“A great experience”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We'll remember this meal a lot longer than some of the fine dining places we tried on our Low Country trip. The food is plain and simple but very good. Their fried chicken was better than any we had elsewhere. Service is exceptional by a group of dedicated volunteers. There's an old tube TV in the corner showing Hawaii 5-0. Regulars come in for a chat and a piece of delicious red velvet cake. If you're in Savannah on Thursday through Sunday you should try this place.

2  Thank Ian H

Reviewed 7 March 2014

We've been wanting to eat here for a few year and finally made it today. It's run by Pastor Jackson and his wife, and they deliver soul food that sets a new standard. Besides being gracious and friendly folks, they serve amazing food. I had fried chicken with red rice, Mac and cheese, and collards, along with a slice of cornbread. My husband chose oxtails and gravy with rice, Lima beans with okra and fried cabbage. I have to say that the meal was outstanding, but the Mac and cheese was truly a bit of heaven. We had dessert, mine a peach cobbler still hot from the oven, with a pastry topping, and my husband had a white layer cake with dark chocolate frosting; he pronounced it definitely homemade. They run the cafeteria with mostly volunteer help and the profits go to various community causes. A definite must stop in Savannah.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

at this place in order to like & review it. Unfortunately we have stopped by three times now during supposed business hours and never found them open. This last time I even called two days prior and was told they would be open only to find them closed on arrival.
All I can say is to not plan to eat there but call when in the neighborhood and hope they are open.

1  Thank tencatdaddy
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I was visiting savannah and stopped here to try this place. Authentic soul food, great cooking and the warmth and hospitality of the ladies cooking was worth the visit alone. The cafe is located in the back of the church and the hours they are open is limited, so check first before going. Good food at good prices. Better than Paula Deens if you like southern cooking. Plus you are helping their church. Will go back next time I am in savannah.

1  Thank mothspaul
Reviewed 28 August 2013

REAL...GENUINE...SOUTHERN CUISNE! Can't remember how I stumbled across Masada Cafe but have been going back over and over ever since. This small little cafe in the back of The United House of Worship for All People is truly one of the most enjoyable dining experiences I have had in Savannah. Now I am not big on church, so was a little concerned about going to a cafe run by one. I did not want to spend my lunch getting preached to. As it turns out there was nothing to worry about. You may get a "God Bless" or "Have a blessed day" form the nice people that run the operation but that is about it. I guess they don't need to preach to you because the food is simply HEAVENLY!!! Delicious ox tail, Savannah red rice, baked chicken, dressing, turkey, sometimes BBQ and the list goes on. Don't miss this place...trust me....

3  Thank PMMarion

Travellers who viewed Masada Cafe at the United House of Prayer for All People also viewed