“Great round”

47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 90 helpful votes
“Great round”
Reviewed 13 April 2013 via mobile

Loved the golf course and oaks with Spanish moss.

Greens were in beautiful shape and the final play was great.

Visited April 2013
LGallea, Director of Sales at Crosswinds Golf Club, responded to this review, 15 April 2013
Southern charm on golf courses is something special that we are proud to display. Thank you for your great feedback and we look forward to hosting your next golf round when you are in Savannah in the future.

“Great course.!!”
Reviewed 16 February 2013

Excellent course with mixed difficulty. The greens and tee boxes are looking good. A few fairways have some weather related damage.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

LGallea, Director of Sales at Crosswinds Golf Club, responded to this review, 17 February 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments! The winter has been interesting this year with hard frosts that turn into 80 degrees by the afternoon. Thankfully we have a great grounds crew that will correct any frost "issues" in a blink.
Atlanta, Georgia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A Cardinal Sin”
Reviewed 15 February 2013

Contrary to some of the reviews I read, I found the course to be rather bland. I could have lived with that. However I was playing in a two ball and making reasonable progress for half a dozen holes until we hit a log jam due to a group of five playing ahead of us.
I complained to a course marshal and he just shrugged his shoulders. I was not impressed, and very unlikely to return.

Visited December 2012

1 Thank David J
LGallea, Director of Sales at Crosswinds Golf Club, responded to this review, 16 February 2013
I am unhappy to read of your disappointment with the course and your experience while playing. Crosswinds does have a more forgiving wide layout, which appeals to most golfers. However you may be a more experienced player and may have enjoyed playing from the gold tees if you were playing from the blue or white tees that day. Additionally, our sister course Henderson, is a tighter course that may allow you the challenge you are looking for.
Regarding the ranger on course that day and the five-some, I would like to state that five-somes are not allowed, especially on busy play days, and the ranger's behavior was not an acceptable company practice. Thank you for alerting us to these two incidents of which I will address with the staff in order to make everyone's experience better while on course. If you do decide to return to Crosswinds, I invite you to approach the professional staff at anytime should you have questions or concerns. Our main goal is to provide our guests with an extraordinary experience that keeps them returning as a special guest for years to come. Lastly you may contact me at anytime at info@crosswindsgolfclub.com to discuss this experience.
Pooler, Ga
“Great place to play.”
Reviewed 15 February 2013

I have played Crosswinds several times and find it a fun and challenging experience. It is a great place to take visitors who like to experience that Savannah feel of Spanish moss and yes,even the resident gators! My friends and family who have visited and played all said they would definitely bring their clubs again, and look forward to going to Crosswinds with me.

Visited June 2012
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

LGallea, Director of Sales at Crosswinds Golf Club, responded to this review, 21 February 2013
Yes, we do have a lot of wildlife at our course! Thank you for your wonderful feedback and I am excited to host you and your guests in the future. Please let them know though, that we have brand new 2013 TaylorMade rental clubs in house so they need not travel with clubs if they so choose. Happy golfing!
Pisgah Forest
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Experience, Great People”
Reviewed 14 February 2013

Felt welcomed immediately from driving in. Golf course was in very good condition and price was fairly competitive. Will stop in again enroute to Florida or returning from.

Visited November 2012
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Our access to I-95 makes it easy to stop by for a round of 9 or 18 holes. I am excited to share with the staff your wonderful comments regarding their service levels. We strive for an extraordinary experience for all our guests while at the course and look forward to receiving you again in the near future!