“Beautiful property-a must stay!!!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Savannah
Ranked #10 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
“Beautiful property-a must stay!!!”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

The property is beautiful and the rooms are a great size-plenty of space! The property is an-close to everything and very central to the trolleys-such a convenient location! The staff is friendly and goes out of their way to extend every courtesy possible! I will stay here again!

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Jason K, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Savannah, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Good afternoon jennifersE4249BZ,

I want to thank you for staying with us and I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I would have to agree with you on the size of our rooms, I would imagine we have the largest rooms in Downtown Savannah; the best part is all of our rooms are 2 room suites. I also want to thank you for your great comments in regards to our staff and how friendly and helpful everyone is. We cannot wait to see you on your next trip to Savannah.

Savannah, GA 31401

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
Lagrange, United States
Reviewed 11 July 2014

The rooms were very clean and the check in/out was very easy. The front desk staff were very helpful, energetic and courteous. Convenient parking and hotel was in close proximity to all attractions in Savannah.

Good afternoon Tania G,

I want to thank you for staying with and also wanted to thank you for your great comments. I am so happy that from the moment you checked into our hotel you had a hassle free stay. I am going to share your comments with our housekeeping staff because I know they take great pride in making sure that all of the rooms are nice and clean. I also wanted to thank you for your kind comments in regards to the Front Office Team. It is very nice to read everyone you interacted with was beyond helpful and friendly.

I hope the next time you find yourself in Savannah, you will choose the Embassy Suites.

Oviedo, FL, United States
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I chose the Embassy Suites due to reviews on TripAdvisor and was not disappointed. Everything about our stay was positive. It was within easy walking distance to the Visitor Center and historic district. We especially enjoyed breakfast and the evening happy hour. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Good afternoon Elise K,

My name is Jason Keltz and I am the Guest Services Manager for the Embassy Suites Savannah. I want personally thank you for staying with and so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I know as a traveler you have several options where to stay at and also as a traveler you use TripAdvisor to plan a hotel stay. I am so happy to read that based on the positive comments you read about our hotel, we did not disappoint you. I am also so happy that you enjoyed our fantastic breakfast and our evening reception; both are a must when staying at our hotel.

Again, I want to thank you for staying with us and I hope the next time you are in the Savannah area, you will come back and stay with us.

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Recently spent 3 nights at this new(er) property. At first blush the hotel is very attractive and still has that new hotel feel. We were upgraded to the Presidential Suite which is bigger than my first apartment (thanks!). The room was great but as another recent reviewer noted it was difficult to regulate the temperature. It tended to get very hot in the middle of the night no matter what I did to the thermostat. The happy hour was ok but not great. There was little to no variety from night to night in the offerings and at times there was a line 10 deep to get a cocktail. Breakfast was good but like the happy hour, they had some difficulty managing larger crowds. Try to visit during off-peak times if you want to enjoy a nice breakfast. The fitness center was great. Wifi was adequate.

The biggest issues that we had with the hotel are impossible to overcome. First, the location isn't great. It's built on the edge of the Historic District and the immediate area has an industrial feel. It's a fairly long walk to get to most locations and the first intersection (W.Oglethorpe and MLK) is a pain to get through. Secondly, the pool at this property leaves a lot to be desired. It looks like it was added as an afterthought. It's small, there are relatively few chairs and due to the lay out there is no sun in the morning.

In summary, the property is nice but if you're hoping to enjoy a pool or you want a central location you may be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Jim W
Good afternoon Jim W,

On behalf of the Embassy Suites Savannah, I want to thank you for staying with us on your most recent trip to Savannah. I was so happy to see that we were able to upgrade you to our Presidential Suite during your stay and that you enjoyed the room. I want to apologize that you had some challenges with our Happy Hour and with the crowds at breakfast. I also am sorry that you did not like our location, we are only a 5-10 minute walk to City Market and River Street. I also am sorry that you did not enjoy the pool to your satisfaction. I am happy that you did enjoy our fantastic fitness center and also our WiFi.

I want to thank you for staying with us but more importantly I thank you for your comments. It is comments like yours that allow us to provide better service. I hope that the next time you are in Savannah, you will consider staying with us again.

Flourtown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We just completed a 4 night stay at the Embassy suites. When you walk in your first impression is this is very nice. They met us with warm smiles and were very polite. I will not say that our stay did not have any issues. The air conditioning in the hotel was not working correctly and our room got very uncomfortable. We stayed in it for the first night and then spoke to them about it. They assured us that it was being worked on. When it did not get any better they quickly said we need to get you out of that room. The people working at the hotel did not cause this issue but they did handle it very well. They maintained their composure through our stay.
We could not say enough nice things about the people, but two stood out. Justin who worked in the bar / restaurant area was 1st class. Anna our concierge was a great help and helped plan our vacation.

Good afternoon Joe E,

I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with and I want to apologize about the issues with our A/C unit. I am so happy to read that everyone you encountered was very nice and friendly and had smiles on their faces. I am glad to read that our staff handled a bad situation so well, I want to assure you that I will share these comments with them. I know that you enjoyed everyone that you interacted with but it is always special when you interact with team members that you remember after your visit because of how they were able to help you. Thank you for mentioning Justin and Anna as being the two team members that went above and beyond for you during your stay.

I hope the next time you find yourself in Savannah, you will stay with us.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Spacious 2 room suite with huge bathroom and two tv's. Very clean and quite. What else could you ask for. Free snacks and booze from 5:30-7:30 you may say. Well they have that also. Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank jonbrooks27
Jacksonville
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I stayed here for my birthday weekend and the customer service and management team were awful. They treated us like we were an inconvenience and check in took 20 minutes. I will never go here again or recommend them to anyone. Courtyard Marriott is way better!

• Stayed May 2014
7 Thank AshleyJacobi
Good afternoon AshleyJacobi,

My name is Jason Keltz and I am the Guest Services Manager at the Embassy Suites Savannah. I am so sorry to read that you had issues with us during your Birthday Trip to our hotel.

I would like to speak to you in regards to what some of these issues are so that way as a hotel we can improve on our service. I can be reached at jason.keltz@hilton.com or at 912-721-6900. I look forward to hearing from you.