“"Savannah walking tour with Cecil"”

Grits & Magnolias Walking Tours
Ranked #61 of 147 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: I'm a native of Savannah with a genuine love for this beautiful historic city and I enjoy nothing more than to share that with visitors. I consider myself a well-studied amateur historian of the South in general and of Savannah in particular and I know the city's history and current scene intimately and deeply. Come take a leisurely stroll with me. We'll wander through the squares, streets, and boulevards of this charming city as I narrate not only local history but the dramatic personal stories of the people who founded and built the city, fought and survived the wars, and preserved it for us to enjoy today.
Reviewed 11 February 2014

On our trip to Savannah with our best friends, we had the opportunity to take a walking tour with our guide Cecil. He was great!!! Cecil was born and raised in Savannah which enabled us to receive a more personal tour. It was a very relaxing time walking and talking with him. If you want a great tour make sure you call Cecil, you will love him!!

1  Thank Tracey B

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Our friends and I were looking for a way to learn more about the city and see some of the other Attractions we may want to visit. Serendipitously, we ran across a flyer for Grits & Magnolias Walking Tours at the Goosefeathers Cafe. We called and easily arranged for a 2 pm tour. We were delighted to meet Cecil, our tour guide, promptly at the appointed time. Things went really quickly from there. I say quickly because the old saying goes "time flies when you are having fun", right? Well we had a FANTASTIC time walking, talking and learning from this History major from the University of Georgia (he is very proud of his alma mater!). Cecil is "born and bred" in Savannah and has lived here getting to know the people, places and twists of this great city. We felt like we were getting the inside information that only the people who live here are privy to. If you want to treat yourself, at a fantastically good price, call Cecil and learn how Savannah came to be the great city that it is.

1  Thank Tony G
Reviewed 2 January 2014

My husband and I took a tour with Cecil in 2005 and it was really great! He is legally blind but knows his way around the city and knows all of the history! We were in Savannah with our two kids (ages 9 & 10) in 2014 and called to book a walking tour (not knowing it was Cecil). When we showed up for our tour we were very surprised and pleased to find out it was Cecil! He interacted really well with our children and gave us a fantastic tour. He is the best!! He really could charge more for his tours. Be sure to look him up when you are in Savannah, you won't be sorry!

1  Thank CalypsoSabrina
Reviewed 31 December 2013

On our first trip to Savannah, my husband and I wanted a nice overview of the city, walking the beautiful streets of this Southern jewel. As luck would have it, I picked up Cecil's guide from the 1790 House. One phone call confirmed our walk and we spent and amazing 2+ hours with an encyclopedia of Savannah's colorful years. If you like to walk and love history, this is a "must do"!

1  Thank WanderlustGator
Reviewed 31 December 2013

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our walking tour with Cecil, who knows everything about the history of Savannah and the Civil War. His sense of humor and back stories made the tour especially charming. We were lucky enough to have him all to ourselves so we really got to know Cecil and his beloved city. He was the highlight of our trip to Savannah! So if you are in town, be sure to give Cecil a call at (912) 238-1151 for the best tour of Savannah.