“Wow”

Ranked #8 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

We had a wonderful stay at the Embassy Suites. The facilities are gorgeous and spacious. Maintenance came quickly when needed. The cleaning staff are very thorough. The breakfast was amazing. The staff were good. Great place to stay. A little far from the hubbub, but there are several good restaurants within a block of the hotel.

Families please note: only suites with two queen beds have a bath tub. If you need a bath tub, you'll have to reserve one of those. We hadn't but, as we really needed a bathtub for our son's bedtime routine, the hotel upgraded us to a larger room. Like I said, great service.

The pool is nice, but is in the direct sun in the afternoon. Shady in the morning, though!

Overall, this is a great hotel to use as a home base to explore the city. Not inexpensive, but truly a good value.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter. The hotel is next to a bus depot and a busy street, so quiet is good. S...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Jason K, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Savannah, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Good afternoon Llamalady75,

I want to thank you for staying with us recently and so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I also want to thank you for taking a moment out of your day to share your thoughts with us. I apologize that you had issues with your room that required maintenance to come but I am happy to see that they came quickly and were able to fix the issue right away. I am glad that you enjoyed our fantastic breakfast and our great staff.

Again, I want to thank you for staying with us and for your kind words. I hope the next time you find yourself in Savannah, you will stay with us again.

Guest Services Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Knoxville, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

This is a newer Embassy, that is a true gem of a property but they need to adress several service issues. I am a Hilton Honors member and have been for over 13 years and usually do not stray from the brand, so I have stayed in several Embassy Suites over the years. It definately was the nicest and newest I have been too in terms of the actual property. The issues we had were the following: we had trouble with housekeeping everyday with towels and toilet paper and trash cans. We stayed here 5 days. We extended our original stay and lost all room key and garage privileges on the original day we were supposed to leave before we extended our stay. Staff was not overly zealous to help us resolve this issue. Breakfast was ok..but many things were undercooked each day and the grits were like wall paper paste, nothing like I make them. The only goId thing was the fresh omelets and they frequently ran out of items for the omelets. The milk was warm, cereal dispensers were not cleaned each night. The weekend was horrible for breakfast, no where to sit and could not keep up. I know they were sold out but you have to be prepared for that in a hotel with this many rooms. Also, only 3 elevators made getting up and down quite hard when the hotel was full. All days we did not have what I call hot water. Reception hour was ok..but only 1 bartender made for a very long line to get a drink and snacks were not refilled. I did not feel customer service was being taken seriously here and you can have the nicest hotel in the world but customer service is still a high priority in my book. The straw that put my family over the edge was a fire drill at 9 in the morning that no one ever mentioned to any of the guests. No one knew what was going on and it woke us up and scared us. The guests should have been told beforehand this was a drill.I might be willing to give them another chance, but not sure.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank SmurfySmurfette80
Good afternoon SmurfySmurfette80,

My name is Jason Keltz and I am the Guest Services Manager at the Embassy Suites Savannah. I want to first personally apologize for the numerous issues you had during your recent stay with us. I also want to thank you for your comments because it is comments like yours that allows us to provide not only a better product but also better service. I would like to talk to you some more about the issues that you had with our hotel because I want to make it right for you. As a Hilton Honors Member you are one of our most important guests and I look forward to hearing from you. I can be reached at Jason.keltz@hilton.com or at 912-721-0580.

atlanta, ga
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

I had to be in Savannah for an insurance convention. I wasn't familiar with the other hotels in the area and sometimes even the big named hotels aren't that great.
I was very happy and enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The rooms were fantastic and had a very comfy bed with flat screen tvs.
The best part about the room was the beautiful bathroom with glass shower doors and decorative tile. It was so great not having a shower curtain sticking to you while trying to shower!
The food was good and I chose to eat room service for most of my meals.

The housekeeping was very good as I had clean towels daily and everything looked nice when I returned in the evening.

Room Tip: If you want a room that faces the riverfront area, you will need to ask.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Good afternoon Mozartgal,

I am so happy that you can always count of the Embassy Suites to be great and I am also happy that we lived up to your expectations. I want to thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to share your comments with us. I also want to thank you for staying with us on your most recent trip to Savannah. I hope that the next time you are in Savannah, you will stay with us again.

Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

My friend and I stopped here on our way back from Charleston. The hotel is centrally located so we did lots of walking. We got there early and the staff at the front desk was very helpful. While we were out and about, they called to say the room was ready. The happy hour with free drinks and appetizers sure did hit the spot. We had sangria and it was delicious! Parking is $15 what would be even better is to park for free! All in all it is a wonderful hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Good sized roms with a comfortable bed and big bathroom. The hotel is very clean and staff professional and efficient. It is a very short walk into the city center. Recommended and i would stay here next time around.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed 5 days and everything was perfect. Clean rooms very nice staff. The breakfast is hot and fresh. The evening reception is more about the free drinks than the chip/dip appetizers. The pool area with the fire pit was nice. They are building a French restaurant in the hotel that will be open soon. The hotel is walking distance to everything but the trolley drivers will still drop you off right in front of the hotel if needed!

Stayed July 2014
5 Thank Brian B
Moreland, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

The hotel is new, clean, very pretty. We struggled with housekeeping by having to constantly ask for clean towels and the room to be cleaned. Ran out of toilet paper and had to ask for that. I have had better breakfast and evening receptions at other Embassy Suites. It's a nice place but I would not stay at this one again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family