Bluegreen Vacations Studio Homes at Ellis Square, an Ascend Resort Collection
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Fabulous”
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Stay was 8-10 August 2012. If I can walk into a place and say “Wow”, actually the whole family said that, then it’s an excellent place to stay. I was very impressed. This was the icing on the cake at the last stop of a great vacation. We had two two-bedroom suites and the set up of these rooms is excellent. One room off the kitchen and the other off the living room with huge bathrooms. No tubs if you were looking for one. Check-in is on the 7th Floor, laundry machines are on the 2nd Floor. The parking spots are part of the Whitaker Street garage on Level P2, there is a sign across the ceiling of the garage indicating this. When you first arrive you will not be able to get down the street on which the hotel is located because it is closed off for construction. Park in the 30 minute parking go check in even if it is before check in time and they will provide you with the scan key card to park in the garage. That way you can visit the River Front Plaza until your room is ready. The hotel is nicely kept. There were some minor problems; I let the front desk know upon check out. I am picky, so on close inspections I expected better but I cleaned up a few things to my standards in the kitchen and my bathroom. But overall staff was great, everyone spoke, friendly smiles, helpful with anything you needed, and the other guests were friendly also. I could not have ended my vacation on a better high. Will definitely go back without a doubt.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank msworldadventure

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
South Carolina
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Can't say enough!! WOW! Glad I came across this gem. Beautiful, modern time share in the heart of Savannah. Felt like we were at home. Has everything you need to cook a nice meal. Very clean and super friendly service (Ryan). We got a great rate and are already planning our next vacation back! Way to go Ellis Homes!

Room Tip: All rooms are great!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 5 August 2012

We were looking for a place close to everything without breaking the bank. We find Studio Homes by accident and figured we could use it to find a better place for later trips.OMG! this place is STUNNING! we had a one bedroom APARTMENT cheaper than a standard hotel room. It was BEAUTIFUL. We were no more than a block or two from everything. We will never stay anywhere else.We found an amazing wine shop in Ellis Square and enjoyed it on the roof top patio every night. The desk staff are amazing and give great advise.

Room Tip: There are no bad room. Check the the Desk staff the have great helpful advise on where to go, what t...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
The World
Reviewed 3 August 2012 via mobile

Have you ever stayed in a hotel and did not want to leave to see the sights? That's how I felt in this hotel. It feels like a brand new apartment or home filled with ultra new appliances. I like clean and new and this hotel satisfied both. All the pictures on this site and on the website are accurate. The kitchen was well stocked with all the plates, pots, pans, water goblets and wine glasses you would need. The only thing missing was a fully stocked friidge! I stayed in a one bedroom and the bed was probably a full as it seemed on the small side for me. The construction infront of the building did make it harder to find than normal but I don't hold it against the hotel. And even though I typically hold having to pay for parking against the hotel, the good far outweighed the bad in this case All that being said, I will be staying no where but here on my next visit to Savannah!

• Stayed August 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Very nice place to stay. Recommend to everyone. Ryan is a very helpful young man. He helped me so much! The hotel is hard together to due to construction I the front. And the front desk is on the 7th floor which is very odd and a little getting used to. Overall loved it and loved the paranormal side of things. Very clean and luxurious hotel and close to everything in the city. You can walk everywhere! Ellissquare is the place to be and is in the heart of savannah.

Room Tip: Choose a hotel that is close to everything so that you walk everywhere, it saves you money on the ga...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Georgia
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Walk out the front door of the Studio Homes at Ellis Square and you're about a block from everything. Well, maybe a block and a half. The apartments are clean and modern. We had a one-bedroom unit. It was not particularly spacious, but it was adequate since we didn't spend much time there. Ryan, the concierge who checked us in, was a wealth of local information about sights to see, tours, restaurants, and even places to get gluten-free food. All of the staff were friendly, professional, and helpful. As others have stated, and I will reiterate, don't buy parking from the Studio Homes. Go to the Visitor Information Center on MLK Blvd. and buy parking passes that can be used at any of the city's parking lots or garages, including the Whitaker St. Garage, which is underneath the Studio Homes. A 2-day pass is $12 and a 1-day pass is $7, much less expensive than what the hotel charges for parking. We were there Sunday through Friday, so we needed two 2-day passes and one 1-day pass. The hotel is a block from the City Market, a block from River Street, Paula Deen's restaurant is right around the corner (we did not eat there). Many other restaurants, coffee shops, sweets shops, etc., are within easy walking distance. The location couldn't be better. It's a short walk to Broughton Street, the main business artery. Many of the beautiful, historic squares are within a short walk. We rarely needed to use our car. Since this is not, strictly speaking, a hotel, there is no daily housekeeping service. It's available upon request, but we didn't need it. We did need extra towels and a few other supplies, but those were readily provided by the staff. There is no restaurant on premises, no bar, no pool or fitness center, no vending, no room service. We had wi-fi service 3 of the 5 days we were there.

Room Tip: Our one-bedroom unit was quite small. I gather from other reviews that the larger units are much mor...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Hazloke
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed 1 July 2012 via mobile

The front of the hotel is under construction, but we received an informative welcome letter in advance explaining this with directions on how to check in. Check in is on the top floor which was interesting, and went very smoothly. We stayed in a One-Bedroom Presidential Suite with sofa-bed. The room was VERY CLEAN and well appointed. We had our kids, 6 and 4 with us on a family trip and were excited to check out the pool beneath our window. The short story; this hotel does not have a pool and borders the Aviva Hotel that has a quite nice one! It also lacks any type of vending or snack machines. I confess I should have done more homework prior to booking and probably would have ended up at the Aviva, but that being said; you can't go wrong with Studio Homes if you appreciate the "Boutique" hotel experience and have no need for typical hotel styled amenities. There is a great Pizza place beneath the hotel that has drinks, sandwitches, gelatto, and of course really tasty looking pies. Paula Dean's Lady and Sons is just a block from the hotel as well. Ellis square is quite close as too. We took a stroll through the fountains and square and had some home-made gelatto while listening to a young band perform near the city market. It was a nice afternoon and it made me appreciate this hotel's location more than anything.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family