“So delicious!”

and up
Savannah Historic and Secret East Side Food Tour
Ranked #2 of 21 Food & Drink in Savannah
More attraction details
Owner description: Pleasure your palate and enjoy a beautiful stroll through the picturesque squares of Savannah while learning about the restaurants, specialty food stores, the people and the legends that make the Hostess City the tastiest city in the South.
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Our tour guide was so sweet and showed us such a great time around Savannah! She gave us a great history of the city as well as some great spots to enjoy our time there.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Write a ReviewReviews (1,648)

Reviewed 29 July 2014

My husband and I did the First Squares tour and LOVED four of the seven stops along the way. The food was wonderful and the historic tour in between the restaurants was equally enjoyable. The crab bisque, shrimp and grits, meat pie and cupcakes were all delicious. Three of the stops were a bit disappointing though. The burger restaurant served a single slice of a fried green tomato and about a teaspoon of pimento cheese. I understand the need to save money/cut costs but if you are apparently well known for your burgers, why would you not at least serve a small slider? In addition, the final two stops involved tastings anyone could walk in and do for free at any time. The stores themselves were lovely but I was hoping to experience a little something extra for the money. Overall, it was definitely a great way to see Savannah. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience but there are a few things that could be improved to make this tour truly 5 star.

Stu C, Owner at Savannah Taste Experience Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thank you for your thoughts regarding your experience with Savannah Taste Experience!

We work very hard to make sure that everyone has a 5-star experience and your thoughts/suggestions will definitely help us on this quest. While we absolutely disagree that you can get the same experience at the last two stops of the First Squares Food Tour, we have some ideas on how to improve that experience that will better help accentuate those differences and heighten the enjoyment of those locations.

Thanks again for joining us and for your helpful suggestions.

Look forward to seeing you on another Savannah Taste Experience soon!

Cheers,
Stu Card
Co-Owner, Savannah Taste Experience

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I loved this tour. Charlotte, our tour person, was excellent. She seemed to bring the history of Savannah alive for her group.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

The various restaurants offer a great variety of food to sample. We went back to a couple of the restaurants during our stay. Our guide was friendly, funny and informative.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

My 2 college roommates and I did the secret Eastside food tour. All the food was delicious! Irene was funny and knowledgeable. I am from GA and have been to Savannah many times, but this is the best tour I have been on.

1  Thank Jean J