“Great Location in clean modern spacious hotel”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Savannah
Ranked #10 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 18 August 2014

This was a family trip with our 8 year old, so the suite was perfect. The cons are the price was high, but that is relative compared to other nearby hotels of the same type and you do have to pay for parking otherwise this place was perfect. This was one of the nicer embassy suites we have stayed. It was in a perfect area on the edge of downtown without it being loud or too seedy. It is nearby to the bus station, but more importantly close to all the attractions. We made a walking loop of the Savannah river and river street, but spent most of our time visiting the various squares. We made a large loop, walking almost all of it. Started at the nearby children's museum then river street. We rode the free ferry across the river and back for some nice views and fresh water air. We walked to the various squares. As I enjoy a good beer and good food but family friendly I did enjoy the World of Beer as much as our son. Dessert at the nearby Lulu's Chocolate bar was also a hit. The little one got an amazing flourless chocolate cake and we, but mostly my wife, enjoyed walking back to the hotel with chocolate martini. The breakfast was very good, but comparable to other Embassy suites. The manager's reception seemed good if not better then most with assorted hot and cold appetizers. The mixed drinks were simple and unspectacular, but they are free. After a few sips of a mediocre gin and ginger ale (in lieu of a Tom Collins they could not make), I switched to beer. The rooms are spacious clean and new with a modern air without feeling cold. The parking deck takes some figuring. You need your room key to get in, so don't try to enter unless you checked in already. Oh, it is not too far from the airport and close to interstates for easy access. Great stay. Great place

Room Tip: We stayed in higher floor, so as to avoid any possible street noise (there is a nearby bus station a...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Loppy1020
Write a ReviewReviews (1,766)

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Hotel was very clean and nicely appointed. The staff was extremely friendly and professional. The location is good but not the best in Savannah's Historic District. The trolley is right outside your door if you are not keen on walking everywhere, but keep in mind the best way to see Savannah is on foot. The wonderful accomodations, ease of parking, cleanliness of the hotel, great staff and perks like the managers reception and complimentary breakfast make this an excellent value. I have never been disappointed when staying at an Embassy but this is one of the best. Do note that this location doesn't participate in point promotions offered by HHonors.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
1  Thank green3005
Reviewed 17 August 2014

This was one of the best Embassy Suites I have stayed in. There were three of us so the sofa bed came in handy and the two suite room. The lobby is pretty, staff very attentive, and the complimentary breakfast and reception great! The beds were comfortable and laundry facilities were a bonus since this was at the end of our vacation. The only downside is that the location really is on the border of the Historic District and after the first time hoofing it to the historic district, we decided to drive to get to attractions spend time walking around there. (And I like to walk!) When it gets over 90 degrees it gets a bit hot walking back and forth to the hotel as the Southern heat is stifling. Overall we were very satisfied with the hotel and the value. There is not another hotel that offers so much space and amenities, which saved us money. The fact that it is a new property makes it that much better.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Otis45
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We really enjoyed our stay. The hotel is walking distance to the popular destinations and restaurants. No need for a car- enjoy the walks!
Excellent full breakfast including made to order omlettes. Beautiful lobby- brand new hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I recently stayed here with my family for one night before traveling to Hilton Head for the week. We have been to Savannah once before when this hotel did not exist and stayed over at the SpringHill Suites down the street, but we have stayed at Embassy Suites hotels all around the country so we felt we must try this out. We had 5 people in our party so we booked a 2BR 2Bath suite versus the standard one bedroom suite. All of our boxes were checked here: Plenty of space in the room, spacious bathrooms, beautiful lobby (you can just tell it's brand new), one of the best evening receptions at an Embassy Suites we have been to offering all kinds of foods from chips and dips to desserts, and a great breakfast in the morning. We were only here for one night, so we didn't take advantage of the many amenities offered but we did take a look around. Everything seemed very nice: a great outdoor pool area w/ firepit, a great fitness room, etc. The only thing I will say about this hotel is that the location is not prime. It is close to the waterfront but it is a little bit of a walk to get there, which isn't a huge issue but in the peak of the summer when we went it got a little hot walking back and forth. The location also prevents you from getting great views from your room. To my family though this was not really a major issue seeing that we were only there for a night. Overall, my family believes that this hotel is another star in the embassy suites brand. We have yet to find another hotel that offers so much space and amenities for what you pay. This hotel carries on that tradition and that fact that it is a new property makes it that much better.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Redsox3
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We stayed at Embassy Suites for six nights starting August 5, 2014. The hotel is brand new, very beautiful and incredibly clean. The breakfast is a real one with scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, grits, bread items, sweet rolls, cereal and juices; plus they will make you a custom omelet. It was always hot and very tasty. The concierge gave us good advice on where to go and how to get there. All the employees were very professional, nice and helpful with minor exceptions. The maids skipped our room one day but we were fine anyway and if we had called down I'm sure they would have sent someone up. Any requests for extra towel etc. were answered promptly. Minor issues: 1. the pool was small but was fine for kids and had chairs and towels 2. The hotel was full and the soda machines were empty once or twice but were refilled quickly 3. Although the breakfast is advertised as free, when I corrected the number of guests in my room up to three, the hotel rate went up slightly. However it was so little that I can't even remember and the breakfast would have cost $10-15 anywhere else. We did not park but it was about $15 per day but that is par with other hotels in the area. I am returning for a few days in September and I didn't even look anywhere else, I just booked here. It is around the same as other hotels in the area and the $10-30 a night I might have saved would not have been worth it. It is noted in other reviews that it is on the edge of downtown and a little close to a less elegant part of town and it is right next to a simple motel. However, we always felt safe even at night. We were there for a visit to SCAD and this was well located. SCAD building are all over downtown but this hotel was very close to several important ones. Also we heard absolutely no noise from other rooms, it was nice and quiet and the air conditioner worked well. This is good because Savannah is a walking city and it was hot and humid! We had a wonderful time and I wish I could find such a great hotel everywhere I travel! Very Happy!!!

Room Tip: I don't think there are any bad rooms. The views were average, but you are downtown after all.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Jason K, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Good afternoon Dgbarnhart,
My name is Jason Keltz and I am the Guest Services Manager at the Embassy Suites Savannah. I want to first thank you for staying with us. I also wanted to thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. I am so happy to see that you enjoyed our breakfast and it is something that we pride ourselves on. I am so sorry that our housekeeping department missed your room and I want to assure you that we have shared your comments with our housekeeping staff. I am happy to see that once you called downstairs someone came up right away. I am so happy that you are coming back to stay with us in September and on behalf of the Embassy Suites Savannah, we all look forward to your return visit with us.
Thank you again for taking time out of your busy day to share your wonderful experience with us.

At your service,
Jason Keltz
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Stayed for two days at this hotel. It is relatively newer but already has a little wear and tear on the elevator doors (looks like some clown tried to write their name on it). Other than that the hotel is very clean and well maintained. I arrived early and the desk staff had my room ready. You know as well as I sometimes this means waiting in a lobby or hotel restaurant forever (this has happened at other Hilton properties even when arriving at official check-in)
The rooms are two room suites minimum. They are spacious and feature a walk in shower that even has a tile bench in it! The fridge was in great working order and my Hilton Gold member drinks were out and waiting! If you want to take an "official" tour of Savannah by bus it can be arranged from the lobby. The manager's reception is a perk that I wish more Hiltons would adopt. The breakfast was very good. I did try the restaurant there and the food was very good but the menu was very limited (39 Rue..something....something..). I am humbled that so many of you have found my reviews helpful and I do not like to sugar coat my experiences good or bad. I highly suggest that you consider this hotel if visiting Savannah.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 5th floor and it was very quiet meaning no street noise. The ice machines are in a s...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jjmat49022

Good afternoon Jjmat49022,
I want to thank you for taking time out of your busy day to share your thoughts on your most recent stay at the Embassy Suites Savannah. I am so happy to read that you had great service and loved the rooms. I am happy to see that we were able to accommodate you with an early check in. We are in the process of getting our elevator doors repaired due to someone keying the door. As a Hilton Honors Gold Member you are one of our most important guests and I am happy to see that your My Way preference was in your room prior to your arrival. We want to make sure all of your requests are taken care of prior to your arrival. We have a great concierge here that knows a lot about the city and he will make sure to put you on the best tour and the best part about it, is they will pick you up from our hotel. We are looking forward to our new restaurant opening up in the fall. I hope that the next time you find yourself in Savannah, you will stay with us again.
At your service,