“FANTASTIC walking tour in Savannah!! Don't miss out! Cecil is THE BEST!!”

Grits & Magnolias Walking Tours
Ranked #52 of 154 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: I'm a native of Savannah with a genuine love for this beautiful historic city and I enjoy nothing more than to share that with visitors. I consider myself a well-studied amateur historian of the South in general and of Savannah in particular and I know the city's history and current scene intimately and deeply. Come take a leisurely stroll with me. We'll wander through the squares, streets, and boulevards of this charming city as I narrate not only local history but the dramatic personal stories of the people who founded and built the city, fought and survived the wars, and preserved it for us to enjoy today.
Reviewed 2 January 2014

My husband and I took a tour with Cecil in 2005 and it was really great! He is legally blind but knows his way around the city and knows all of the history! We were in Savannah with our two kids (ages 9 & 10) in 2014 and called to book a walking tour (not knowing it was Cecil). When we showed up for our tour we were very surprised and pleased to find out it was Cecil! He interacted really well with our children and gave us a fantastic tour. He is the best!! He really could charge more for his tours. Be sure to look him up when you are in Savannah, you won't be sorry!

1  Thank CalypsoSabrina
"encyclopedia"
"architecture"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 31 December 2013

On our first trip to Savannah, my husband and I wanted a nice overview of the city, walking the beautiful streets of this Southern jewel. As luck would have it, I picked up Cecil's guide from the 1790 House. One phone call confirmed our walk and we spent and amazing 2+ hours with an encyclopedia of Savannah's colorful years. If you like to walk and love history, this is a "must do"!

1  Thank WanderlustGator
Reviewed 31 December 2013

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our walking tour with Cecil, who knows everything about the history of Savannah and the Civil War. His sense of humor and back stories made the tour especially charming. We were lucky enough to have him all to ourselves so we really got to know Cecil and his beloved city. He was the highlight of our trip to Savannah! So if you are in town, be sure to give Cecil a call at (912) 238-1151 for the best tour of Savannah.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

I took a tour with Cecil by myself. I'm an American history and art buff who also loves to walk, and I felt like I was on a walk with a friend who had a wealth of knowledge of Savannah's history and architecture to share with me. Cecil's tour was truly the highlight of my visit to Savannah. I could have spent the entire day with him. As a Yankee girl who lives near Gettysburg, it was a treat to spend part of the day with a true Southern gem and sharing our "war" stories.