“Beautiful Savannah Botanical Garden” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #97 of 210 things to do in Savannah
Savannah, GA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Beautiful Savannah Botanical Garden”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2013

No matter when you visit historic Savannah, the Savannah Botanical Garden must be on your places to visit. The large number of local garden clubs have created an awesome garden of beautiful flowers and often some vegetables for color. The large property has two parts: the flower garden and walking nature trail which by itself is worth the trip. I go there at least once a month and use the photos I take to send to a number of friends across the country. It is nice, I am told to open up your email and see a beautiful flower to start your day!

Visited February 2013
3 Thank SavannahChuck

Peachtree Corners, GA
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Botanical Garden in Savannah-even in the winter”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2013

We visited the Botanical Garden in February and were happy to see how much was blooming this early in the year. Of course the camellias were beautiful and I have a new favorite called Seafoam. There were several roses blooming allowing me to capture some great pictures. The volunteers were busy cleaning the garden beds, planting pansys and spiffing up the place. We met a very interesting man who works there three days a week. He is a rose expert and gave us some great information about caring for roses and other places to see. We walked back on the nature trails to the archeological exhibits--although pretty simple, it was still very interesting. I love finding free spots to roam so we very much enjoyed our outing.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank santafake
Fairburn
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“quaint gardens Worth a stop by If your around”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2012 via mobile

I wouldn't go out of the way for this place. I might be a bit spoiled from big city gardens and I am sure the roses look great if you can catch them all blooming. But don't plan on spending more than 20 mins there !

2 Thank JONC777
Savannah, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Botanical garden little-known jewel in Savannah”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2012

The Botanical Garden offers ten acres of camellias and other shrubs, a fabulous rose garden, a pond, walking trails and more. The interesting 1840s farm house and grounds are available for small weddings and other events. A lunch hour spent enjoying the beauty of the gardens will send you back to work refreshed. A tour by an out-of-town visitor will introduce the many plant varieties that tell one this is a Savannah oasis.

Visited July 2012