“Beautiful Hotel”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Savannah
Ranked #10 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel 4 days, mid May. It was absolutely perfect. Beautiful and spotless. $15 parking fee, which was fine, nice parking ramp right across from the front door. All staff were wonderful, the door men were friendly and always asked if we needed anything. The breakfast was good, lots of choices, though it was exactly the same for 4 days, would have been nice if the fruit, or something, could have changed a little. Evening reception was good, we don't drink, but it was nice to just sit and relax after a busy day, or before heading out. Our room was very large, separate bedroom and living area. Bathroom was big, huge shower. Overall it was wonderful and we would definitely stay here again. Only a block from the visitors center which was nice and convenient.

Room Tip: We had a room on 5th floor, beautiful view of the bridge!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank skipnpeanut

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

We loved our stay. We had a 2 room suite on the 5th floor. The room was very home-like. I loved the 2 rooms with seperate TV's. super clean and inviting. The bathroom was very spacious and toiletries provided where very useful. the shower water pressure was amazing. All around great room. The days we didn't get our room cleaned, we were always provided with clean towels. Our housekeeper was very nice and did an excellent job cleaning(jasmine). This hotel has a great breakfast, cook to order eggs and many other items. Also a nightly cocktail hour from 5:30-7:30, with snacks provides too. All the staff was very nice and helpful. This hotel is very close to historic downtown. If you are ok with walking, this hotel is in the perfect spot. Just leave your car and start exploring. ENJOY this hotel, I know we did. Can't wait to return. The pool and Firepit area were nice too. Savannah rocks!

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Luv2eat2010
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We enjoyed our recent stay at the Embassy Suites Savannah. The room was clean, quiet, and comfortable, and the staff was courteous and helpful. The complimentary breakfast and evening reception were well done and much appreciated (especially breakfast). The location is a bit out of the way compared to most other hotels, but is also quite as a result – the chief complaint being having to cross MLK Blvd which is a very busy street during the day in order to get into town.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
1  Thank Richard M
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I just returned from a one night stay here. We were so happy to get a good night's sleep on the comfy mattress after a miserable two nights of no sleep at the Embassy Suites in historical Charleston, SC because of the lousy mattress there. So I give the hotel a thumbs up for that as well as being spotless! As first time visitors to Savannah we were both a little disappointed in the area. Not at all what we were expecting. We had bad vibes from the time we arrived and never really felt all that safe walking from the hotel to the shops, restaurants, etc. I should have researched the area a little more before booking a stay here. Not as close to the market area as we would have liked to be. Happy hour was certainly nice with a friendly bar tender and a great assortment of appetizers! Hot buffet breakfast was marginal. Temperature of food was barely warm. Don't think the staff quite had their acts together! Buffet was supposed to be open at 6:30 a.m. and since we were anxious to check out and get on the road we arrived at 6:30. At 6:45 a.m.there was only one person working. I felt sorry for the guy as I overheard him say none of his staff had shown up for work yet. He was struggling to get everything set up, utensils out, etc. So we left hungry. Don't think we'll return to the area. We prefer the charm of Charleston instead!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I was very impressed with this hotel!!! Easy check on with Taylor who was super nice... We had a king suite which had a living area, a kitchen area, a great bathroom and a great size room. We checked in late so we wanted to order room service. It was supposed to be until 11pm but when we called around 10:50pm they were already closed. We were super tired from a long drive so I was dissapointed with that. I talked to LaVanda at the front desk and she gave us complementary room service for the next day which I thought it was amazing!!! I did not ask for it and she was very kind and offered.. The hotel is beautiful, super clean, the breakfast is amazing!!! They have complimentary happy hour which includes snacks, wine,cheeses ..we did not stay for that but I think it would be pretty nice! The manager Pat was also very kind and nice.
Location was perfect for us.. Not too close to the River side which leaves noise out of the question..but just a short walk away which makes it fun. I highly recommend this hotel for its staff, costumer service, room size and cleanness... And the great breakfast!!

Room Tip: Get the suites!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Renata C
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The hotel was great. The music in the lobby (piano George Winston) was great to listen to. The breakfast was excellent. The managers cocktail 2 hours was good also. Room was clean and kept up. The price was a little high. $227 plus taxes Friday and Saturday . $170 plus tax. I thought the $15 a day charge for parking was a bit much. It should be included for the price. the hotel is within walking distance of most of the district train musuem etc. But it is not a place you park a car for Downtown activities.

Room Tip: Go during the week
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jtkoehler2
Jason K, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Good afternoon jtkoehler2,

My name is Jason Keltz and I am the Guest Services Manager at the Embassy Suites Savannah. I first want to thank you for staying with us and I also want to thank you for taking time out of your day to share your thoughts with us. I am happy to read that you thought our hotel was great and the lobby music was also nice listening.

For the price of a room you get a 2 room suite, complimentary cooked to order breakfast, and a complimentary 2 hour evening reception. We are the only hotel in the Savannah Downtown area that is an all 2 room suite hotel, with complimentary cooked to order breakfast and the complimentary 2 hour evening reception. We are also one of the few hotels that offers self parking many of the other hotels in our hour only offer valet parking and it is upwards of $20.00 per day.

Again, I want to thank you for staying with us and was happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us. I hope the next time you are in Savannah, you will find us.

At your service,

Jason Keltz
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights. The room was a large king suite, well laid out and comfortable. There was a refrigerator in the room, which made it convenient to store some food articles. The location was convenient to the visitor center, but a little off the beaten path from the River area and the historic area. It was close to the Savannah College of Art and Design for those who might be visiting there. At first, we thought the area might be a little sketchy after dark but it did not turn out to be so. The breakfast was very good, with a specialty area where they made omelets, and several hot food items. The evening reception was nice, although the appetizer offerings could be upgraded a bit.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Good afternoon Robert,

I am so happy that you enjoyed your week with us at the Embassy Suites Savannah. I am happy that you found the room to your likening and I would agree with you that our rooms are large and comfortable. I am happy that you found the refrigerator in your room convenient. I am glad that you enjoyed the breakfast and the evening reception as well.

Again, thank you for staying with us for your 5 night stay and I hope the next time you find yourself in Savannah, we will be your home for another week.

At your service,