“Hidden gem”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Description: Check out on facebook - http://www.facebook.com/Wallsbbq
“Hidden gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

You have to know where to go to find this "joint." Total mom & pop southern cooking. Great service and tasty, wholesome meals. The BBQ sauce was excellent.

Visited May 2014

Grand Bend, Canada
“A great find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

It can be a bit of a pilgrimage to get there for the first time, especially if you are new to Savannah; fortunately, the locals were helpful, and one walked me right into the restaurant! I had the rib dinner with two sides (mac and cheese and collared greens) ... everything was delicious, and the portions were generous. The service was very friendly; the waiter made sure I never ran out of ice tea, and made certain everything was to my liking. Have dessert .... I had the sweet potato pie, and I'm still dreaming about it. Grab a map, ask a local for directions if needed, and make your way here .... it's much easier the second time! And there will be a second time!

Visited April 2014
UK
“A bit disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

I followed the recommendations on here, but I think they are a bit over the top. Don't get me wrong, the food was fine (fine - just fine, not the best I've ever tasted), the tables clean and the service nice and friendly.
There are a few things you should know, though. There is no beer or wine served, the homemade lemonade is really tasty, though. The food is served on polystyrene plates, the cutlery, or rather the fork, is plastic. It is only open Thursday to Sunday. It closes at 9pm.
The food was not piping hot, and the fact that the sauces (mild and hot) were already out on the table meant that they cooled the food more when you put it on. The sauces were nice, the hot was not mad hot, so it was nice to taste the flavours.
I wish the place well, because it is quite charming, and the staff are nice, but unfortunately I shan't be returning.

• Visited April 2014
Woodbridge, New Jersey
“Finally got to come back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

I wrote a review for Walls the last time we visited Savannah, as we were trying to visit them again from being so pleased with our first trip here many years ago. Unfortunately the last 2 times we were in Savannah they were closed, but this time they weren't! I was so excited to come back here again after a number of years and I must say the food was even better than I originally remembered it.

My husband ordered ribs, mac and cheese and coleslaw (unfortunately no collards that day though I hear they are excellent). I ordered a pulled pork sandwich. We basically shared the meals we ordered. The ribs are so good you really don't even need sauce though you can certainly add it (mild or spicy). The rub they use is excellent. The pulled pork was fantastic and both the mac and cheese and coleslaw were great as well.

The people there are so nice and welcoming, you really feel at home when you're eating there. I may not be the authority on BBQ but this is still the best I've ever had and I highly recommend it (if you like BBQ and you don't stop here during your trip in Savannah, your'e doing yourself a disservice!)

• Visited March 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“A GREAT "Hole in the Wall"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

My husband loves BBQ, so we and our two friends (another couple) tried this place after I found it on TripAdvisor before going to Savannah. Yes, it's on an alley and looks kind of shady and is small, but don't be fooled! Wall's delivers BIG flavor! When we walked in, we were greeted by the kitchen staff and our waiter, who was super friendly. I ordered a lemonade and the rib snack (6 oz.) and red rice. The BBQ sauce is already on the table so you just add it to your meat, and it's traditional southern BBQ sauce, not like the kind we get in supermarkets. It was DELICIOUS. Lots of flavor in meat, sauce, and rice. My husband got the mac & cheese as a side which was also yummy, and the meat in his sandwich (which I think was pork) was so tender. I would definitely go back here and I would recommend it to anyone looking for REAL southern BBQ in Savannah.

• Visited March 2014