“For The Money, Best Golf Course Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crosswinds Golf Club

Crosswinds Golf Club
Tybee Island, Ga
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“For The Money, Best Golf Course Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2012

I play Crosswinds regularly. For the money, the best golf course in Savannah. It is always in great shape. Hats off to the new owners...They have done wonders with this golf course.

Visited October 2012
LGallea, Director of Sales at Crosswinds Golf Club, responded to this review, 14 February 2013
Thank you for the encouraging words! We are excited for the 2013 spring season and look forward to seeing you on course!

Hardeeville, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2012

Wow this place was great and my kids loved it. Would like to go there again. Would like some tickets

Visited August 2012
1 Thank DOUGLAS M
Thank you! We will be implementing a loyalty points program this 2013 spring season. You can earn money back to use against another round of golf!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best customer service, course in great shape!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2011

Visited Crosswinds this weekend and all I can say is WOW! The new owners have done a magnificent job of whipping this course into shape, and our beer cart lady was AMAZING! I will definitely be returning to this course! Friendly service, beautiful views, and a great value! Thanks Crosswinds for getting it RIGHT!

1 Thank golferguy40
Thank you!!
Savannah, Georgia, United States
“Great Value, nice course.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2011

I loved its closeness to I-95 and it's playability and moderate cost. The only thing that could have been better is the driving range and practice facilities.

Visited September 2011
LGallea, Director of Sales at Crosswinds Golf Club, responded to this review, 1 December 2011
Hi Ted,

Thank you for visiting us this past September! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at the course and wish I could have improved on the driving range/practice areas for you, but I am stumped since we usually receive a lot of compliments on this area. Please help us to improve that much more by sending me an email at info@crosswindsgolfclub.com to let me know your critiques.
Since you posted as being in Savannah I hope to meet you in person soon and personally welcome you to the course.
Leslie Gallea
Charleston, West Virginia
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“NIce AffordableCourse...But bring your own drinks!!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2011

My Father and I played a round here the first week in August on a 102 degree day….We were impressed with this nice little affordable course. We vacationed on Tybee Island and unless we wanted to travel the hour and a half to Hilton Head we decided to play here. The front 9 had some very beautiful holes with some nice hills and rolling fairways….The back nine also had a few nice holes yet seemed like there were several large areas with “weeds” rather than nice landscaping. The course plays fairly straight forward, some sand spots got me into quite a bit of trouble. On the day we played I can only assume that the ground keeper got a kick out of watching everyone putt. The holes were literally in the most unfriendly of locations…putting well was impossible. The only major legitimate complaint would be the location of the club house and lack of a “Drink Cart.” The clubhouse is located to the side of the course across a bridge, and up a hill. You don’t “Play” back to it after 9 holes. Under normal circumstances it wouldn’t be an issue to not have access, however on a 102 degree day drinks were definitely needed. We kept looking for the beer cart, yet only after 4 hours of play and only as we were teeing of on the 18th did the girl show up….Thanks but no thanks…luckily dad had brought a few drinks along with him. That being said, if you are looking for an affordable course and close to Savannah I’d give it a whirl…..but do BYO---Drinks !

Visited August 2011
LGallea, Director of Sales at Crosswinds Golf Club, responded to this review, 6 September 2011
I am delighted that you enjoyed playing golf at our course. We strive to maintain its aesthetic appeal and challenging setup. However, I am concerned that you missed all the opportunities to grab a quick beverage while on the course. All year long, especially during the summer months, we have free water available in the coolers on the golf carts, the rangers and starters have coolers stocked with free bottled water, and we have a purified water station at the hut located between holes, 1, 9, 10 and 18. We have all these options available to our valued guests, in addition to a beverage cart that runs 7 days a week and the clubhouse restaurant or pro shop, in order to satisfy hydration requirements. If you are in the Savannah area in the future please come back and visit us to play challenging golf and enjoy our on-course beverage services.