“based on a short stay!”

Comfort Suites Historic District
Ranked #48 of 116 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 28 August 2012

We stayed only one night, but we got a good impression of the hotel. The room was spacious with very high ceiling (maybe only at ground floor?!) and clean. Breakfast was ok. It is a chain hotel, so you do not get any special feeling of the old south, but for a short family stay it is perfectly OK.
The hotel is not in the historical district, but not too far.
During the day the neighborhood seemed safe though very poor. I am not sure it is equally safe in the night.
Savannah is wonderful. Well worth a visit!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank italy_norway

Reviewed 25 August 2012 via mobile

I was afraid we would show up in it would not be I was afraid we would show up in it would not be a good place. Boy was I relieved when we pulled up. lobby was very nice an lobby was very nice and clean and stuff that and staff that greeted us but very pleasant and informative. We had a king size bed in a pull out couch both were very comfortable. Entire hotel was clean breakfast was enjoyable though sometimes crowded. Hotel has trolley tour comes right to the hotel for pick up and drop off. Just a few blocks off the beaten path but well within walking distance of everything. Free parking. Great find and awesome price.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank ramonad74
Reviewed 24 August 2012 via mobile

We were returning north from Florida. We had extra time and were just not in the mood for fast food or a hotel by the interstate. We blindly chose this hotel in savannah. The price was reasonable. When we arrived the service was exceptional. Our room was amazing. Clean, new, high ceilings, awesome and for around $100. However, at first glance, we thought we were too far out to walk into town, but in about three city blocks walk we were in the heart of everything. Nice restaurants, etc. There is even a nice convenience store along the way. There are some older government projects on the opposite side of the highway but turned out to be only a visual distraction.
Breakfast was good, made myself a waffle.
The only slight negative, is that the pool is very small. Not an issue for us, but of you have a large group with kids, you might be disappointed. Our daughter enjoyed both the pool and the hot tub.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank waxrash
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Donna spent a great deal of effort in making my stay a great one.
She was very accomodating, and made me feel so at home. :) My family will be back soon to Savannah, and because of Donna's sweet demeanor we will always book at Comfort Suites Bay Street Savannah GA -- Thanks again Donna, and see you soon, :) Anyone who wants to see Savannah for the hospitality it is known for, come stay with Donna, and the Comfort Suites Team :)

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 August 2012

We stayed on night in late July and I was super concerned with our choice after reading some posts here. Not sure which hotel they were describing but we had a great stay. Beautiful new-looking room, good price, superior service from the front desk and a flawless visit. When we were concerned with missing the trolly the front end gal follwedd up with calling them for us to make sure we met our dinner reservations...a class act. We used the trolly to get into town but saw no "bad element" in the streets and sidewalks near our hotel as some have implied.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Keeper0499
Reviewed 9 August 2012

3 of us stayed at this hotel for three nights. We got a room with two queen beds, and I was going to use the sleeper sofa. The first night I did sleep on it, or tried to. It was the most uncomfortable sleeper sofa I have ever slept on. The mattress was very thin (I could feel the springs through it and could find no comfortable position) and it creaked whenever I moved at all. I spoke with the front desk staff and the only option pffered to me was to add a second mattress. I told her this would help very little. There were no other options presented, other than obtaining a second room, which was too expensive. I felt that the manager made no attempt to help with this situation. We had paid for beds for 3 people, and got 2 beds, which was overpriced. Otherwise, the hotel staff were friendly, rooms were fine, and the breakfast was good. Just don't count on using the sleeper sofa. We had brought an air mattress so luckily I had a better place to sleep. I probably won't stay at this hotel again, and will think twice about staying at other Comfort Suites.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rita M
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Well, on a recent trip to Savannah, our first accommodation plans fell through! So, after hours of searching we stumbled upon this hotel in our search and got a really good reduced rate (even for a Friday/Saturday night) because of a corporate discount we had!

I am such a fan of Hampton Inn because of their nice clean rooms, comfortable beds, and awesome breakfast, but I have to say this hotel was right up there with them!

The bed was so comfortable, room was super spacious, hotel appeared very clean, bathroom was spotless (which is a BIG deal), and the breakfast that was included was much more than expected!

Overall, stay here! It was a great experience, and the staff was very friendly. The location isn't right smack dab in the middle of the "historic district" but it is right on the edge, and definitely close enough to walk!

Room Tip: Only one elevator, and perhaps might want to stay away from the ice machine as it was pretty loud!