“So much better than Residence Inn Savannah!!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Savannah
Ranked #11 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 17 June 2014

You simply MUST stay here, at the Embassy Suites, Savannah!! Their staff will make you feel like royalty, and unlike a very unfortunate experience down the street from here at Residence Inn, Marriott, I wll NEVER stay in a Marriott property again!! This location, at Embassy Suites, Savannah is just amazing and sublime, opulent and the staff, I simply cannot give them enough praise!! Marriott ought to send there GM Donnie Morgan and staff down the street to Hilton and show them how to treat people, patrons, clients, "their paycheck, bread and butter!" Sincerely, Mrs. O Jacksonville, FL

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Write a ReviewReviews (1,791)

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We were so pleasantly surprised with the Embassy Suites in Savannah, we did not know it was a brand new hotel. It was very nicely decorated, with many amenities (the pool was a little small).
They have a very nice breakfast buffet where they will also make you a made to order omelette and a great complimentary cocktail hour in the evening. The staff was very nice overall, but they have a few STAR employees that really made our stay special.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Absolutely nothing negative to report! It was all good. From the staff manning the valet parking, to the bartender at the bar. The service was great, the staff were friendly, professional and helpful!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This new hotel was beautiful! The staff was friendly, the rooms were clean and spacious. Breakfast and Free beer, soda and wine in the afternoon was included.
The pool was great. The music in the pool area was incredible. Nice firepit to unwind.
The whole family enjoyed this property!!

Room Tip: Rooms were quiet to hallway noise
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed with my family here tonight. It is a little sketchy when you are driving through the area (a couple blocks from downtown), but my goodness this hotel is gorgeous! This rivals any Ritz Carleton I have any stayed in. All this for only $215 a night (on the weekend). Be warned that parking is additional ($15 self an $20 valet).

The outside of the hotel is nice but the inside is absolutely beautiful. Very friendly staff. Amenities are all first class, rooms are very spacious and top notch.

An absolute gem of a hotel in Savannah. I will be staying here every time I am in town and would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I stayed at the hotel for one day. the day that I arrived after I parked my car I was met at the doors to the hotel with smile, welcome and a bottle of cold water on a hot day by Blue. He made my stay a wonderful experience. They have beautiful rooms and the staff was awesome. Be sure to look up Blue while there. He is a person that gives back to the community.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We stayed here with our two year old daughter and it was perfect. Anyone with kids knows you don't want to go to bed with them at 8 pm or hide in the bathroom drinking wine because they are sleeping. The best part of this hotel is that it has true suites- doors close to the kids bedroom, mom and dad have their own bedroom and a separate living area. Almost impossible to find without breaking the bank in any other hotel. Beds were extremely comfortable, everything was immaculate, well kept up and brand new. They had a laundry on our floor which was invaluable when right after we arrived my daughter had a huge diaper blow out. The pool was clean and inviting, towels laid out in the chairs waiting when you got there.Free hot breakfast was great although I did have my plates cleared while I was still eating by one of the hotel staff one morning. There was a bar manager whose name I can't remember but she was less than friendly, and in fact flat out ignored us on more than one occasion during the happy hour while we were standing right in front of her. One of the other hotel guests actually called her out on it at which point she had to serve me. Aside from those two people everyone else was fantastic. Front desk staff was great, maintenance staff was great, concierge and housekeeping were also great.

There is a 24 hour gift shop that sells snacks and frozen foods, and they were also able to provide things like toothpaste, deodorant, shaving cream etc if you forgot to pack it. This hotel offered all the service and convenience of boutique hotels we used to stay in before we had our daughter!

Location of the hotel was perfect for us. It's about a 5 minute walk to the heart of the historic district. This kept things quiet around the hotel- also important for sleeping, but if you want to be in the heart of the action of bay street, this is not the hotel for you. Essentially, I think this is the best place in terms of bang for your buck and convenience for families especially. If I were very old and not able to tolerate walking to get to the main attractions, or young and ready to party, this may not be the hotel that I would choose. The area in the blocks around the hotel is not the best, but that is really true of downtown Savannah in general. We had no problems, never felt unsafe even walking at night.

Room Tip: Hotel will provide a pak n play (not a true crib) and it will fit in either bedroom without any prob...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family