“Entire place smelled like a disgusting bathroom”
Review of Taco Abajo - CLOSED

Taco Abajo
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Walked in here friday evening and it smelled like a giant toilet, and only two or so customers sitting at the bar. Disgusting. Got a beer in a plastic cup and left. Couldnt believe people eat at this place.

5  Thank RinconDinkin

Reviewed 26 July 2013

This taco place is underground but don't miss it! My fiance and I stopped here to have lunch on NYE. It was amazing. The tacos combine flavors I would never think to put together but they are the most delicious tacos I've had. Don't miss them!

Reviewed 25 June 2013

I use to love taco abajo. The vibe was nice the food was good and reasonably priced and it was open late. But last time i went they had begun to charge for their chip appetizers, my food was adequate and frankly a bit cold, and i couldnt even enjoy my friends company because of the horrible concert going on in the next room (there is no door to the next room just a large archway). To give you an idea of how awful that concert was, the entire time i was there i only saw 5 people enter that room.

Reviewed 8 June 2013

I love this place, I went and sat at the bar alone one afternoon and had some tacos and a margarita. I think it was their Tuesday special so tacos were a dollar and they have a very long happy hour which included $2 margaritas, which you can get one to go too!

Reviewed 19 May 2013

I've been to Taco Abajo several times with different groups of friends and had a great experience each time. The waitstaff is always very nice and have even taken our cards a few times if we didn't quite hit the required $10 minimum. The chips are absolutely delicious, and I'm a personal fan of their loaded nachos. If you're looking for a cheap night out, good food, and a decent bar scene, this is definitely the place to go.