I went into this hotel thinking it looked lovely in the lobby, and that we'd really lucked out with our $59 rate and no pet fee. The room wasn't exactly clean, but then again, we were only there to spend one night, so I could overlook that. Even if I had to sleep on top of the blankets, that would be fine...I just needed a place to rest for the night. However, the next morning, I went downstairs for the free complimentary breakfast, and there was none at the time the breakfast was supposed to be served. No one was even preparing it. There was, however, a man asleep in the lobby....not sure whether he was a guest or just camping out for the night. The ice maker at the end of my hallway had leaked at some point in the night, and there was water everywhere. I also had to kill a roach in my room. Didn't see any others....just that one roach, but it was still kind of disturbing. I didn't want to bring any of those little critters to Disney with me in my luggage. I wouldn't stay here again.

Stayed August 2008