Econo Lodge Savannah South
US$198
US$251
US$226
  • Restaurant
River Street Inn(Savannah)(Great Value!)
US$225
US$287
US$265
US$247
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I checked in on 6/27 and should've known that it wouldn't be a good experience. I saw a large dead cockroach in the corner. The tub in the bathroom had cracks in it. The bed spread had a hole in it that looked like it was made with a cigarette or something. What was the last straw and made me checkout the next morning was, as my 23 month old slept in the bed, I saw a large spider crawling up the wall not too far from him. I refuse to stay here again, and recommend that others do not.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Angela C, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Savannah South, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2014

Dear Christina H,

Please accept out sincere apologies for the issues you experienced during your recent stay. I can assure you that your complaints and issues are heard and will be resolved immediately. Our hotel has recently had a change in management and I can assure you that our new management team is working hard to assure we meet or exceed guest expectations moving forward, starting by changing the bedding.

In the future I do hope you would be willing to give us another chance and let us showcase our property.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

This place was the worst place so far. I can believe the good reviews written for it. To start, i booked it through booking.com by looking at price but when i reached at hotel, hotel didnt get the information of booking and charged the higher price than the price i booked. The room condition was ok but I didnt find any towels in the room. I dialed front desk, houskeeping number and guest numbers (written on the hotel phone) but nobody picked so I went to front desk to inform them that i dont have towels and he handed over bunch of towels to me. The worst part was that the AC in the was not working and it was hot all night but nobody came to fix it up. The "FREE" hotel wi-fi didnt work for me at all. The checkout time was 11am but one of hotel staff came at 10:30 to check and indireclty indicated to leave.

I strongly recommend my fellow passengers NOT to opt this lodge. Seriously, not value for money.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Subhashmali,

We appreciate knowing the things that need out attention, and I can assure you that our new management team is working very diligently to improve those areas as well as the rest of the hotel. Our new team will be starting the process with all new bedding and a deeper inspection on the rooms after stay. We will also be adding a social hour with freshly baked cookies and nachos. We hope in the future you will be willing to give our hotel a second chance to show you we have the ambition to change and improve our hotel.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We got there to our room and put our bags down then left I didn't look at the bathroom until we got back to the room when I was about to go take a shower and then bathe my 6 month old daughter when I saw the filthy tub I was grossed out needless to say we didn't use the Nasty tub.
The shower curtain was just yuck and I wouldn't even put a towel in the bottom and use it.
I don't recommend this hotel to any one!!!

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Rebecca B,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the issues you experienced during your recent stay. I can assure you that your complaints and issues are heard and will be resolved immediately. Our hotel has recently had a change in management and I can assure you that our new management team is working hard to assure we meet of exceed guest expectations moving forward.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I have been here several times and always have had a pleasant stay. It is a large facility and the people at the front desk seem quite efficient and caring. I have seen reviews that the rooms smell musty...carry a can of Fabreeze...DUH. Anyhoo, nice pool, large well kept grounds, and a Perkins Restaurant in the same building. HOW CONVENIENT IS THAT...

Room Tip: Is close to the Interstate so I recommend a pool side room...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Angela C, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Savannah South, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2014

Dear John A,

We appreciate knowing the things that pleased you as well as those areas that do need more attention. Since your last stay we have had a change in management and we are working very diligently to improve different aspects of our hotel. As we love repeat guests, we are happy to hear you enjoy the little things we to offer. As there are many different options today it really is all about the customer service and our team offers great service and truly enjoy what they do.

We look forward to serving you again soon!

At your service,
The team at
Econo Lodge, Savannah

Reviewed 22 June 2014

So we moved here after leaving the Quality Inn in Hardeeville, SC. Do yourself a favor and DO NOT stay there either. We ended up here because everything else was booked up. The hotel itself is out dated and our room smelled a bit like an outhouse and there was a hole in the wall but that is fine, whatever, we just wanted a place to sleep before moving on with our trip. We needed extra blankets but apparently they do not possess these things. However, the front desk lady was very nice and tried to be helpful if she could. Where everything went terribly wrong was with the other sketchy people staying apparently next door to us, above us, and around us. With my adult common sense which I know is not so common anymore, I would think having a party, drinking and from the sounds of it dropping a child repeated on the concrete sidewalk is not a good idea. This was not the case and from 10 to midnight all I could hear was their little shindig. Looking out the window I could see they had themselves posted against my door. Not wanting to be murdered before getting to Florida I called the front desk and she said she would send the maintenance person by to tell them that their activities were not allowed on the property. He walked by, I do not believe he said anything and the intimidating looking I'm sure he thought he was giving them did nothing and they continued with their party/child abuse session. So I called the front desk again and said she would go down and take care of it. Kudos to her because once she came down they scattered like roaches. She saved the day. I'm guessing it's not the best part of town and I can't say this happens all the time but staying elsewhere would save you the worry.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Jenb040608
Angela C, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Savannah South, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2014

Dear Jenb040608,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the issues you experienced during your recent stay. I can assure you that your complaints and issues are heard and will be resolved immediately. Our hotel has recently had a change in management and I can assure you that our new management team is working hard to assure we meet or exceed guest expectations moving forward.