“Best Jamaican Food in the area.”
Review of Sweet Spice

Sweet Spice
Ranked #92 of 897 Restaurants in Savannah
Price range: US$0 - US$12
Cuisines: Jamaican
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: This is a restaurant that offers authentic caribbean and american cuisine.Our goal is to share the caribbean exotic flavors all over the world..
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We live in Hinesville, GA which is about 40 mins away. Each time we have a taste for Jamaican food we go to Sweet Spice any day over the other Jamaican restaurants in our area. The food here is full of flavor and absolutely delicious. You must try their jerk chicken it is just the right amount of spice! My family loves this place! The owner and employees are the nicest people. You will feel welcomed!

2  Thank antonioperez06

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Food is excellent. I am from out of town and I always make a stop here for dinner when I'm around. Everything is great, but my family always orders the 3 meat sampler (jerk chicken is a must). I highly recommend this place!

3  Thank Chelsea C
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My husband and I unexpectedly made a stop in Savannah last weekend, came across Sweet Spice, and stopped by for dinner. Upon entering the cute little storefront, we were greeted with enthusiasm sat down right away.

Sweet Spice has a bunch of different homemade fruit juices (no sugar added), and while I only tried the refreshing and slightly spicy ginger and pineapple juice, they all looked great. The 3-meat sample platter is recommended since you are able to try so many meats, but if I had to choose, I'd say go with the oxtail or the jerk chicken. The fried plantains were also great.

Overall great service, great food, very reasonably priced.

2  Thank Jenny W
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Excellent food and service. The food is delicious and plentiful. I recommend having the three meat sampler, and a patty to go. Look forward to weekends.

1  Thank JSyn M
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Definitely off the normal tourist path, but something that's worth the trip out of the historic district. I'd never had Jamaican, so I can't really compare it to anything else. Just spicy enough, yet my daughters, neither of whom like spicy foods, both thought the jerk chicken was something they could eat. Whatever you get, I'd recommend you plan on it to go, as there are 4-5 tables inside.

1  Thank Markdav98