Comfort Suites Historic District
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfree shuttleshuttle servicehistoric districtchoice hotelshotel shuttleriver streetindoor pool and hot tubparking feewould stay here againhard boiled eggsfront desk staffhigh ceilingsthe hotel offerscomfortable bedsthe breakfast areagreat place to staywithin walking distance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Very clean and well staffed. (location) We did drive "a couple of blocks" to park and walk around but the hotel and staff really were wonderful. We were very pleased with how clean the hotel was and how good the breakfast was..... We checked out Christmas Eve, a day people want to be with their family, but the staff was friendly and thanked us for staying with them. We will be back.

Room Tip: Actually, ask for a room on the back side of the hotel to view the bridge.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Ok between the helpfulness of Lucas at check in and the awesome personality of Shenell we had an awesome experience. Shenell was in the complementary breakfast area both mornings we were there. She loved her job. She was very professional, kept the breakfast bar stocked, and greeted the guests with a smile and hot coffee. When I complemented her, I noticed on her pin that she had just been awarded "employee of the month". Give that girl a raise because she is a big hit with your customers!!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank mrsscottb
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Gr8 hotel with very friendly staff - thanks to LUCAS he was very helpful. The hotel is very close to great restaurants and the river walk. Nice area to walk around. I would recommend this hotel.to all

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 January 2014

This hotel is literally about 1 block down the street from the Historic district. If you left the hotel by foot you would be on Bay Street in 5-7 minutes, and River street in about 8-10 minutes. Very clean and comfortable stay.

Parking is only $5, in comparison to hotels down the street that charge $15-$20 per day for parking. They offer a free breakfast that included sausage, eggs, make your own waffles, bagels, muffins, cereals, oatmeal, juice/coffee, yogurt and fruit. More than enough to start the day for the average person, and they kept it hot and fresh.

The room was clean and average. It did come with a refrig and microwave. The only down side was the comforter was a little dirty (I ALWAYS remove these anyway in any hotel as soon as I enter the room, b/c they are RARELY washed). If the comforter isn't crisp white, TAKE IT OFF!!!! i informed housekeeping and they were glad I informed them and took action.

I have to admit that the comments regarding the size of the pool are correct: IT IS TINY!!!! It was so small it was actually rather cute and comical :) Nevertheless, I did see some kids enjoying the chance to splash away in it since it is heated and indoors. That made it a plus in my book.

They also offer a free shuttle to the historic district if you weren't up for the walk, as well as have a tour company affiliation that will come pick up guests.

Overall, if I was ever back in Savannah, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nitadj33
Reviewed 26 January 2014

My sister, mother and I chose this hotel because of the price and location. We were pleasantly surprised by the size of the room. There was plenty of space for 3 adults. The staff was helpful if we needed anything. The breakfast was decent. There were enough choices.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends