“Beyond Good and Evil Tour”
Review of Ghost City Tours

Ghost City Tours
Ranked #5 of 143 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Savannah ghost tours are a great way to experience haunted Savannah at night. Ghost City Tours provides high quality ghost tours through the haunted historic district of Savannah Georgia. If you are looking for a family friendly ghost tour or an adult's only haunted experience we offer both.
Bowie, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Beyond Good and Evil Tour”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Our tour guide Nicodemus was engaging and informative. He made listening to some of Savannah's history very interesting -- while trying to scare us a bit. His outfit and makeup made the tour feel really erie! Fun times!

Visited August 2014
2 Thank Caroline631

• Hebrew first
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Dead of Night Tour”
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

If you visit Savannah, you HAVE to do at least one ghost tour. This was a very late night tour (started at 11pm) and it lasts around 1.5-2 hours. Wear comfortable shoes and be prepared for some great, yet somewhat creepy, stories. Our guide was awesome and very well versed in the supernatural history of Savannah, boasted as the most haunted city in the U.S. At the end of the tour, our guide did a "Savannah smudge" over all of us to discourage any spirits from attaching to anyone. Basically the equivalent of burning sage or insence to ward of evil spirits. I've been on several ghost tours and this was definitely one of the best ghost tour experiences.

3 Thank ehagarty
Las Vegas
“Belittling tour guide, awful service and NO money back guarantee!”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

So disappointed in this tour especially because we were all so excited for it! The guide was incredibly rude and was "trying to be funny" but in a completely condescending and unnecessary manner. Original tour we wanted was full and only had two spaces left. Seeing as our group had 8, we booked this one and wrongly assumed the tour was going to be more intimate with a small group of no more than 10, but oh no- there were 30 people on this tour! How spooky can it be with 30 hot and sweaty bodies all smooshed together to snap pictures at a faux image in a window? When I called to complain, management told me that 8 of the 30 were "in training", but m not sure how that matters or why that fact is supposed to make things better? It's not like those 8 had "in- training" badges on so it just looked like 30 guests to me. So many things went wrong... Being insulted by the tour guide "in good humor", construction going on at one of the "haunted houses" (ohhh spooky forklift! Which I know they have no control over but maybe just skip this house until construction is done?), sprinklers going off on us and then still continuing to stand there while our guide attempts to turn it, only to get wet yet again, I was told on the phone that we were going inside Colonial cemetery but we didn't, we just walked around the neighborhood while listening to stories and looking at the binder of pictures of ghosts our guide brought. Also, the tour was supposed to be 90 minutes but was only 70. When I told this to management, he quickly rebuffed me and failed to listen to my side. After 70 minutes, our guide said to my group that that was the end of the tour so everyone was going back to the cemetery but if we lived closer, we could just go home, which we did so we left; which at this point was only 4 of us since the other 4 had already had enough and went home earlier. So maybe the tour wasn't officially over but it basically was for us. The cherry on top of everything has to be the "money back guarantee" policy. I have now called twice and left two messages, one on a machine and one with management to call me back today whch obviously did not happen. Several others in my group called and wrote emails as well since we were all highly disappointed to which the manager has yet to respond to any of this. Long story short- the money back guarantee only means one of two things- that the tour is so great, it's guaranteed or that the tour is so bad that putting a money back guarantee is more convenient to this company because it is a complaint they run into a lot. Judging by how well the management system runs- I'd say the latter of the two reasons seems more believable. Save your money and yourself from being insulted by the supposed "best tour guide", look at the stories online and see the houses and cemetery on your own. If you really want to be authentic to the tour- print out the google images as well for your own binder of photos. So disappointed for something my group was really looking forward to!

Springfield, Missouri
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Excellent Ghost Tour - Beyond the Good and Evil”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

If you visit Savannah, you must take The Beyond Good and Evil tour with the (in)famous Nicodemus! He is very knowledgeable of the haunted history of Savannah, and delivers a full story around the hauntings in such a way that you can almost feel them happening before you!

This is a walking tour, which allows you to get CLOSER to the eerie locations. The things that have happened here...how could it NOT be haunted?!?! This 10pm tour is the one you want...and Nicodemus is THE person you must travel with. Don't let his eccentric, dark, "I probably know a few ghosts personally" look fool you, he's a great guy. And don't let THAT fool you either...you might want to stand a few steps back, don't forget that "I probably know a few ghosts personally" thing. We are considering going again tonight.

You will enjoy this, and you will learn much about the town's history. You will probably leave wanting to know more, and looking for books and more information, because Nicodemus will leave you intrigued!

Sherwood, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beyond Good and Evil is the way to go!”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I'm from Oregon so my Mom and I thought it would be fun to take a trip out to the south for a week. We went on two ghost tours while in Savannah and one when we were in Charleston. The Beyond the Good and Evil Tour was by far the best tour. Nicodemus was our tour guide. Since it was on foot there was no worrying about holding up traffic and each stop had lengthy descriptions. I would recommend this tour to anyone who likes spooky stories.

1 Thank Natalie P