“beautiful home - was great for our large group”
other travellers have booked this property
Former Carriage House to my home is off the lane in the rear w/driveway parking & privacy
View from the 2nd floor of my own home of the Cottage in the rear Courtyard entry
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
View from the 2nd floor of my own home of the Cottage in the rear
Courtyard entry
Front porch with window boxes
Living Room
Living Room- another view
View into the Kitchen
Homemade cabinets-  this historic cottage was built in 1870 & is INSIDE the historic dwntwn district
View into living room from kitchen
First floor full bathroom with walk in shower
First floor bedroom
Another view of first floor bedroom
Stairwell
View from the stairs
Rear view of second floor Master Bedroom
Master Bedroom Suite on second floor
Jetted tub off attached bath in second floor
Coming downstairs
View from stairwell
Rear Courtyard
heading out from the courtyard to the driveway
driveway fits 2 cars front to back
Cottage was originally the Carriage House to this home on East Taylor St
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Dena B
Charlotte, North Carolina
“beautiful home - was great for our large group”
Reviewed 29 July 2015 for a stay in January 2015

We thoroughly enjoyed our girls' trip staying at this lovely property. The kitchen was large and had everything we needed, and we really enjoyed the courtyard area in the back as well.

9 Aug 2015
I agree the Courtyard is lovely! Groups that are large still easily fit...whether there's some in the Hot Tub, others chit chatting beside them on the deck, and the rest gathered beneath the umbrella table on the patio below. And it's really pretty with all the foliage that surrounds you but the best time ever...is when the jasmine is in bloom! And when you don't want to cook in that large kitchen....there's always the outdoor charcoal grill to fire up, in the Courtyard :).
Duncansville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015

Liked best: The beds
Liked least: Outside biting bugs (but that's to be expected)
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Large groups
People with pets
9 Aug 2015
I love that you mentioned the beds. I am like the "Princess and the Pea" personally. To the point that I told my husband I cannot stay in any hotel that isn't a minimum of 3.5 stars. And even those don't always have the most comfortable of beds! But all this just shows that I am very "all about the beds" when it comes to my own home.... and when it comes to my vacation rental!
Laughs2Lo...
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Beautiful home, beautiful Historic Savannah”
Reviewed 25 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015
person found this review helpful

We have an annual girls trip and always try to find somewhere fun so we picked out Savannah this year. And we have learned, the best way to go for these weekends is to stay in a house - it just makes the whole weekend so much more fun. And the Taylor Manor was PERFECT in every way. There is a lovely modern and well equipped kitchen - so we could have coffee together in the morning. The Hot tub on the back porch was divine! From a long and arduous day of shopping, we could hop in relax with a glass of wine before heading out to one of the many many great restaurants (make reservations weeks in advance for the Old Pink House!). The beds were heavenly - no matter what you preference you will find a bed that fits your needs in this lovely home. And the water pressure in the showers was excellent - that can always be dicey in historic homes. And the best, is Suzanne the owner - she just could not have been sweeter. So kind, so helpful, and she is focused on ensuring that you truly enjoy your stay. I just can't say enough wonderful things about our weekend. Thank you Suzanne, and thank you Savannah!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The spaciousness, the beds, the location
Liked least: Very steep stairs - this is usual for these historic homes
Friends getaway Large groups
People with pets
3 May 2015
There is nothing left to say! Except "thank you!"...... for saying it all for me! And that is a great reminder to make those reservations in advance for the Pink House. Glad too that I was able to give you some additional ideas as well. Guests can rest assured that I have lots of personal recommendations in the home for those who arrive sans advance reservations too :). There are so many wonderful restaurants throughout the downtown that fine dining is available even without advance reservations. But it's wonderful to have groups who've done their own pre-research as well. Gotta love flip key and trip advisor :)
cjmunch
Boston, Massachusetts
“Adorable home that is perfect for large groups”
Reviewed 14 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015

We had a group of 13 that stayed in the Manor and the Cottage in April and we had the most delightful stay. Suzanne is wonderful and accessible and those house is fully equipped for a very large party or a smaller family group. We walked everywhere from the house and were close to everything important (1 mile or so). I highly recommend anyone visiting Savannah to stay at this home!!

Liked best: Size and location
Friends getaway Large groups
3 May 2015
I love that you found everything you needed for your stay. That is a huge goal of mine :). To clarify the distance though... The landmark historic district (which is the one tourists seek and where the Manor is located) size is quoted as follows: "The largest National Historic Landmark District in the United States, Savannah contains more than twenty city squares filled with museums, churches, mansions, monuments and famous forts of the Revolutionary & Civil War eras." The Manor is in the southeast quadrant by Whitfield Square. Map quest will show you that the size of the entire district is 1.1 mile X 0.7 miles. So depending upon if you want to go to a restaurant that is a 5 min walk, 15 min walk, or 30 min walk....you are within easy strolling distance to any and everything. Restaurants, Cafes, Museums, Parks, Shops, Antique Stores, Churches etc.
I wanted to clarify since the response made it seem like everything was a mile away instead of recognizing that the entire historic district is all crammed together in a 1 mile X 1 mile radius. We are about a third of the way through it from coming from the south end. 2/3rds coming from the north end. I hope that makes sense! :)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 17 December 2014 for a stay in November 2014

Travelling group: Large Group
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
3 Jan 2015
The Rock n Roll Marathon weekend is always such fun! Having guests who are runners in it just adds to my enjoyment! Especially as I live right next door to the Estate :). And the route taken by the runners has them running right the Estate (and therefore my own home). They run down E. Broad and head further on south (past our street which is East Taylor) toward those streets that line Forsythe Park. Which means that I "get to" simply casually wake up (to music and cheering), grab my pooch and walk to the corner to join the cheering crowds! My daughter ran it last year. I ran it on its inaugural year. This year, I didn't catch a glimpse of my guests running past me (during the time I spent on the corner of East Taylor watching the race) but I know firsthand the soreness and joy that comes from only having to walk a few short blocks from the finish line at Forsythe Park "back home" to the Taylor Estate. And, of course, its outdoor welcoming and steaming hot...Hot Tub!
Lisa C
Mount Olive, Alabama
“Beautiful House, Beautiful City”
Reviewed 1 November 2014 for a stay in October 2014

14 church ladies made their way to Savannah for a wonderful time of fellowship. We were not disappointed at all with our accommodations. The house was beautiful & very cozy. The owner made sure we had everything we needed & even came by and chatted before we left. I would recommend this house for any large group looking for a place to stay in the beautiful city of Savannah. Say hi to the ghost i the attack for us too:)

Travelling group: Large Group
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
3 Jan 2015
Its always so fun when I get guests who not only love staying at the Taylor Estate....but enjoy the ambience and haunted history lore of Savannah itself. There is SO much to see and do in Savannah that lies right outside your doorstep. And the carriage and trolley tours (including their ghost tours) will pick you up /drop you off right at the doorstep of the Estate! But...while I do have "my stories" :)and...while I have had my full share of guests over the years seek to convince me that they've heard/experienced ghostly happenings in the Estate....I remain a smiling "tongue-in-cheeker" when it comes to ghosts. But I guess you'll just have to come and decide for yourself!
Reviewed 14 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The house itself and decor.
Liked least: The comfort of the seating available in the courtyard and the mattresses were to soft for our parties liking.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
3 Jan 2015
You know...I didn't realize my description of the Cottages' second floor Master Suite as a "pseudo-loft" could create a misconception about privacy! But I'm delighted both this guest and I firmly put any concern that privacy issues could be a problem...to rest! Because one of the four walls of the 2nd floor Bedroom Suite is a halfwall overlooking the stairwell leading to it which then opens directly onto the Master Suite when you reach the top stair....I created (8 years ago)the adjective "pseudo-loft". Figured it was quite clever actually. But now I'm thinking maybe misleading? The other bedrooms in the Estate are on the first floor of the Cottage and the second and third floors of the Manor. (Again...the Taylor Estate combines both the 4BR Manor & its 2 BR Cottage, which was formerly its Carriage House, together.
I have to agree with this guest also that...location, location, location...could not have been better!!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing