“I had the BEST experience at the Savannah Hostel!”

Savannah International Pensione
Tampa, Florida
“I had the BEST experience at the Savannah Hostel!”
Reviewed 21 March 2006

I stayed at the Savannah Hostel for some of my spring break in early March. I was there with 4 other friends and we were all able to stay together in the same room. The room was perfect for us; there were 3 nice sized bunks (all with a top and a bottom bunk) and a spacious bathroom (with plenty of hot water) connected to our room - and if we had to all get showers, there is also a bathroom down the hall. There was also a futon in the room so we could put our stuff down on it. I loved the house; it was perfect for walking around the historic district (no more than like a 20 minute walk and you can take pictures of all the squares while doing so). There is also a kitchen for guests to use. We all had a blast and I am planning on staying there again.
*NOTE: You might want to bring your own pillow, but they do provide a sheet sleeping garment, pillow and blanket. During colder times of the year, bring extra stuff to stay warm.

• Stayed March 2006
8 Thank CamellaLoca

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
England
Reviewed 22 November 2005

The people running the place were really nice to a friend and I when we were able to stay here in June. It's not in the best area, but luckily we had a car, so getting about wasn't a problem - though for others it may be a concern. The nicest thing about the place - the decent people. The worst? The cleanliness of the hostel which was absolutely diabolical. It was the worst hostel for cleanliness I have ever seen - and I've been to more than a fair share. The sheets given to you are no more than rags. Another traveller who we met there also had arrived into Savannah during the day, and there is a long shut out period during the day (9am til 5pm if I remember rightly), which is absolutely ridiculous for a functioning hostel, and he had to sit across the street in the rain for many hours. It's a shame the people running it were nice, otherwise I would have been in touch with the authorities long before now to have the place shut down. My opinion, I know, but I would be amazed if others could stay there and disagree with me.

• Stayed June 2005
11 Thank DunkB

Travellers are raving about these Savannah hotels