“I should have listened to others people's complaints!”

Suburban Extended Stay Abercorn
Ranked #90 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Atlanta
“I should have listened to others people's complaints!”
Reviewed 25 July 2009

My partner and I are on a limited budget, but that's not keeping us from doing our summer vacations, we decided to spend our anniversary in Savannah, GA but didn't want to break the bank on lodging so we figured for $49 mini suite was a heck of a deal. Well, you honesty get what you pay for! Every negative review on this site has come true."
- Walking around on the carpet wearing white socks will turn them BLACK with dirt!
- The air conditioners are positioned about three feet from the beds at head level so the noise blares.
- The area surround the hotel is run down with "crime watch signage everywhere".
- Patrons staying at the hotel loiter in the hallways with alcohol.

Honestly, it would have probably been worth it to spring forth a little more cash and stayed somewhere nicer. The only positive thing I can say is the rooms come with modern (although generic) HD televisions, and free WIFI service if you inquire about it. (allowed me to write this review from the room).

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Warren J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
miami, FL
Reviewed 28 June 2009

Stayed here after we had a very positive experience at a Tucson, AZ Extended Stay, we thought how bad could it be--well, really bad! Had the misfortune of staying in a smoking room, beyond belief on how bad it smelled. In addition, we found:

hair on shower curtain w/ plastic razor covers in tub bottom;
a fly in our silverware drawer;
trash in hallways (beer cans and such);
stained carpets everywhere (especially hallways);
one vending machine that would not accept bills;
don't think about complaining because front desk is closed at night (this is a new one on me, in a 100 unit location);

With the exception of Travelodge in Florence, SC the worst hotel I have stayed at in my life! No shampoo or conditioner and one hand soap! You would think they could squeeze a bar of soap out of the $75 we paid!

Only postives: location and a well lit parking area. I saw a family w/ 3 kids come in at 12AM and felt bad that they had to stay at this place, not worthy of a 2 star rating. Sorry, Extended Stay in Tucson was awesome, this one is sub par and then some.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tigerfoods

Travellers are raving about these Savannah hotels

massachusetts
Reviewed 13 May 2009

If you have a car and are visiting Savannah, consider staying outside the historic district with its ridiculously expensive hotels. Suburban Extended Stay was 8 miles from the historic district and parking in Savannah was easy. We paid $50 for our small but very clean room with kitchenette. You won't find any fancy paint jobs or artwork but the beds were comfortable, towels plentiful and the staff was quite helpful. My only complaint was the air conditioner was a bit noisy. I was skeptical about a hotel this cheap but it was fine.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
charleston
Reviewed 22 April 2009

I stayed over on a Sat. night just a short distance further than hotels booked up that were almost double the price and this unit had a kitchenette for my WWatchers cooking. The evening staff was friendly and helpful (above and beyond) and the evening was quiet for a Saturday night. The room had some dents and scratches but the bathroom rated a 9.5 ) must've been new.
This place was on the main drag Abercorn Road which is a straight run to downtown for sightseeing and lots of shopping along the way. I would stop there again. Only negative was strong deodorant fragrance in room like many other hotels. Left door open for awhile to air out.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled solo
North Carolina
Reviewed 31 March 2009

We had to stop in Savannah overnight due to storms coming through, and got this one via a priceline reservation. It was just gross. The sheets looked dirty, the floors looked dirty, and the trashcans actually WERE dirty, seeing as there was still garbage in it from the previous guests. The air conditioner is loud, and the tv didn't even have a remote control. Stay as far away from this place as you can!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends
aejo16
Reviewed 18 November 2008

One of the worst hotel experiences I've had. Didn't expect much from it as far as amenities. As soon as my husband and I checked in, noticed a couple of people with beer milling around in the halls (about 5:45 pm). Starting at 10:30, became very noisy--vacuum running, tv loud, people yelling in the halls, slamming doors, banging on doors, moving things around in the rooms next to and across from ours. Called the front desk but they leave at 11. the after hours folks called the room in question to ask them to quiet down, but it didn't' help. At 12:30 I started calling the front desk again to ask them to call back to the room, and no one ever answered. Besides that, the bedspread was stained and there was trash in the stairwell beside our room, cigarette butts in the windowsill. We paid 52 plus tax for the room on Orbitz, could have paid the same at a hotel across the street and gotten a continental breakfast and some peace and quiet! I did complain and was given a certificate for a free stay, but that didn't make up for all the lost sleep.

• Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
San Francisco
Reviewed 24 March 2008

This a bare-bones place to stay for a good price. They do not have housekeeping daily, but I don't clean my house every day either. It would be best for people staying multiple nights because of the kitchenettes that would allow you to save some money by eating in once in awhile. Overall it is a simple but clean and relatively comfortable place to stay. Definitely not luxurious, but fine for the budget traveller. Do know that it is about a 10 minute drive to the historic distric from here - but it is also much more affordable. We found the front desk staff to be very helpful - a big thanks to them for helping us with getting packages and faxes!

• Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank easytraveller12