Howard Johnson Express Inn Savannah GA
US$233
US$226
US$163
US$157
River Street Inn(Savannah)(Great Value!)
US$231
Autograph
US$235
US$219
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsearly checknice staycomfortable bedwould stay here againnice roomtybee islandchannels
Reviewed 2 September 2012 via mobile

The checkin process was long. We settled into our room, it was clean and didn't smell. We had a king accessible room. We were in town for the family reunion. The bed was a little hard but nothing to complain about. Went to eat breakfast and I noticed it was clean, however the desk person, maybe the manager, watched us like we were going to walk out with his waffle iron or something. We fixed our plates and were about to go back to our rooms when the manager asks could we eat in the breakfast area because the rooms have a problem with ants. Fine. However, when you go on vacay you want to relax and maybe have breakfast in bed or something. Not here. You get what you pay for. A clean room, maybe ants, and a school cafeteria breakfast. Pool was dirty.

• Stayed: July 2012
Eva J, General Manager at Howard Johnson Express Inn Savannah GA, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2012

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing Howard Johnson for your lodging needs. We always strive to give you the best experience possible. We value your opinion and feedback. I would like to take this time to appoligize if you were made to feel uncomfortable during breakfast. I can assure you this is not everyday behavior for our front desk staff. We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Eva Johnson

Reviewed 6 August 2012

You could do a little bit better but also a lot worse.Location has a swimming pool.Outsid..e could use a little maintence.This is a good exit for choice of motels and resturants.I would consider this adverage for the price range.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Mick S, General Manager at Howard Johnson Express Inn Savannah GA, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2012

Dear Guest,
First let me say I am pleased you chose to stay with us. As always here at Howard Johnson we strive to give our quest the best experience possible. I noticed you mentioned we could use some work and we totally agree, that is why we are under renovation even the date of your stay we were under renovation. I hope you can make it back this way to see the improvements to our hotel. And as always thanks for choosing Howard Johnson.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

The hotel was dirty. The beds felt like kids had been jumping on them and the springs were broke. I had to sleep on the edge of the bed all night to avoid the lumps. Their brochure in the room stated that the "Continental Breakfast" was available until 9:30. We got there at 8:45 and there was hardly anything left...a few small muffins, a couple of pieces of bread, one cup of milk, some cereal, some juice and coffee. At the time I thought the clerk needed to swing by and restock a bit and do some cleaning up as there was wrappers, spilled liquids, and spilled cereal all over the counters, but he seemed to be quite comfy perched behind the reception counter, (even though NOBODY was there to wait on...). At about 9:10 a woman came in with 3 children. There was NO milk for the cereal and only a couple of small muffins. When she requested some milk she was told there wasn't any. They left...unsatisfied. Then, I saw the clerk come out from behind his counter, go in the back room, and pour himself a glass of milk. How nervy! Did he bother to clean up any of the mess on his way back out? No, he did not. Around 9:30 we went to the counter to check out. I intended to say something about the lacking amenities at the breakfast area, but then I noticed the sign beind the check out counter stated the breakfast ended at 9:00. That explains why their was little to nothing AFTER that time...but not BEFORE that time, (which is when WE arrived). I inquired about the difference in the time listed in their room brochure and the one on the sign. The clerk seemed pretty indifferent about it. WHY did I expect anything else? I am thankful that I didn't SEE any roaches, but expected to considering how dirty the rooms were, sheets and towels looked, and breakfast area was presented. This place was over $100.00 after they add in all of their "resort" fees and taxes. I wouldn't stay there again if it was only 1/3 of that cost.

Room Tip: If you MUST stay here choose an upper room on the back side away from the stairs.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Eva J, General Manager at Howard Johnson Express Inn Savannah GA, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2012

Dear Guest,

First I would like to thank you for choosing Howard Johnson. We strive to give our guest the best expierence possible. I notice your stay wasn't the best it could have been. I would like to take the time and appoligize and ecourage you to contact our property directly for a discount on your next stay. We would like the oppurtunity to show you the changes we have made since your last stay with us. Please contact me at (912) 925-7050

Eva J

Reviewed 14 May 2012

Great staff the guy at the front desk jon was very helpful with pointing out the restaurants and things that savannah was offering. it was my first time visting this area. The rooms were ok. i recived a call from jon a hour or so later to check to see how my stay was going. my next trip there i would most def consider this property.

Room Tip: Give this property a try to price is fair. and the service is great
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Mick S, General Manager at Howard Johnson Express Inn Savannah GA, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2012

Dear Guest,

I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. W strive to give you outstanding customer service. Your feedback is always important. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 19 April 2012

We stayed overnight at this motel on Saturday, april14th to Sunday morning april 15th, 2012. In all our travels we never couldn't wait to get out of a place as we did here. First of all their advertisement in the coupon book available at the I95 reststops is misleading. The coupon states the price is 49.95 per night and 10.00 additional on friday & saturday night. When we checked in we were told by john the counterclerk that the rooms at the coupon price were sold out and the best he could do is $69.00 plus tax. When we expressed our dismay he appeared unconcerned about the situation. In addition bottled water was sold out in both vending machines and there was none available at the desk or nearby. There were numerous individuals gathered outside their rooms all night drinking, smoking, and being very loud with no consideration for their neighbors and no corrective measures taken by management. It appeared that people are living in this motel. We expressed these concerns to the owner when we checked out and he said the ad was fine and that the noise level should be expected when you have a full house. Hopefully after enough savy travellers check sites like trip advisor they won't have too many more nights where there is a full house. A watchdog group needs to be established throughout our beautiful country to expose these price gauging run down places. So do yourself a favor, do your family a favor, do your friends a favor and do not stay at this motel even if he have to drive further and pay alittle more.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank mgzinnel

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the review. I am sorry to hear you had some issues with your stay. It is our goal to make each guest's stay enjoyable and comfortable. We appreciate you bringing these items to our attention for immediate correction. We take all our reviews seriously and hope you will still consider us for accommodations in the future. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely