“Best collards I ever had!”
Review of Walls' Barbeque

Walls' Barbeque
Ranked #194 of 876 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Check out on facebook - http://www.facebook.com/Wallsbbq
Description: Check out on facebook - http://www.facebook.com/Wallsbbq
Atlanta, Georgia
“Best collards I ever had!”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I have lived in GA 18 years and have never had collards this good! The chicken was good too, the red rice not so good. I cant wait to go back for more COLLARDS! wow...wish I knew how to make them like that.

• Visited February 2014

Fort Walton Beach, Florida
“Very good BBQ & excellent service”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Stopped by Wall’s BBQ on the suggestion of a friend. From the moment you step in the place you feel at home. Its a small place, but worth the wait if the booths are full. I had the pulled pork, Mac & Cheese and slaw. Also had some chicken on the sides. Had the bread pudding for desert but found it to be flat and texture of a soft “Brownie” Flavor was ok but not what I expected. I thought their Mild sauce was Excellent, its thin but not too watery. Flavor was excellent and reflected the Savannah style sauce. Only a couple of down sides. I felt they were VERY light on the portions and I did not feel satisfied when I was done. To be honest with you, It felt it was a large Childs plate, I was a little taken back when they brought the plate. Price was more than fair for the portions received but I would rather pay a little more and get a full blown meal. The other thing is they do not sell Beer or Wine. BBQ & Beer just go together so felt a little off.

Overall, very good BBQ & excellent service, with a few corrections made, they could have a world class BBQ Joint.

• Visited February 2014
Tampa, Florida
“Just the basics!”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Interesting place down what seemed like the back alley of the cottage we were renting. Only open Thur - Saturday night. Ribs - very tasty, loved the sauce. Mac n cheese was yummy and the red rice was okay. Hubby has the yams and they were really good too. They ran out of desert when we got there (8pm on Sat) so we didn't get to try the sweet potato pie which we heard about.

Visited January 2014
Charlotte, NC
“"Hands Down" the BEST Bbq”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

My husband and I found this restaurant totally by accident. It was our first time visiting Savannah and we were undertaking the task of finding a parking space downtown...which we found out was nearly impossible. We finally found one but after riding around we were hungry so I asked "Siri" to find the closest restaurants. Lucky for us, Wall's just happened to be right around the corner. We got out and walked, saw the small sign and headed up the narrow alley (thinking the entire time that this couldn't be right). I have to admit after seeing the exterior of the place, we thought about turning around but it did have great reviews and the smells were titillating so we ventured inside. We were greeted and asked did we want to take out or eat-in. We decided the latter since we had a tour scheduled. We ordered the pulled pork sandwich dinner w/ 2sides. All I have to say is "hands down", it was the best bbq that we've had from a restaurant in a loooonnnnggg time. It had so much flavor and was so juicy. The coleslaw was just like we like it and complemented the bbq so well. The mac n' cheese was absolutely delicious. My husband actually compared it to my own recipe which he has never done in the 17 years that we've been married (because none has ever come close). This will definitely be our #1 stop next time we're in Savannah. Don't let the exterior and ambiance deter you from eating here. If you want great food, you need to visit Wall's...

• Visited January 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Worth the experience”
Reviewed 11 January 2014

This hole-in-the wall place is tucked away in a back alley. The night that we went, they ran out of ribs left. So, we can only comment on the baked chicken and pulled pork. They were okay. Cash only. I would be willing to give this place another try. It has an authentic feel.

• Visited December 2013