“Average in every way”

Ranked #90 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Augusta, Georgia
“Average in every way”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

This hotel is completely average. The beds are twin size beds, the TV's are not flat screens and the channel choices are very limited. The carpet is old and stained. There is only ONE very tiny mirror in the bathroom. The atmosphere is kind of a loud, party crowd.
Nothing negative to say, but nothing great either. If you just need a place to crash for a night, this is a decent hotel. But there isn't anything special about this property.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Allison K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Scottsburg, Indiana
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I was really surprised by the extra mile that the staff took upon my arrival. He didn't let me in my room until he verified that the room was clean and in order before I went to it. I was really surprised that the housekeeping staff stopped by to see if I needed anything.
The only drawdown was the internet service. It would work for about 5 min. and drop out.
I didn't have any problems with noise, thugs, or bugs.
It seems that they are trying to get the place in order.
I was real skeptical about the place after reading the reviews but, its a new year.
Give it a try and see for yourself.

Room Tip: request the ground floor.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank monty w
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 26 September 2013

i've stayed here for about 2 or 3 weeks and everything was good...the downside is that we missed housekeeping due to the fact that we was sleep and we waited all day for them to come back but they didnt. So we had to get fresh linen that night before they closed. Getting into the room is the worse because you have to swipe the card thousands of time just to get in. I thought my card was demagnetized at some point because I couldnt get in. But this hotel overall is a very good stay for a person on a tight budget.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DaHotelVisitor
Athens, Georgia
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I stayed here for one night on August 3, 2013. I will say that the gentleman that checked me in that evening was very kind and courteous. As far as the double twin bed room that I was in. I did not like how the beds were. My niece was with me and she spotted a couple of roaches. I had to get some clorox spray cleaner and cleaned the shower because the bottom of the shower looked dirty. I did not like how I had to swipe the key card a million times just to get the door open. I do like the fact that they have wi-fi, microwave, and refrigerator for the price that I paid. The only time I will be staying here is if I am on a tight budget. They need to make a lot of improvements.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Savannah hotels

Akron, Ohio
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I spent 6 nights here in July 2013. The first room we were given didn't have a frig, so we called the desk and they moved us to another room, which was fine. We were there to see Savannah and didn't need much but a place to sleep and shower. There are no amenities (they do have Wi-Fi) and they only clean the rooms once a week since it's an extended stay facility. We asked for clean towels and they gave them to us, no problem. The kitchen was an added bonus, which we used every morning for coffee and breakfast as we got ready to start our day. The rooms are small, only one full-size bed, but it had everything we needed, table & chairs, TV, alarm, kitchen, Bathroom, etc. The room, floors and walls, could have been cleaner, but for the price, I wasn't expecting the Ritz. There was some road construction going on, (orange barrels), when we were there but it didn't cause much of a problem getting in and out of the hotel. It is about 5 miles outside of the Historic District but we drove into town and parked at the Visitor Center (if you are parked there after 5 pm, parking is free) and took the Free DOT bus everywhere. It was cheaper than a campground, which is where I was going to stay, I have a van camper. Overall, my experience was a pleasant one.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank candlwyk
Lilburn, Georgia
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This hotel is nasty...green mildew in bathroom holes in sheets and just plain nasty with rude staff. Who told me that I was just being picky!!!!! They were nasty and no one should stay there...You would rather sleep in your car,

Room Tip: Book near airport
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank n h
Reviewed 12 April 2013

This place was so gross and so scary. There were cracked out people hanging in the halls and stared you down. We didn't want to touch anything and stood in the middle of the room while I called around for other hotels. The bathroom was dirty and there was blood on the wall by the table. There was no way we could stay here so we went to give back the key. They wouldn't give back my money because they claimed we were there more than a hour. We left anyway because losing the money was better than having to stay in that room. It was a disgusting, scary, horrible experience that I wouldn't wish on anyone.

• Stayed April 2013