“Not a good first impression!!!”
Review of Relax Inn

Relax Inn
Ranked #102 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Savannah, Georgia
“Not a good first impression!!!”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I had trouble calling another guest because desk staff did not understand English very well. Also the recording said please enjoy the music but there was NO music which made it hard to tell if the phone was ringing the room or not. Staff did not present friendly on the phone. Not a good impression. Thank you

• Stayed January 2014
6 Thank Currentweather

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I'm not the one to post reviews, but Relax Inn proved to be a great little place to stay while visiting Savannah for work/play. You can't beat the room rates, and great shopping and restaurants are all well within its reach. As other reviewers have noted, the historic district is short drive away. I noticed renovations are underway to update rooms and amenities, so this place will definitely be my go-to hotel for future Savannah trips!

• Stayed June 2013
8 Thank gata70
Reviewed 19 April 2013

When you first walk in pee and other odors hit you right in nose! There was dust every where, the furniture was dusty, bathtub paint was chipped!Blanket had blood stains, hair on sheets! Bad experience will never come again! Told manager, my husband and left the next morning!

• Stayed April 2013
10 Thank Calese B

Travellers are raving about these Savannah hotels

Cascais, Portugal
Reviewed 3 April 2013

There were no hotels left on our stop over....we were exhausted and we needed to rest. We found the Relax Inn....I wish we hadn't! Mold on the ceiling, dirt on the floor and the most uncomfortable beds ever. I told the kids to touch nothing! No breakfast served. Reading the other reviews, I can't imagine that I stayed at the same motel. I have stayed at lots of roadside motels in my lifetime and this was one of the nastiest.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Ginnelle E
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 14 March 2013

My secretary couldn't find a hotel room from my assistants in the historic district for a reasonable price but they needed to be close enough to work with me and close enough to not have to drive long. This hotel was recommend as a good budget hotel on short notice. It was grossly incorrect. When my assistants showed me the problems they had I was horrified. Though the owners were pleasant it could not be avoided that their room had not been cleaned. I personally authorized them to get foaming bubbles and paper towels from a grocery store and the results confirmed the filth in the shower and on the bathroom floor. The room's smell radically improved after they sprayed and cleaned. The carpet was also filthy and obviously no one moves furniture to vacuum. The free "wifi" was intermittent at best and low bandwidth when it was working. However the hotel was quiet due to the way it is set off a major roadway. They were good sports and were compensated for this disaster. The only mitigating factor is that the sheets "seemed clean", it was close to plenty of things for young people to do when not working, the parking was free (unlike the high costs parking in the historic district hotels $20 and up per night) and the beds were satisfactory. I will put them in another name brand property in the future for the same cost.

Room Tip: This is a motel thus the rooms would likely be the same . . . I only saw two rooms and they were the...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
7 Thank Princeton101st
Valdosta, Ga
Reviewed 23 January 2013

The manager, Mike, was awesome to talk to. The hotel was a little far from the riverfront, but it was the most reasonable as well.
We had a two full-bed room, with tv, fridge and microwave. There was no coffee in the room. The bathroom could use some touching up. The cable tv was full of channels, although no digital guide.
There was a nice table with two chairs. And the air conditioner/heater hung in the bathroom sink area -- which meant no draft at night.
My wife didn't like the hard beds, but I loved them.

Room Tip: No pool or fitness center. We stayed in the one-level rooms...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank gatorlookin
Thomson, Georgia
Reviewed 15 November 2012

Our family does alot of fishing in Savannah and this is always where we stay. Its affordable, clean and close to places to eat. The owner has always taken care of us no matter what issue we may have. We stay at least three to four times a year and will continue to do so.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank tayjus
relaxinnsavannah, Manager at Relax Inn, responded to this review, 19 November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Relax Inn. We are glad that you choose us every time you visit Savannah on your fishing trips. We look forward to serving you and your family again soon. We appreciate your business for so many years. Thank you again.